Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, Fl

Do you think it's better than the blue painter's tape????
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
June 22, 2016, 4:20 p.m.
Yes. Blue painters tape sometimes will rip of other paint when you take it off. Frog tape doesn't or at least it hasn't to me before. I also find Frog tape is much easier to remove when you're all done than blue painter's tape.
Heather D.
Heather D.
June 21, 2016, 10:33 p.m.
I think this works better than blue painters tape. I have not had any issues with paint coming out looking peeled because of this tape.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
June 23, 2014, 9:57 p.m.
Absolutely! That blue tape is garbage. It lets paint through and is awful to pull off the walls.
Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.
June 17, 2014, 12:55 a.m.
My step dad is a painter and now uses this instead of blue painter's tape
Mary F.
Mary F.
April 28, 2014, noon
No, I didn't think this product was any better. I had a hard time getting the tape to stick to the walls, and when it did, the paint still seeped through ( and yes I did wash and dry the walls before hand). I think it;s better to just nix the tape and do it free hand when possible.
Angela P.
Angela P.
July 11, 2013, 12:39 a.m.
In my experience the frogtape leaves a clean line. The blue tape no matter how much I pressed down always allowed paint to seep in.
Diane L.
Diane L.
July 8, 2013, 1:08 a.m.
Yes. Blue Painter's never stuck. When I was painting the paint got under the Blue tape so I got this tape instead and had success (my windows were happy!)
Brittany P.
Brittany P.
July 1, 2013, 9:26 p.m.
I used the blue tape and it didn't do that great of a job. It did let some of the paint bleed through. I was not impressed.
Joellen C.
Joellen C.
June 5, 2013, 12:57 p.m.
Most def. It gives clean crisp lines
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
May 28, 2013, 9:50 p.m.
Blue Painter's tape is a lot better.
Kimberly T.
Kimberly T.
May 27, 2013, 10:06 p.m.
It is much better.
Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.
May 17, 2013, 3:20 p.m.
I think it is a lot better. i think its easier to peel off when you are done with your project as well
Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.
May 15, 2013, 2:41 a.m.
I have used both kinds and I like frog tape WAY better than the blue painters tape. It's easier to work with. Heavier duty. It doesn't peel off paint when you take it off (even if you left it on there too long)! Absolutely love frog tape, it's all I use when painting!
Kayla E.
Kayla E.
April 28, 2013, 7:04 a.m.
Works MUCH better than the BLUE PAINTERS TAPE! Don't leave residue and doesn't bleed.
Angel K.
Angel K.
April 18, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
This is more expensive,I have used both and the blue worked fine and is cheaper,I bought this with a coupon but otherwise the blue tape works fine for me.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
April 14, 2013, 9:07 p.m.
I hate this tape. Didn't stick at all. The blue tape is cheaper and works better by leaps and bounds.
Jenny D.
Jenny D.
April 13, 2013, 9:18 a.m.
I think it is definitely better. I seemed to have cleaner lines and didn't get all over.
Kristina H.
Kristina H.
April 12, 2013, 2:21 p.m.
OMG, yes! Don't cheap out and get that blue tape you will be sorry. I always buy Frogtape because I would rather invest couple more cents in a product that will make my like easier in the long run. If you are a DIYer like me than you are already spending a ton or time and energy trying to best job possible so it looks like a professional did it.
Dayana J.
April 12, 2013, 8:03 a.m.
Yes it hold more better than the blue tape.
Dayana J.
April 12, 2013, 7:57 a.m.
Yes it hold more better than the blue tape.
Alli G.
Alli G.
April 11, 2013, 1:11 p.m.
Yes it is much more effective and it sticks better
Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.
April 8, 2013, 3:15 p.m.
It cost more than the blue painters tape.yes it is better though. it keeps the paint off of where you don't want it well.
Elle W.
Elle W.
April 6, 2013, 6:48 p.m.
It depends on the paint, the wall, the situation. Yes and no- it is more expensive.
Chloe T.
Chloe T.
April 6, 2013, 4:38 p.m.
I would say yes it's better because it stick a little longer than the good ol' blue tape. In my experience, the blue tape tends to unstick and roll at the edges, especially when exposed to any of the elements. I'd use this for those projects when precision is absolutely necessary.
Patricia M.
Patricia M.
April 5, 2013, 4:13 p.m.
A little more expensive but the results are better.
Suzie Q.
Suzie Q.
April 5, 2013, 11:52 a.m.
Absolutely! I didn't think it mattered until I saw for my own eyes. I had pro painters in my house and they showed me and let me experience the difference. Next time I need crisp lines, FrogTape is what I'll buy. I paint a lot myself, and was glad to see this demo.
Mandy B.
Mandy B.
March 29, 2013, 8:10 a.m.
I love the frog tape. I use it for things other than painting though. I use it to tape reminder notes to myself by the door, so it doesn't take the existing paint off. I use it to tape booklets to their product if I want to keep them together. It is a staple around my house.
Ashley F.
Ashley F.
March 27, 2013, 7:46 p.m.
I didn't like it. Paint seeped under it.
Lauren V.
Lauren V.
March 22, 2013, 7:26 a.m.
I think that it is a lot better - I didn't have to touch up anything!
Melissa S.
March 18, 2013, 12:54 p.m.
It's SO much better than the blue painters tape. That stuff would always bleed no matter what I did. Frog tape is like rubber and lets nothing seep underneath.
Shanna S.
Shanna S.
March 15, 2013, 1:33 p.m.
Yes. I use this @ work to hold pictures and stuff up because we are only allowed to use painter's tape. This seems to hold things MUCH better!
Liliana P.
Liliana P.
March 15, 2013, 10:05 a.m.
I think it is... i work at homedepot Paint department, and we try everything out to help out our customers with choosing which product works best.. and frog is better that regular blue tape... plus its a dollar less the the blue.. and if you get a chance to try out the Yellow frog tape that's even better!! :D
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Feb. 27, 2013, 12:55 p.m.
I've never had much luck with any "painter's tape." I learned a trick to actually make the tape do what you need though: get some artist medium and paint this along your tape before painting. This will create a seal not allowing the paint to seap underneath!
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Feb. 25, 2013, 11:36 a.m.
Yes I only buy this now
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Feb. 24, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
I think that this tape locks out bleeding better! i buy this over blue tape
Lauren M.
Lauren M.
Feb. 23, 2013, 7:35 p.m.
Absolutely! Worth the price
Feb. 22, 2013, 5:03 p.m.
Yes!! SOOOO much better. This tape is basically completely fool proof. I love it and use it for all of my projects.
Feb. 22, 2013, 5:03 p.m.
Kate L.
Kate L.
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:23 a.m.
It's definitely better! I paint around our house a lot and the blue tape, I'd have to go over with a wet wash cloth to make sure there was no bleeding. With Frogtape, I've had no bleeding nor have I had to go over the tape. I'll never go back to blue tape again.
Cindy B.
Cindy B.
Feb. 15, 2013, 4:33 a.m.
When we painted we had the blue tape and ran out, a neighbor gave us some FrogTape to use and WOW-so much better than the blue tape. Now all we use is the FrogTape. No more bleeding!!!
Stevie S.
Stevie S.
Feb. 14, 2013, 2:39 p.m.
No, don't waste your money n this, it is the same
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Feb. 12, 2013, 12:41 p.m.
100 times better
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
Feb. 6, 2013, 3:19 p.m.
Yes, I have tried both.... Frog is better
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Feb. 5, 2013, 1:16 p.m.
Absolutely, i have painted two rooms in my house with blue tape and no matter how much i push on the tape to seal it the paint always leaks under. With the green tape on the other hand, when the paint hits it the edge creats a gel seal to keep the paint from leaking under. Used it for stripes in my daughters room and it worked great!!
Ellen M.
Ellen M.
Jan. 30, 2013, 2:39 p.m.
I like it a lot better. I find I get a ton of bleed through with the blue tape. Much crisper line with frogtape!
Kim M.
Kim M.
Jan. 29, 2013, 6:39 p.m.
Yes, I work at a big box home improvement store, and have tried this and the blue painter's tapes, and this performs better. I also get more positive feedback about Frogtape. Plus, it has a useful little box that you can use to store small things like screws or nails once the tape is gone!
Jasmyne F.
Jasmyne F.
Jan. 29, 2013, 8:26 a.m.
I BELIEVE THAT IT IS BETTER AND WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY, THE PROBLEM I WAS HAVING WITH THE "BLUE TAPE" IS THAT NO MATTER WHAT I DID THE PAINT WOULD ALWAYS BLEED THROUGH AND IT WOULD PULL OFF PAINT WHEN I PULLED THE TAPE OFF, WITH FROGTAPE I HAVE NOT HAD THAT PROBLEM!
Jan. 26, 2013, 2:09 p.m.
I definitely like this better. There's no bleeding, and it's sturdy structure lets you paint with confidence.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Jan. 24, 2013, 5:09 p.m.
I do think it's better than the blue tape. I'm not sure it's necessarily worth the extra cost, but it give cleaner lines.
Melissa S.
Jan. 22, 2013, 10:12 a.m.
I think it is better. I don't find it significantly better when it comes to paint bleeding but it pulls off a lot better. I hate fixing the bleeds and using. Razor to get the tape that tore off the wall so I would pay the extra for the frog tape.
Jan. 21, 2013, 4:33 a.m.
Yes - locks out bleeding, and I found it easier to apply without stretching it too much. A wider width is great for trim work. Also, I found I could leave it up longer than blue tape and it would still stick but not pull paint off the walls.
Sarah L.
Sarah L.
Jan. 20, 2013, 5:07 a.m.
To be completely honest, it's not the tape, it's how you paint. If you paint your base color over the tape before you paint the color you want, it won't bleed. For example, if you're painting the wall blue and don't want to paint the trim, tape off the trim but paint the area exposed where the trim meets the wall THE TRIM COLOR. Then, let it dry and paint the blue wall OVER the trim color. The base color will "seap" into the tape and leave a clean, straight line once you paint the wall color over it and then peel off the tape.
Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.
Jan. 20, 2013, 2:11 a.m.
Yes, I even did a compare/contrast test for my DIY blog and frog tape had much cleaner/ crisper lines.
Influenster M.
Jan. 15, 2013, 10:40 a.m.
Absolutely!
Maria G.
Maria G.
Jan. 12, 2013, 5:36 a.m.
I think its a lot better. it gives sharp clean lines
Lisa N.
Lisa N.
Jan. 10, 2013, 8:11 p.m.
Yes it is better than blue tape. comes off easier and in one piece.
Jojo B.
Jojo B.
Jan. 9, 2013, 9:05 a.m.
It is better than the blue tape because that has left edges squiggly since the paint can seep through hence not leaving the edge perfectly straight. I'd rather pay a little more and have my interior walls painted perfectly than being cheap and looking cheap!
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Jan. 8, 2013, 5:57 a.m.
Yes but it is my expensive than the blue painter's tape so it is one of those things you get what you pay for, but the blue tape works great as long as you take the time to seal it good.
Chantal H.
Chantal H.
Jan. 5, 2013, 9:50 a.m.
Yes i do, worked great on trim and all walls types without stripping.
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
Jan. 5, 2013, 6:43 a.m.
I think it works a little better than the blue tape.
Crystal E.
Crystal E.
Jan. 4, 2013, 8:07 a.m.
I find that this tape worked just the same as normal painters tape. No difference in quality, just all hype to raise the price on their product
Erica B.
Erica B.
Jan. 3, 2013, 3:45 p.m.
Absolutely! I've had bad luck with my paint seeping through the blue tape. This Frog Tape has a much better overall effect!
Katherine W.
Katherine W.
Jan. 3, 2013, 10:12 a.m.
100 times better, worth the price!
Kristine P.
Kristine P.
Dec. 30, 2012, 2:23 p.m.
Yes! It doesn't bleed over the edges as much.
abisola A.
abisola A.
Dec. 27, 2012, 6:53 p.m.
Love This one waaaaaaay more stay put and doesn't allow bleed through
Dec. 27, 2012, 3:18 p.m.
I recently painted stripes on a box and I had both the blue painters tape and the frog tape on hand so I am sure when I tell you that the frog tape is better. The reason why? The frog tape comes off better and seals out the paint from bleeding through on the edges way better than the blue does. If you were going to spray paint then they probably would work the same, but if you are using a brush and wet paint then the frog tape is better for real.
Kortney M.
Kortney M.
Dec. 27, 2012, 1:40 p.m.
Yes!! I think its better
Aislinn T.
Aislinn T.
Dec. 27, 2012, 12:50 p.m.
Hands down yes. it doesn't pull and it's great for creating designs with your paintwork on walls and floors.
Jamie T.
Jamie T.
Dec. 23, 2012, 1:44 p.m.
I really like this tape, i think it is better
Michelle W.
Michelle W.
Dec. 23, 2012, 9:13 a.m.
I definitely like it better.
Shabeba I.
Shabeba I.
Dec. 22, 2012, 9:53 a.m.
Its definitely better.
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Dec. 22, 2012, 6:05 a.m.
I don't think it is worth extra money. Yes it works but I think it works just as good as the original blue tape.

Join Now