Sarah H.
Brookville, IN
I love Fritos corn chips and when I spotted a bag of Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips in the chips section of my local grocery store, I was thrilled. I decided to purchase this lightly salted snack, try it out and write an unbiased product review all about my personal experience. Here is what I discovered!

Now, many of us do need to cut down on our sodium or salt intake, that fact is very true. I do love salty snacks and Fritos are one of my very favorites. Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips are a welcome snack discovery for me. One bag costs around three dollars. Each bag has nine servings in it. That is a decent snack deal for a name brand of chips, especially one that is lower in sodium. I could not wait taste these!

Regular Fritos corn chips have 160 mg’s of sodium in them per serving. Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips have only 80 mg’s of sodium per serving. They are also pretty low in saturated fat, which is a nice plus about this product. These are also cholesterol free and that fact is great! This snack is made with all natural oil. That is fabulous. I am a big Fritos fan, I use these corn chips in many home made recipes, like chili and dips, not to mention as a side dish for many Mexican style themed meals. I wondered if the low salt version of this snack would be as tasty as regular Fritos.

When I tasted Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips, I loved them. It was immediately obvious that these were much less salty than regular Fritos. They are lighter and not quite as greasy, also. The taste is fantastic and I was impressed. Now, I will be honest and say that the regular Fritos do taste better, however, they are quite salty, I had to admit. These are delightful and Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips exceeded my expectations. They worked well with my recipes and dips. Less salt is good and this lightly salted snack is a winner, in my opinion. I rate these five stars out of five stars. For a low sodium snack, they are delicious. They still have the famous Frito corn chip crunch and full flavor. Yes, salt lovers will notice a difference but, it is a good change. Eating these do not make me thirsty like regular Fritos often do. I will be buying this snack again.

One serving of Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips have 160 calories. 90 of those calories come from fat. They have 10 grams of total fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, 5 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 3 grams of monounsaturated fat, 0 mg’s of cholesterol, woo hoo, 80 mg’s of sodium, 16 grams of total fat, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 0 grams of sugars and 2 grams of protein. Ingredients are whole corn, corn oil and salt.