BY FRONTIER AIRLINES #16 in Airlines

• Do they charge for a personal item? like bag back/purse8 Answers
  • Frontier airlines have good service .5 Answers
•I•V•A•N•A• J.
Windermere, FL
I will not choose Frontier next time!!!

The first time I used Frontier I was shocked at how cheap the tickets were. I was super excited that the found affordable tickets until I stepped onto the plane. Right off the bat everything seemed very uncomfortable. The seats were super hard and they didn’t decline not one bit. The trays are about half the size of a laptop which is not convenient. Nothing fits on it. The staff wasn’t the best. That was the worst flight I had ever been on. I still had a little bit of hope though. Maybe it was only that plane that was bad. Maybe if I try flying with Frontier again it would be better right? Wrong.

I went on another flight just to see if it was better. Not at all. Everything was the same, the seats, the trays, the flight attendants. This time on this flight you couldn’t hear the people talking over the intercom. The volume was super low. There also was no way of knowing where you were and how much longer the plane ride would be. The plane didn’t even have WiFi. I felt very unsafe when I stepped on the airplane. It just didn’t feel right. Fortunately I got home safe.

If you are looking for a cheap airline I recommend Southwest. They’re not as cheap as Frontier but it’s definitely worth what you are paying for.
Melissa J.
Oviedo
On a flight from ATL, to MCO on Oct 10 at 8pm, the plane boarded half an hour after the scheduled boarding time, with no update made to waiting passengers. I was refused to allow my check-in bag I paid for to be brought on the plane, though it fit in the overhead compartment, and I was verbatim told by another flight attendant there was "plenty of room" in the compartments after everyone had boarded. I had to take out my large iMac from my bag (forced to check the bag separately) and place my computer in the compartment with no protection. This is not a laptop... this is a large screen expensive desktop. The rude attendant who told me the bag is not coming on the flight even mentioned that she was chatting with another employee that they thought my bag was too big when we were waiting on board. NOTHING WAS SAID TO ME during the extra ~30 min we were just sitting for the plane to open. I rode a Spirit flight earlier the same day, with the same exact baggage and had ZERO problems.

My four year old had to use the restroom after the plane had taxied to where we were going to take off (I had taken her immediately before boarding, but she is four... she had to go again.) As it looked like we would be sitting for a while and we were seated at the back of the plane, I asked an attendant if my daughter could use the bathroom. He audibly let out a frustrated sigh, agitatedly picked up the phone and exclaimed "We're going to have to stop the plane!" I waved him off, and told him she would wait, in order to avoid holding the plane... My four year old is now crying in the seat, doing everything she could to not wet her pants. Everyone around us could hear how upset she was. The plane continued to sit in the same place long enough that she could have gone to the bathroom at least 3 times... It literally would not have taken that long at all, she is 4 years old, there was absolutely no compassion from this attendant, and I was met with irritation, when I was already in an unfortunate situation I had no control over.

I will never fly Frontier again. Every single person I encountered on this flight that worked for Frontier was rude and had no concept of customer service. I will be giving all of my business to Spirit over Frontier, and will tell as many people as I can how terrible Frontier is to ride.
Dariya H.
Port orange, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This airline is good for super fidget travelers, however; I prefer to just pay a little more and get a bargain ticket on a non budget airline. The experience on board is not terrible by any means, when issues arise, especially at the ticket counters, one must jump through many hoops and have excellent problem solving skills on their own to fix the issues. Frontier and many other budget airlines go through a separate company for staffing their ticket counters. The last time I flew on frontier, I had a major issue and I had talked to one employee, came back a little while later and there is no trace of what we had talked about, and the next shift had been started by other workers from a totally different company. Needless to say, I had to basically do all of my own leg work to get the problem fixed because these employees don’t seem to care much about customer service.
Ada H.
Brooklyn, NY
If you are someone who just wants to go places on a budget and you're willing to work with the bare minimum, Frontier Airlines is great option. This is a no frills airline and they charge for almost everything; bags, snacks, beverages (except water). There is no wifi, no outlets, nada. But, this is an efficient and safe airline and that's what gets their customers. They do allow a free personal bag (14 by 18 by 8 in or something like that, the exact dimensions are on their website) - this bag must fit below the seat in front of you. What I did to make the most of my trip was bring my own pre-downloaded movies, water bottle to fill up at the airport, my own snacks, and purchased a travel bag from Amazon that fit the EXACT dimensions they allowed for a personal item so that I could pack the most allowed. Super worth it for 125 RT from DCA to DEN!
Mary S.
Anaheim, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Ok, not the greatest airline to fly. The tickets are super cheap which is why I’m sure people like using them but they charge for everything! Even carry on.... waaahhh!!! The aircraft that I flew on was really old! The staff (Pilots) were super young which made me wonder how much experience do they really have?? I flew them coming home and it was only 1 h45 min flight but I felt like it was the longest flight of my life! No drinks at all on this flight and you could watch tv but you had to pay extra for it. The maps didn’t work either and I’m the kind of person that gets antsy on flights when coming home because i need to see where we are flying over. Virgin America has spoiled me for sure. I just can’t fly frontier and the seats were not comfortable. I can find alternative flights that may be a smidge more expensive but it’s so much worth it.
Catherine D.
Woodbridge, NJ
When Frontier has a promo, they do it well! I flew RT to Denver from Trenton for $90. However, you get what you pay for. The seats are squished together to fit more people on the plane and you feel it - not as much as Spirit or RyanAir but certainly more than EasyJet or a traditional airline. The cost for food and drink is reasonable when purchased in a bundle. The flight attendants are typically pleasant and I’ve been lucky enough for my flights to depart and arrive on time. They lost my bag during a connecting flight once but mistakes happen and they FedEx-ed it to me once they located it. The company shows they care about their employees and guests, which is rare and certainly special. If the aircraft was comfier or the cost for baggage wasn’t crazy ($50/carry-on, each way), I’d rate them higher
Michelle P.
Brooksville, FL
The tickets are cheap which is awesome when you plan on spending the money for a trip on the actual vacation site not the plane. However my recent flight got cancelled and I didn’t get an email or alert until 1.5 before the flight... when I was already at the airport. Fine, that happens, I understand but when I called to get my refund they told me it would be back on my card in 5-7 days.... it’s been 4 weeks and I just called them again and was told the payment back to my card was never processed (why?) when I asked why I was ignored and told it’ll be on the card in 5-7 days, have a nice day. Hmmm okay ?
Katie F.
Frontier airlines sucks. They charge you for every little thing, the plane and seats feel cheap. They are just in it to get every penny out of you. Act like they are saving you so much money because of the price of their tickets, but when you take into consideration every little thing they charge you for plus the hassle and unwelcoming attitude of the staff and uncomfortable plane you have to endure, it ends up not saving you very much. It is funny too, everybody I know thinks this about Frontier yet they continue their ways. It's like they are proud to be known as the crappiest airline out there.
Cassie C.
San Francisco , CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Frontier is great when you can get a really good deal. You just have to remember that you have to pay for everything on these flights (including any nonalcoholic beverages or snacks. They don't give anything complimentary). You also have to remember that even though they might have a cheaper flight, you still have to pay for baggage, even if you are carrying-on, and that could end up making the flight more expensive than other airlines that include a free carry-on or a free checked bag. The flight service has been good though and I've only ever had delays due to weather.
jerusha R.
Denver, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Frontier is my go to for cheap flights. I find that they’re less expensive than other discount airlines on a more consistent basis. I wish that it was a little more reliable how much tickets will be, but there are so many sales all the time that I can generally find what I need. It does make it really frustrating when there aren’t any deals and a base ticket price spikes. It doesn’t feel like you’re getting what you’re paying for when you know half the other people on the plane paid a 1/3 of what you did.
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Any bad experience from this flight?
Samantha M.
What's the best deal you've ever gotten on a flight?
Anna C.
Columbia, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have seen some really good prices, but not sure what the club price is all about. Do they charge for checked baggage? what is all included in the price? I'm so confused help
Sarah K.
Spokane, WA
Do they charge for a personal item? like bag back/purse
Ashley D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Do they have good prices for the holiday seasons?