by Frontline
Ask a Question
Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
Kutztown, PA

How long does this work and how good does it work on cats, is it worth the money. I have 5 cats. One adult cat and I want to find something that will kill fleas and such.
Jesika E.
Jesika E.
Oct. 10, 2013, 3:49 a.m.
We had the same problem last year. When I talked to someone at Petsmart, they said that a lot of people where complaining that Frontline was no longer working on their pets. We switched over to Canine Advantage II and have had get results. My mother-in-law started her dog on a new pill that I believe prevents heartworms and takes care of fleas and ticks. We buy our Advantage II at Petsmart and my mother-in-law purchases the pill at her Vet office.
Abby H.
Abby H.
Aug. 6, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
If you want something that will KILL and KEEP THE FLEAS OFF, buy the Comfortis pill! The vet I worked for suggests it over anything else. It used to only be available for dogs but now you can give them to cats. If you can get a pill down your cat, I swear by Comfortis. If not, you can always put it in their food. It works great.
Brenna M.
Brenna M.
July 23, 2013, 4:53 p.m.
I have 4 cats and treat them all with Frontline. We have never seen a flea on any of them. Although it does get a little expensive on a monthly basis it is much less costly and better for the pet to prevent fleas. Treating a flea infestation in your home can be costly and a huge pain!
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
June 3, 2013, 6:26 p.m.
I apply once a month, and it works great on my 85lb German Shepherd
Rose M.
Rose M.
March 21, 2013, 11:48 a.m.
Use monthly
Amber B.
Amber B.
Nov. 7, 2012, 11:50 a.m.
I have 10 cats and 2 dogs and my vet told me how to measure the appropriate amount for the size of my animals so I buy one big package of Advantage and treat them all. Frontline does not work as well and with the plus you would have to purchase the cat and dog formula.
Chancy B.
Chancy B.
Nov. 7, 2012, 7:26 a.m.
I have used it in my cat. It worked some what. She still had eggs and baby fleas. I had to bath her once a week in flea shampoo or dawn soap to kill the rest. In order to kill all the fleas, you have to kill the "queen" flea. Frontline doesn't kill the main "queen" flea. Shes like the follower. One you kill her, no more fleas. I wouldn't waist my money on it. Best thing to do is talk to your local vet. My vet sales flea pills. And me and my dog love it. Check in to that, I'm not sure what the brand is. But it really does kill all the fleas. What the flea pill does is, you give the small pill to pet with food. In 30minutes that pill relases a chemical that will not harm animal, and it goes in the animals blood stream, in a hour when fleas bit animal they get that chemical in there body and die. I am now flea free :)
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
Oct. 30, 2012, 2:23 p.m.
Frontline works very well on my cat. Although the frontline does not work on my dog
Beth H.
Beth H.
Oct. 13, 2012, 4:22 p.m.
It is meant to work for 30 days, and it always has in the past. However, this summer it has only worked for 2-3 weeks after each application, but it was a super hot and dry summer for us here, so that may be why. However, it still GREATLY reduced the problem, just not eliminate it altogether. I still feel it is worth the money and I use it on all three of my pets, two of which are cats.
Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.
Oct. 11, 2012, 10:24 a.m.
It lasts for 30 days and it does work. I definitely think it is worth the money.
Lacey H.
Lacey H.
Oct. 11, 2012, 7:50 a.m.
A month. it works quite well on cats. and it is definitely worth the money. you wont have fleas in your house it will keep them off your cats. this product is literally amazing.
Julie G.
Julie G.
Oct. 10, 2012, 5:35 p.m.
Frontline is made to be applied once a month. It is a good preventative product but I would not recommend it if you have a serious flea problem.
Christina M.
Christina M.
Oct. 10, 2012, 2:32 p.m.
It lasts about 30 days! i find it worked extremely well. I had fleas horribly last year and frontline was my go-to-product they were gone within two weeks (with help from terminix) :)
Katie K.
Katie K.
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:51 p.m.
Frontline lasts around a month. You should put Frontline on your pet every month in order to keep the fleas away. It works absolutely great!!
Melissa A.
Melissa A.
Oct. 9, 2012, 11:29 p.m.
Frontline is designed to be administered on a monthly basis. It is stored in your animal oil glands and slowly released throughout 30 days. As long as your cats are 8 weeks or older, this product can be used. In fact you could probably medicate several kittens with one dose. The product is usually poured between the shoulder blades so your animal cannot lick it off. This product has worked for my pets, both cats and dogs. Hope this helps!

Join Now