Frontline
By Frontline
#2 in Pet First Aid
Haley C.
Mooresville , NC

I have "quirky" dog who gets aggressive when I try to apply this to his back...I would like another alternative for application. Any suggestions?

Jessica L.
Jessica L.
Saint Charles, MO
3 years, 7 months ago
Your best bet would be an oral flea prevention, such as Comfortis. Or you may consider a combination flea/heartworm prevention product such as Trifexis.
kim w.
kim w.
Douglas, GA
3 years, 7 months ago
Try comfortis, it is in pill form, and it works well!
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Calgary, AB
3 years, 11 months ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
You can also purchase a shampoo version if he's ok with baths?!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Oakland Gdns, NY
4 years ago
Bring him to your local vet and ask them if they can apply it for you. We do it all the time at my place.
Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.
East Dubuque, IL
4 years, 1 month ago
Have you tried the spray version? I find that's a lot quicker and easier when your dog doesn't like to get sprayed like mine.
Lanna C.
Lanna C.
Vista, CA
4 years, 1 month ago
Perhaps it burns your dog. Or at least irritates him a little. My dog did that so I had to switch from Frrontline to a pill. Works better as Frontline never really worked for him.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Ringwood, NJ
4 years, 1 month ago
Make it a big deal for him and praise him and get a helped to give him treats while you apply it.
Danielle J.
Danielle J.
Glasgow, KY
4 years, 1 month ago
Try to get a flea pill instead
Allie S.
Allie S.
Monroe, GA
4 years, 1 month ago
Get a family member to hold the dog or sit at his face and talk to him a and pet him as the other member puts the application on the dog
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
4 years, 2 months ago
I bribe with a special treat. He does much better.