BY FRINGE

Fringe
  • "I do have to admit, the last season was a little much for me and i didn't appreciate the ending..i do miss watching this great show though.. " in 10 reviews
  • "However, as the show came towards the end and it switched to multiple universes it became extremely difficult to follow the story line because it was too convoluted." in 9 reviews
  • "have been in love with this show from the beginning...got a bit strange at the end but it was the last season so makes sense for fringe!" in 9 reviews
  • "I initially started watching this show when it first aired on Fox, but after missing a couple episodes, it became hard to follow." in 6 reviews
  • "It had a lot of science fiction but somehow they seemed to always work it into physics and other natural science categories to make it not so far fetched." in 6 reviews
Kaitlin D.
Boston
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The reason I started watching this show was because I love Joshua Jackson and I’ll watch anything that he’s in. But I was surprised at how much I loved it and it’s since given me an interest in some science things! The show follows all these crazy fringe science plots and it’s really interesting to see how they play out. You never know what’s going to happen. I loved the show so much I went out and bought it on DVD!
Scott T.
Ferndale, MI
What can I say about Fringe? It's amazing, and I wish it wasn't ending. The plot almost always keeps you guessing, and I still to this day LOVE how FOX incorporated the observers into pop culture by having them appear randomly on other shows in their line-up (American Idol, etc.). And the season finales, always leave me on the edge of my seat because your stuck saying "WHAT JUST HAPPENED!" for 3 months. Besides that, there is enough blend of science fiction, drama, and humor to make anyone love the characters and stories here.

Joshua Jackson.. Remember him from those Duck movies and Dawson's Creek? Yeah, he has come a long way, and from this show alone he has turned into one hell of an actor. Love his character and enthusiasm to give it his all on this show.

John Noble, what an amazing actor. His ability to work in whatever is currently occuring in Walter's brain into his character and acting is top notch. And those Walter-isms? Hilarious.

All the other actors and their characters are top notch as well. Before I make this review too long, I will put it like this:

Watch this show on TV before you no longer can. It's a shame it's coming to an end, but it was an amazing ride. Seasons 1-3 blew me away, 4 was upsetting at times, and 5 is a very interesting new spin on where this series ended up. WATCH IT NOW!
Heather F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I loved this show until they got in the alternate universe and there were two of each of them. I stopped watching st that point. Was very disappointed Bc I loved it up until then!
JustLookAtTheFlowers !.
Tallahassee, Fl
After Lost ended, I was excited about a new JJ Abrams show. Let me start by saying Fringe is no Lost. The tone is completely different for starters. Actually, I was a little turned off by it at first, because I didn't feel anything for any of the characters. That is, until around the end of season 1 when some big reveals came. At that point, I was completely hooked. Fringe turned out to be one of the most rewarding viewing experiences. I love how it challenged viewers to wonder. I also enjoyed the characters' emotional journey. While every episode was not perfect, the mythology-focused episodes are some of the best in the genre. If you like smart science fiction, you've got to watch Fringe. Be patient, as your patience will be rewarded!
Ashley L.
Quinlan, TX
Honestly, I started watching this show because of my life for Pacey ;) but I ended up really liking the show! I was in love with the first few seasons... it lost me a little bit in the last couple though. I stuck with it though and reached the end and I'm really glad I did because the actual end of the show made up for anything I didn't like about the show. Series Finales are usually disappointing but sometimes (this series included) they are awesome sauce! also on a side not I am NOT a sci-fi fan and I still liked this show!
Shandi A.
Lyndhurst
When my fiance bought the first season of this show I never thought I would like it. It didn't seem like my kind of show. But I sat and watched one episode and was hooked. It would be me telling him "we are watching one more before we go to bed." And then we would be up until 3am. The cast is very very likeable and its very good writing. You do have to be a little smart to understand the things they are talking about. I'm an engineering student and some of the things they were doing and talking about went over my head.
Rebekah L.
New York , NY
Fringe is fantastic show for the sci-fi lovers out there. It has a great combination of comedy, science and fantasy. All of the characters are well-developed, the on-going season plot does a great job of drawing you in while the individual plot episodes are filled with all sorts of interesting scenarios. If you are a fan of JJ Abrams I would definitely check this out.
Sarah E.
I wish more people would've taken a liking to this show. It's done so well and you really have to think. It's not mindless TV that you can turn off your brain and lose an hour of your day. You have to think and interact with the storyline. The cast is extraordinary. I adore John Noble - one of the best actors out there and totally underappreciated. His work in Fringe is unparalleled to any TV show actor I've ever seen. I've cried so many times this season. Going to miss it for sure!
Monica O.
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I didn't think I would like this series, tried to watch it when it first came out and couldn't get into it. Fiancé asked me to try again several years later when it was on Netflix and I'm so glad he did. Yes, there is some suspension of reality that has to happen but the show is very clever. I was laughing at all the science jokes - too hysterical and the oddity of the professor is a little to close to true. I truly enjoyed this series, wish it had lasted longer.
Samantha J.
Spokane, WA
One of the most original series I've watched..and i watch a lot of netflix!! I loved all of the plot lines and how you had NO idea what crazy thing was going to happen next. I do have to admit, the last season was a little much for me and i didn't appreciate the ending..i do miss watching this great show though..
Claudia H.
Lakewood, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who is your favorite character?
Megan B.
Seal Cove, ME
Favorite Character?
Katrina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Favorite walter moment?
Kassandra V.
Hialeah, FL
I think Astrid is super underrated! Does anyone else agree?
Liz M.