BY FRONTLINE #2 in Flea & Tick Control

• Do you have any pets?8 Answers
  • Has anyone ever used a collar on a cat for flea prevention?9 Answers
  • Ok so i am new to the mommy of fur babies i have a cat and dog so...4 Answers
Frontline
  • "Works great in *some areas*, unfortunately its no longer effective against flees in my local area so I've had to switch flea preventives." in 91 reviews
  • "With me and my boyfriend being animal lovers we have 3 dogs and 3 cats so i was worried we could never get rid of the fleas." in 47 reviews
  • "I used Frontline on my cat and my golden lab and it effectively kept them flea free or quickly got rid of the pest problem if they were previously infected." in 38 reviews
  • "my dog suffers from fleas every 3 months she always get them but she has a problem she very allergic to some fleas medication but this one i can use every month and it wont damage her skin so am absolutely in love with this product must have if you love your furry little animal you must have the best for them ." in 29 reviews
  • "However, it has started not working any longer and my whole house was riddled with fleas 2 years ago even though we've used this product faithfully." in 24 reviews
Bee M.
So Far so Good, only time will tell. The groomer gave me info. that I had never heard before, when I took a vile with me and asked her to apply at end of session she said she doesn't do that - I asked out of curiosity only , Why ? He said to wait 2 days after a grooming before applying flea treatment. I've never heard this before. Our old groomer offered it as part of the service (+cost of medication). Anyway, back to product, while at vet's office I compared my box from Amazon to the boxes being sold at vet and they are identical. There *is* no expiration date on any of the boxes and never has been. Whomever advised me was wrong thus I passed on the wrong tp you, apologies. There were no differences between vet's product and my product. Fingers crossed. Of one thing I am positive, it's a fact in veterinary circles, fleas are becoming/have become resistant to *all* of these treatments. Just as cockroaches have become resistant to roach treatment (as any New Yorker), fleas are resistant to the flea treatments. Science needs to create something new- but a product which won't make our dogs sick (the new pill can make many dogs very sick). My vet only uses Advantix on his dogs which *cannot* be used if you have indoor cats who share bowls, couches or beds-w/kitties. It is toxic to cats. Vet advises never to let dogs w/Advantix share anything with housebound cats. I used Advantage on my cat, however.
Terrica K.
Texarkana, TX
Our Yorkie had a flea problem a couple of months ago so we were forced to use this. I despise having to use pesticides on our dog. We live in Tick and Flea central, surrounded by deep woods using these products is a difficult choice to make, but for most of us it's one we have to make. Frontline works for our needs so far to control fleas and ticks. It's pretty easy to apply, even if you have a longer-haired dog. The trick is to make sure you get the hair parted well enough to get it applied to the skin. It does smell and has a chemical element to it, so be sure and wash your hands after applying. The one thing I don't care for is the greasy-look it gives to my dog's hair at the application spot afterward. You can't give them a bath for at least a few days after applying (it has to be absorbed into the skin) so unfortunately, it's just going to look like that.

This is far and away the best price I've seen for flea and tick products that work, and I'm cheap so believe me I did some looking...
Alycia C.
Crab Orchard
Frontline is the only thing that I will use on my animals for flea and tick prevention. I used to work in a vet office and the vet I worked for would only recommend and backed frontline. Frontline is the only kind of flea and tick prevention that I've never heard anything bad about. With a lot of flea and tick preventions if they do actually work animals will end up with some kind of reaction or harmful effect from it. An I've never heard of frontline causing any harmful effects on your pet. When I use frontline on my animals I can honestly say that I don't have any problems with fleas or ticks. Frontline is probably my most used pet product and always will be. I always tell people to only use frontline on their pets and always will.
Dorothy C.
Ringtown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is ok for preventing fleas. Living in northeast Pennsylvania and having a labrador mix (golden doodle) there is a high risk of them getting lyme disease. This is not effective for that and two of my dogs have contracted lyme disease even when keeping up with prevention. There are better methods out there. There is also danger in touching your dog while the solution isn't dry and a chance of it contaminating a cat, which is lethal. Use with care and use other preventative measures for your pets.
Alexis D.
Rolla, ND
I use frontline on my 2 year old golden retriever. It is the only flea/tick product I have ever used, and have not found a reason to switch! We spend a lot of time at the lake in the summers, and my little girl is always tick free! We have never had an issue with fleas either. We live in ND so I don't put in on her in the long winter months, but she is definitely sporting it in the spring/summer/fall! Would totally recommend to other pet owners!
Tina F.
san diego
My dog had a horrible reaction to this product. It is a NO NO in my house! I’m not blaming the company for a bad product, it just didn’t work well for my pet. A few hours after application, Rocky exhibited “fly snapping” where it would look like he’s follow something with his eyes, like A fly, and then snap at it. He would then act really scared and cower in the corner. It was very terrifying to watch and it would last for about an hour. We narrowed it down to the frontline application and he’s never shown fly snapping symptoms again.
Steph M.
Manhattan, KS
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I could not find the specific kind of Frontline I was wanting to review, so this will do. I am so pleased with the way Frontline Gold works. I am very picky when it come to flea and tick for my fur baby. Call me crazy but I refuse to use any F&T that has you empty ALL the content between the shoulders blades. The Gold is on the pricier end and you will have to get it from your Vet or find it online(Amazon), as I have never came across a store that sells it. My pup has been around 4 other dogs that had fleas. Within the 3 month of being around them, he did not get a single one, and I thank this brand for that! Hands down do I recommend.
Lauren S.
Madison, WI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We’ve always used Frontline for our dog’s flea/tick preventative care. She doesn’t seem to mind when we’re applying it but it does take some time to apply, and I have heard of certain dogs who make it very difficult to sit still and let you apply the serum. I’m always paranoid I didn’t get all of the medicine out of the little container or that it didn’t get all the way absorbed into her skin-and is just sitting on the top of her hair. She never has had fleas though so it must still be working!
BeautyandWine S.
Clyde
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We have used Frontline for our dog for the whole 5 years we have had her. We have not had any issues with allergies to it or irritation to her skin. We also have not had any problems with fleas or ticks or any other kind of bug. We only use it in the warmer months which seems to help. We will continue to use Frontline with our
Christina J.
My little puppy has been using this brand of flea and tick prevention for about four months now and so far no problems with it. It doesn’t irritate her skin, and doesn’t rub away easily making sure she’s protected for the entire month. The only problem I have would be the smell. It lingers on her fur for weeks afterwards. While that may indicate its working, it is still a bit annoying. Price wise I would say it is at a fair price for a pack of 10.
Amanda M.
Phoenix, AZ
Does this really work for the price it is??? so expensive.....
Casey B.
New Kensingtn, PA
Are these really worth the price? Are the cheaper brands just as good or better?
Ashley S.
Mesa, AZ
This product did NOT work on the flea problem my dog had over the summer, anyone else have the same issue?
KimLann D.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
So I give my dog his dose every month, but for some reason, (I comb him every night) I still find 1 or 2 fleas on him every once in a while. Isn't this product suppose to prevent fleas?
Luz Elaine P.
Have any of you buy this in 1800petmeds???? I just want to know if they have good prices and customer service