by Frontline
Ask a Question
Haley C.
Haley C.
Mooresville, NC

I have "quirky" dog who gets aggressive when I try to apply this to his back...I would like another alternative for application. Any suggestions?
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
May 6, 2014, 10:55 p.m.
Your best bet would be an oral flea prevention, such as Comfortis. Or you may consider a combination flea/heartworm prevention product such as Trifexis.
kim w.
kim w.
April 28, 2014, 8:08 a.m.
Try comfortis, it is in pill form, and it works well!
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Jan. 7, 2014, 4:30 p.m.
You can also purchase a shampoo version if he's ok with baths?!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Dec. 5, 2013, 11:53 p.m.
Bring him to your local vet and ask them if they can apply it for you. We do it all the time at my place.
Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.
Nov. 5, 2013, 7:19 a.m.
Have you tried the spray version? I find that's a lot quicker and easier when your dog doesn't like to get sprayed like mine.
Lanna C.
Lanna C.
Nov. 1, 2013, 9:35 p.m.
Perhaps it burns your dog. Or at least irritates him a little. My dog did that so I had to switch from Frrontline to a pill. Works better as Frontline never really worked for him.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Nov. 1, 2013, 8:28 p.m.
Make it a big deal for him and praise him and get a helped to give him treats while you apply it.
Danielle J.
Danielle J.
Oct. 30, 2013, 1:45 a.m.
Try to get a flea pill instead
Allie S.
Allie S.
Oct. 15, 2013, 3:43 p.m.
Get a family member to hold the dog or sit at his face and talk to him a and pet him as the other member puts the application on the dog
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
Oct. 4, 2013, 12:10 p.m.
I bribe with a special treat. He does much better.
dominica r.
dominica r.
Sept. 23, 2013, 6:40 p.m.
I usually give my dog something to preoccupy her like a chew toy or treat.
Alexis D.
Alexis D.
Sept. 19, 2013, 3:05 p.m.
There are other alternatives out there that you can give them by mouth. If your dog is afraid maybe you could get em while he's sleeping or outside playing with some treats.
Meghan M.
Meghan M.
Sept. 14, 2013, 10:07 p.m.
I would try switching to the pill. I wrap it in cheese, and they both eat it right up
Tresa S.
Tresa S.
Sept. 5, 2013, 12:05 a.m.
Have someone help you and reward your dog with there favorite treats or toy while your applying the frontline. It not only gets their focus off what your doing it makes the application process a more positive situation.
Kelsey N.
Kelsey N.
Sept. 4, 2013, 12:54 p.m.
I would wait until he's sleepy- maybe later at night, while you're hanging out on the couch, and then put it on.
Meghan W.
Meghan W.
Sept. 2, 2013, 5:08 p.m.
If you're set on using Frontline, wait until your dog is asleep or give them a treat or toy to preoccupy him. Otherwise I would highly recommend a product that your dog take switch to a preventative that he can take by mouth.
Cindy T.
Cindy T.
Aug. 30, 2013, 6:55 p.m.
I have a dog that does not do well with the topical flea products, they irritate her skin and cause her to act strange. I had to switch to the pill, I specifically use Comfortis.

Join Now