BY FRONTLINE #3 in Pet First Aid

Frontline
  • "Works great in *some areas*, unfortunately its no longer effective against flees in my local area so I've had to switch flea preventives." in 91 reviews
  • "With me and my boyfriend being animal lovers we have 3 dogs and 3 cats so i was worried we could never get rid of the fleas." in 47 reviews
  • "I used Frontline on my cat and my golden lab and it effectively kept them flea free or quickly got rid of the pest problem if they were previously infected." in 38 reviews
  • "my dog suffers from fleas every 3 months she always get them but she has a problem she very allergic to some fleas medication but this one i can use every month and it wont damage her skin so am absolutely in love with this product must have if you love your furry little animal you must have the best for them ." in 29 reviews
  • "However, it has started not working any longer and my whole house was riddled with fleas 2 years ago even though we've used this product faithfully." in 24 reviews
Terrica K.
Texarkana, TX
Our Yorkie had a flea problem a couple of months ago so we were forced to use this. I despise having to use pesticides on our dog. We live in Tick and Flea central, surrounded by deep woods using these products is a difficult choice to make, but for most of us it's one we have to make. Frontline works for our needs so far to control fleas and ticks. It's pretty easy to apply, even if you have a longer-haired dog. The trick is to make sure you get the hair parted well enough to get it applied to the skin. It does smell and has a chemical element to it, so be sure and wash your hands after applying. The one thing I don't care for is the greasy-look it gives to my dog's hair at the application spot afterward. You can't give them a bath for at least a few days after applying (it has to be absorbed into the skin) so unfortunately, it's just going to look like that.

This is far and away the best price I've seen for flea and tick products that work, and I'm cheap so believe me I did some looking...
Dorothy C.
Ringtown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is ok for preventing fleas. Living in northeast Pennsylvania and having a labrador mix (golden doodle) there is a high risk of them getting lyme disease. This is not effective for that and two of my dogs have contracted lyme disease even when keeping up with prevention. There are better methods out there. There is also danger in touching your dog while the solution isn't dry and a chance of it contaminating a cat, which is lethal. Use with care and use other preventative measures for your pets.
Alexis D.
Rolla, ND
I use frontline on my 2 year old golden retriever. It is the only flea/tick product I have ever used, and have not found a reason to switch! We spend a lot of time at the lake in the summers, and my little girl is always tick free! We have never had an issue with fleas either. We live in ND so I don't put in on her in the long winter months, but she is definitely sporting it in the spring/summer/fall! Would totally recommend to other pet owners!
Jade M.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
About a year or so ago I lived in an apartment. I was new to living in an apartment and didn't think to put my furbabies on flea medicine. They'd always had their own home, so it wasn't a big concern. Well, they got fleas and I tried this. It did not work. I even tried using this and dipping them and it did not work. I had to bring them to the vet and get real flea medicine.
Hannah H.
Cordele, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a 70 pound German Sheppard who stays outside unless we're at her Human daddy's house and he lets her in. Anyways, frontline is the best flea and tick care for your dog. It comes in a pill form that is chewable like a dog treat. She doesn't even know it's medicine for her. She loves it and does tricks to get it lol. This was recommended my our vet and also my dad who breeds Lab Retrievers. Literally killed her fleas within a couple of hours and prevented more from coming back, which is amazing for a half inside half outside dog ūüź∂
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
Frontline is something i have used for years on all my cats and dogs and it always worked!! but recently it hasnt worked. i love how the Frontline is very convenient and easy to use with their snap and apply applicator. it comes with stickers which i love too. but this flea repellent just does not work like it used to. it is over the top expensive too. i apply every 3 weeks like my vet told me to do for the fleas but it does not work! i no longer reccomend this. i now reccomend getting essential oils such as peppermint oil. there is a flea and tick repellent spray made just with essential oils that you can spray on your cats and any furniture! i love it! it works like a charm! but Frontline, it just isnt the same and i will never go back. Convenient but not worth it!
Heather A.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I was weary and hesitant because it costs so much. I didn't want to spend $50 on something to have it not work. But to my surprise there are 3 applications in each package and you only need to reapply the treatment every 3 months. So basically you're getting 9 months of flea protection for $50. Even better so is that this product works! My rescue had fleas when I rescued her and I gave her a bath with Dawn dish soap and then afterwards used the frontline on her. She's goes outside a lot and I've never seen one flea on her or in my house. I have 3 cats who live exclusively inside and they haven't been given fleas either. I highly recommend this product. It works! I haven't seen any ticks on my dog either.
Amanda W.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My aunt is a vet and she highly recommends these for my dog! My dog is a lhasa-poo so she has a lot of hair and it is curly. This products works so well and we have never had any problems with it! I don't know the price because my mom gets it for her but I highly recommend this to pet owners! It is definitely worth it and it's vet recommended!
Bonnie L.
Sparrows Pt, MD
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I highly recommend you treat your pets for fleas and ticks once a month and this brand is the treatment i recommend the most! It is easy to apply just separate the fur and place directly on their skin starting between the shoulder blades and do dots of it down to the base of their tail. Depending on the weight of your dog the price could me more or less.
Desirea S.
Byron, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have 2 small doggies so I purchase the one right for them. It has always worked on mine from the firat treatment. I use it as instructed and or when the peak of flea and tick season is. Mine are indoor dogs and only go out to potty. I had them for several years and really only had a flea problem when I got them. I used frontline then to treat them and have not seen any fleas since. I use this brand and this brand only. Worth the price and ease of mind no itching and scratching on either the dogs or yourself from bites.
Amanda M.
Phoenix, AZ
Does this really work for the price it is??? so expensive.....
Casey B.
New Kensingtn, PA
Are these really worth the price? Are the cheaper brands just as good or better?
Ashley S.
Mesa, AZ
This product did NOT work on the flea problem my dog had over the summer, anyone else have the same issue?
KimMy O.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
So I give my dog his dose every month, but for some reason, (I comb him every night) I still find 1 or 2 fleas on him every once in a while. Isn't this product suppose to prevent fleas?
Luz Elaine P.
Have any of you buy this in 1800petmeds???? I just want to know if they have good prices and customer service