BY FRONTIER AIRLINES #18 in Airlines

• Do they charge for a personal item? like bag back/purse8 Answers
  • Frontier airlines have good service .5 Answers
Holly H.
Los Angeles , CA
I had the worst experience this Christmas with FRONTIER airlines.
Honestly it would take me all day to type this review so I will make it quick!
I was supposed to fly on a red eye from LAX to Florida with my puppy for Christmas.
Yes the ticket was cheap but then as I was paying for it, I had to pay for my seat! , dog, and luggage. So honestly it ended up not being that much more cheap.
When I finally got to my gate after hours of waiting and the flight being delayed three times (adding 5 hours of wait time) , I sat there for an with my crazy puppy, and out of nowhere they said into a speaker " The flight to Orlando is canceled , everyone go downstairs and get into line. Then they canceled three other flights!!!!! Literally hundreds of people had to go downstairs and get into the same line! I ended up in the back and the line snaked around the airport probably 500 people in front of me and 500 people behind me!!!!! People were crying , sleeping and yelling. After 2 hours of standing there I just left because my dog had nowhere to poddy and he was crying. I also heard that once you got to the front they just told you there was no more flights for two weeks!!!! and also, this was not weather related, it was because crew flight members were just quitting and walking out!!!!
I went home and scheduled with american airlines and I ended up missing three more flights because of how long these lines were.
So I did not get to see my family for Christmas and I will never fly Frontier.
I looked it up on social media and apparently this happens all the time with frontier and they have the most terrible reviews.
Im sorry to be mean but if you take care of your employees and customers, you will have a better company and better experiences.
Filza A.
Lk In The Hls, IL
Absolutely the WORSE airline I have ever used. Ok, I gotta give it to them, their fares are insanely reasonable, but they charge you for a HANDCARRY--that too $40 bucks. That's just insane, and I refuse to pay $40 bucks for a handcarry. Then on top of that, they don't serve you any refreshments, you literally have to buy everything; even a drink, which I feel like is pretty standard for airlines to serve on a 4-5hrs long flight... but NOPE not for frontier. Their customer service is beyond horrible, we had to deal with the receptionist in person at O'hare airport, and they were absolutely TERRIBLE to work with; so much attitude, so extremely rude, not helpful for ONE bit. Sorry to say, but I would rather pay $50-70 bucks more and take a different airline, then to have to EVER deal with this airline. A total waste of time and ruined our vacation even before it started.
Rebecca R.
Flew on this plane for almost 5 hours straight two times. I wish there was a bit more room inside and for that, minus one star. The flight was great on the way, and also a tad more spacious, but on the way back, the plane was considerably tighter and made the flight not so pleasing. I also didn't appreciate that the plane wasn't as clean and prepped on the trip back. There was no readily available barf bags, as there were on my first flight, and a child across the isle vomited and nothing could be done about it for awhile. 2 totally different experiences a week apart. When I landed, the luggage had already been claimed, (people must have ran?) but mine was sitting outside their office waiting for me. They even called me to make sure I got it ok. Very nice customer service. Added the 4th star for that.
Lauren T.
Orlando
Frontier used to be my favorite airline back in the day. They had excellent service, comfy seats, TVs in each seat (which was new), and even served warm cookies! I am not sure when the "switch" happened, but the last two times I have flown with them have not been great. The only reason I didn't give it 1 star is because they do have some reallllyyy cheap flights. When it's more than $100 less than other airlines, then I will deal with it to save money. The seats are not comfortable and you have to pay for EVERYTHING, even a carry on. The customer service is also not great, and everything feels very rushed, not relaxed. Unless you are saving a ton of money, I would recommend spending a little more to fly a different airline.
Melissa K.
Lincoln, NE
Pretty sure I won't be flying with Frontier again and I haven't even gone on my flight yet. Was suckered into purchasing a round trip ticket at a very good price, but while checking in I now realize why it was so inexpensive. Having to pay for my luggage ($5 more for carry on than checked!) and then also having to pay for the a Tula seat... Just made my trip the same price as other airlines and judging from the majority of reviews here, doesn't seem like my flight is going to be anything worth justifying using Frontier over other airlines like Southwest, Jet Blue, and even United. Bummed that I feel tricked into purchasing their ticket. I feel like that's underhanded and won't be flying Frontier again because of it.
Andrea H.
Frontier's strong suit lies in the fact that they are a low cost air carrier. Flights are comparably cheap and you don't have to pay for luggage unless you need it.
That being said, I found the overall experience to be sub par. When needing extra assistance to get my bag full of iv antibiotics into the overhead compartment due to the recent placement of a PICC line in my arm, employees were rude and refused - saying that it wasn't in their job description. Customer service was no more friendly and my particular plane ride was overly dirty when we boarded.
Expect to get what you pay for when booking with this carrier. Would recommend only for laid back and self sufficient individuals looking for a cheap flight.
Liz G.
Green valley, AZ
Ugh. I had no idea they charged for checked bags and when they told us I said ok I'll add the two bags together so we only have to pay for the one. Well they took our bag and sent it away before we could combine the bags and then charged us $45 for a 12 pound bag! So stupid. And they would have charged us for a carryon if it wasn't a diaper bag. Seriously. What the heck! The seats are so uncomfortable and don't recline. The trays are comically small. Overall I would only fly them on short flights for a wknd trip where I wouldn't need any big luggage. They don't even give you drinks or snacks unless you buy them!
Morgan M.
Cheyenne, WY
I used to use Frontier as the only airline I would fly (does anyone else get uber excited when they look out the window at furry friends!?). However, ever since they changed their price structure, I have decided to not use them anymore. They have an incredibly low "base" rate to fly, but then you have to pay for bags. Then you have to pay for a seat. Then you have to... then...etc. It really just adds up to where they're the same price as other airlines or more expensive. I'd rather just fly another airline and at least get a carry-on for free ( or better, two free checked bags, #hollaatchagirl #southwest!).
Lauren L.
I just flew with Frontier for the first time! My roundtrip airfare was cheap (less than $40) and in some ways you get what you pay for! Frontier will charge you for just about everything (except to use the bathroom on the plane) but if you are smart about it, they make it easy to travel for cheap! Customer service isn't the best I've experienced but I had a smooth flight that got me to and from my destination safely. When my flight was delayed and then we sat on the plane for 2 hours until they had staff to help us park, they sent me a voucher for much more than the cost of my flight, for future travel!
Jennifer W.
Florence, KY
My first flight in 18 years was on Frontier. Before I always traveled the bigger airlines. We tried this airline and flew to Vegas to get married. I enjoyed the flight there. It was nice, the airplane was nice and clean and everyone was friendly. Even for an early morning flight. Our flight back home from
Vegas wasn't the same, the plane was dirty, I didn't want to put my things down on the floor! The people didn't seem as cheerful (flight attendants). I was not happy about being on this plane and wished it was much cleaner than what we had to sit in.
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
Globetrotter Expert
Any bad experience from this flight?
Samantha M.
What's the best deal you've ever gotten on a flight?
Anna C.
Columbia, TN
Globetrotter Expert
I have seen some really good prices, but not sure what the club price is all about. Do they charge for checked baggage? what is all included in the price? I'm so confused help
Sarah K.
Spokane, WA
Do they charge for a personal item? like bag back/purse
Ashley D.
Globetrotter Expert
Do they have good prices for the holiday seasons?