Fritos® Lightly Salted Corn Chips uploaded by kuku k.Fritos® Lightly Salted Corn Chips uploaded by Diana B.

BY FRITOS #26 in Chips

The popularity of FRITOS corn chips puts this iconic snack in a class of its own. From small towns and family barbecues to parties in the big city, this classic snack is still satisfying fans after more than 80 years.

• Will they come up with no salt one ? 4 Answers
  • Where can you buy these!? I have NEVER seen this option a...2 Answers
  • Does anyone have a good dip recipe for fritos?1 Answers
Buy on Target
Sandy R.
Knoxville, TN
These have much the same flavor as the original chips, but with less salt. While it might be a healthier way to eat corn chips, for me at least, I prefer the salty goodness of the original. I believe that these would be better when paired with chili or other things with strong flavors. When eaten in this way I don’t think the extra salt would be missed.
Deborah W.
Exeter
There are occasions when only Fritos will do and at those times, I use Fritos Lightly Salted. In my case, I would recommend the lightly salted over the original. I have a sensitive stomach and these allow me to eat Fritos without (ahem) repercussions. They are seemingly less greasy and to me have more taste than just the salty flavor of the original.
Desiree W.
Spokane, WA
My favorite salty snack! I literally can’t handle the amount of salt on pre-made Snacks lately so it was really nice to find these. They truly have the PERFECT amount of seasoning for me. I can eat way too many of these!! Repeat buyer for sure!
ai B.
San Antonio , TX
these are my favorite and i love eating them with the bean dip they sell. it’s not too salty and it’s still got a good taste. i love this and i love to snack on them when i’m just watching tv or at work
Andria L.
I grew up with Fritos always around so trust me when I say they are a delicious chip. They are so crunchy and have a great corn chip flavor but so much thicker. However, original ones tend to be on the salty side. When I saw these with less salt I had to try them. They are the same amazing think crunchy corn chip without the overpowering saltiness. They are the perfect balance of salt and chip. I highly recommend this to everyone, especially those who thought the original Fritos were a bit too salty.
Sarah H.
Brookville, IN
I love Fritos corn chips and when I spotted a bag of Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips in the chips section of my local grocery store, I was thrilled. I decided to purchase this lightly salted snack, try it out and write an unbiased product review all about my personal experience. Here is what I discovered!

Now, many of us do need to cut down on our sodium or salt intake, that fact is very true. I do love salty snacks and Fritos are one of my very favorites. Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips are a welcome snack discovery for me. One bag costs around three dollars. Each bag has nine servings in it. That is a decent snack deal for a name brand of chips, especially one that is lower in sodium. I could not wait taste these!

Regular Fritos corn chips have 160 mg’s of sodium in them per serving. Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips have only 80 mg’s of sodium per serving. They are also pretty low in saturated fat, which is a nice plus about this product. These are also cholesterol free and that fact is great! This snack is made with all natural oil. That is fabulous. I am a big Fritos fan, I use these corn chips in many home made recipes, like chili and dips, not to mention as a side dish for many Mexican style themed meals. I wondered if the low salt version of this snack would be as tasty as regular Fritos.

When I tasted Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips, I loved them. It was immediately obvious that these were much less salty than regular Fritos. They are lighter and not quite as greasy, also. The taste is fantastic and I was impressed. Now, I will be honest and say that the regular Fritos do taste better, however, they are quite salty, I had to admit. These are delightful and Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips exceeded my expectations. They worked well with my recipes and dips. Less salt is good and this lightly salted snack is a winner, in my opinion. I rate these five stars out of five stars. For a low sodium snack, they are delicious. They still have the famous Frito corn chip crunch and full flavor. Yes, salt lovers will notice a difference but, it is a good change. Eating these do not make me thirsty like regular Fritos often do. I will be buying this snack again.

One serving of Fritos Lightly Salted Corn Chips have 160 calories. 90 of those calories come from fat. They have 10 grams of total fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, 5 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 3 grams of monounsaturated fat, 0 mg’s of cholesterol, woo hoo, 80 mg’s of sodium, 16 grams of total fat, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 0 grams of sugars and 2 grams of protein. Ingredients are whole corn, corn oil and salt.
Brian S.
San Diego, CA
Pretty dang good!
My wife hates salty chips and fries, and I thought I wouldn't be able to stand non-salty chips. These still taste pretty great without the salt, especially since we usually dip them in something awesome anyhoo, lol. But seriously, don't let the "lightly salted" title steer you away, pop em in your mouth, it'll thank you!
Kaitlyn G.
Montgomery, AL
Super easy snack that is delicious and filling! It is usually my mid day/ after lunch snack. It is so good and one serving is more than enough for me to eat! Super affordable and would highly recommend!
Krista L.
Millbrook, NY
Love these classic Fritos! They are salty and crunchy and sturdy. They pair well with dips, because they are think and don't break easily- even thick dips like bean dip or spinach artichoke dip. I also like to use them fo make tacos on the go (use a small personal bag or just put a hand full of Fritos in a plastic sand which bag. Then add taco meat, shredded cheese and your favorite toppings- Tacos to go!)
Lindsay W.
These chips make a great snack or topping! I like them on chili, baked potatoes, I've even put them on a salad before. This version is good for when you want to eat something bad, but still be mostly good. Haha! Helps cravings too, great little dippers!
Cecilia S.
Will they come up with no salt one ?
Sarah R.
Buffalo, NY
Where can you buy these!? I have NEVER seen this option at any of my area grocery stores OR convenience stores/drug stores!
Tanya D.
Brockton, MA
Does anyone have a good dip recipe for fritos?