Frontline
By Frontline
#2 in Pet First Aid
Rachel c.
Troy, MI
How does this compare to the oral flea/tick medication the vet gives?
Marlene G.
Marlene G.
Los Angeles, CA
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I used to put topical products on my dog and the cleanse still for on him and bit him.. he is allergic to fleas. After like 2 weeks it wasn't as potent so it pretty much didn't work. Noe I give him oral flea pills and the fleas get paralyzed as soon as they get on his coat and t works the whole month! Couldn't got back to topical treatments.
Tisha M.
Tisha M.
Noble, OK
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I've used many flea and tick pills/topicals, including frontline plus. In my opinion, frontline does not do its job. When my dogs were on this, fleas and ticks were not prevented and did not go away. I'm not a fan of topicals in general because baths make them less effective. Also, I feel as if the topicals can be rather toxic. I always worry about about my dogs licking each other/themselves and the reactions to follow. My dogs are currently on Bravecto + and I've never once saw a flea or tick on either one of them (and the pill form is so much easier + lasts 3 months). This can be a more expensive option, but very worth it.