by Frontline
Ask a Question
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Tempe, AZ

This product did NOT work on the flea problem my dog had over the summer, anyone else have the same issue?
Elisa E.
Elisa E.
Oct. 10, 2016, 6:28 p.m.
I switched up my flea meds... so frontline for 6 months, then advantage, then another brand... just to prevent it from getting used to it.
Casey D.
Casey D.
Sept. 24, 2016, 3:25 p.m.
Works for a short period for us, but not forever. The fleas still live in the house so it's not a complete solution.
Sara S.
Sara S.
Sept. 2, 2013, 1:39 p.m.
Fleas have become resistant to Frontline because it is similar to a pesticide. The pests (fleas) have become immune and can now live through the medications! Very sad and kind of scary :( Talk to your pet about a medication...not a pesticide.
Autumn D.
Autumn D.
Aug. 7, 2013, 3:57 p.m.
I never had this for any of my pets that used frontline. Perhaps during administering this, you did not do it properly.
Abby H.
Abby H.
Aug. 6, 2013, 9:55 a.m.
Yes. Try the Comfortis pill...Fleas fall off in 30 min or less. Repels as well.
Jessa B.
Jessa B.
July 27, 2013, 11:42 p.m.
Let's just say my dog caught Lyme disease while we had been routine using this. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you rarely take your dog/cat outside.
Angela D.
Angela D.
July 24, 2013, 6:37 p.m.
I used to use this product on both of my dogs but I noticed it was not working as well as it used to. My vet told me it was loosing some effectiveness as the fleas were becoming resistant to it as some microbes do to antibiotics. I started using Trifexis (the pill form) that is used for fleas, heartworms and other intestinal worms. My dog become ill from that; however. I guess I am going to try the newest Advantage that is out now! We will see what happens :)
Faith C.
Faith C.
July 2, 2013, 8:55 a.m.
This product is crap. Call your vet for a much more effective flea med.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
June 26, 2013, 12:54 p.m.
No. Did you call the manufactor. I would let them know. Maybe you had a bad batch.
Wendi H.
Wendi H.
March 25, 2013, 10:37 a.m.
We did had to move doses closer
Monica A.
Monica A.
March 6, 2013, 11:47 a.m.
Yes!! I had the same problem with my cats! This product has worked for me until a couple months ago...Maybe it was a bad batch? :S
Frances K.
Frances K.
March 4, 2013, 7:37 a.m.
I used Frontline for years and it worked great. I have noticed in the past 2 years that either the fleas and ticks have become immune to the product or they changed the formula. I now use Advsntage for both my cats and dogs. It is cheaper as you can buy the large breed dog and dose it out for your cats. Advantage is the only product you can do both cats and dogs with. The only problem with advantage is that it does not work on ticks. But it worked great to get rid of my flea infestation thanks to Frontline.
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
Feb. 25, 2013, 12:51 a.m.
Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with it when we tried it this summer. Though, my cat already had fleas so if its for prevention then it would make sense why it didn't work.
Heather P.
Heather P.
Feb. 7, 2013, 2:56 p.m.
From what i understand its not for treating but preventing fleas and ticks.
Emily M.
Emily M.
Jan. 11, 2013, 5:34 p.m.
No I have never had an issue with that unless I missed their application time. Once monthly if you skip they might could get fleas.
Kristy K.
Kristy K.
Jan. 10, 2013, 10:13 a.m.
Yes same issue, my vet said it's because my dog became immune to the active ingredients :/
Renee H.
Renee H.
Jan. 9, 2013, 3:08 p.m.
Ditto! My vet switched our dogs to Triflexis and it is awesome.You can actually lay your dog on a white sheet and watch the fleas fall off just minutes after giving it to them...remarkable stuff
Heather G.
Heather G.
Dec. 21, 2012, 4:10 a.m.
I had the same problem with my dogs. I have tried several different treatments. I finally have them under control, but not completely gone.
Kala T.
Kala T.
Dec. 19, 2012, 7:52 a.m.
Didn't work on my 2 dogs and cat..
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Dec. 13, 2012, 5:09 p.m.
Our dog had the same problem. It worked for a long time on him, but all of the sudden seemed to stop. The vet suggested he was immune to it and he is getting Triflexis now, doing better.
mika l.
mika l.
Dec. 13, 2012, 4:11 p.m.
Try a quick kill pill. I cant remember the brand i get off the top of my head but it will kill adults within and hour they just fall off. I bathed my cats and then applied the preventative frontline. Sometimes depending on the animals surroundings getting rid of fleas and ticks can be very hard. Try treating your yard and carpets and so on as well.
Natalie Y.
Natalie Y.
Dec. 1, 2012, 1:38 p.m.
I had the exact same problem. Try certifect.
Renee D.
Renee D.
Nov. 28, 2012, 4:24 p.m.
Been using this for years, and then this summer, it stopped working on both of my pups. I think they changed the formula. We switched to Advantix and haven't had a problem since.
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Nov. 27, 2012, 1:18 p.m.
It works on both of my cats.
jason t.
jason t.
Nov. 25, 2012, 5:28 p.m.
Didn't work on my dogs either
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Nov. 23, 2012, 8:27 a.m.
Yes, we use revolution now
Carrie G.
Carrie G.
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:02 p.m.
I had the same problem this year. Treated my cats and dogs with Frontline and still ended up with fleas. I heard from the employees at my local pet store that many other people have been complaining too. I waited out the month between doses, switched to Advantage, and the fleas died.. Phew.
Melinda S.
Melinda S.
Nov. 15, 2012, 4:12 a.m.
Frontline is preventative so if your pet already has fleas you would need something to kill them also. If you use Frontline regularly your pet won't get fleas. We have had great luck with this product for years.
Connie F.
Connie F.
Nov. 13, 2012, 1:48 p.m.
Great question, and because we had such a mild winter last year, it really made the spring and summer bad with fleas and ticks. Some times things has been so cold in the winter that we did not have to bother with medication for fleas and ticks. But this time if you didn't keep the medication going all winter by spring you are already in trouble and out of control.
Karren M.
Karren M.
Nov. 12, 2012, 2:21 p.m.
I have never seen a flea on my dog since I've been using Frontline Plus. I have tried the pills from the vet, but my dog gets sick and doesn't seem safe for my children. Frontline Plus has never made our furry friend sick and we have never seen a flea on her!
Azucena M.
Azucena M.
Nov. 10, 2012, 2:34 p.m.
I had the same problem with my dogs. I have tried countless remedies and so far I haven't found one that works for all 4 of my dogs
Amber B.
Amber B.
Nov. 7, 2012, 11:47 a.m.
I find Adavantage works much better then Frontline.
Danotta G.
Danotta G.
Nov. 7, 2012, 7:28 a.m.
Make sure you put it on the SKIN, not just in the hair. if you don't reach their skin, it won't work. I had no problems with any of my animals this year
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.
Nov. 5, 2012, 11:48 a.m.
Try the new one out, Trifexis. It kills fleas, worm and ticks!
Alyssa N.
Alyssa N.
Oct. 30, 2012, 1:36 a.m.
No! It worked on my dogs (all three of them!).
Denise S.
Denise S.
Oct. 21, 2012, 6:44 p.m.
My dog was having the same problem after using for several years. According to my vet, the dogs in many cases will form an immunity to certain flea meds. We switched my pug to Trifexis and it improved her flea problem.
Lisa S.
Lisa S.
Oct. 17, 2012, 10:38 p.m.
Wouldn't work for me either!
Fatima C.
Fatima C.
Oct. 17, 2012, 1:47 a.m.
I actually did not have that problem. What I usually would do is before putting Fronline on I would shower my dogs with a flea shampoo maybe that would work for you as well ?
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Oct. 16, 2012, 6:25 p.m.
I had that issue as well, but with ticks for our dog. We use Sentry natural flea and tick medicine now. It's only $15 for 3 months on Amazon and works much better.
Deborah F.
Deborah F.
Oct. 14, 2012, 12:02 p.m.
No, I didn't have the same problem.. This really worked to get the fleas off of our dog and cat. Maybe you got some that was expired? I would contact the company if I had that problem.
Beth H.
Beth H.
Oct. 13, 2012, 4:20 p.m.
Yes, I had the same problem this year. It has always worked in the past. I don't know if it's the product or the crazy hot summer we had. It does help, but not eliminate the fleas completely...and it only seems to work for about 2-3 weeks as opposed to the 4 it is supposed to work for. However, I do have to say that it GREATLY reduced the problem.
Ivori M.
Ivori M.
Oct. 12, 2012, 6:54 p.m.
Hi Ashley! Yes, I did have the same problem and after much research, I found Brewer's Yeast & Garlic Tablets from the company Only Natural Pet. I followed the directions, giving the appropriate amount of chewable tablets to my dog by her weight, and after 2 months, my Rose is flea and tick free!

Join Now