BY FRESH #41 in Face Masks

Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask is a multi-functional treatment for normal to oily skin. This instant purifying mask can also be used as a daily deep cleanser or to minimize small imperfections. It is proven to significantly reduce the appearance of pores and mattify the skin without drying out the complexion.

Key Ingredients:

• Umbrian Clay, Fresh’s proprietary ingredient, has a high-mineral content that works to help balance, purify, and clarify the complexion.
  • Sandalwood oil is known for its astringent properties and helps to calm the skin.
  • Chamomile flower and lavender water are notable for their soothing properties.

How To Use:

To use as a mask, leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse. To minimize small imperfections, dab on affected area, allow to fully dry, and rinse. To use as a deep cleanser, apply a small amount to damp skin and rinse.

fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask
  • "This is a complete game changer. I've used so many masks, and this one changed my life. I had a skin tag under my eye for about a year, and after two uses it was gone. My skin feels rejuvenated and moisturized every time I use this mask. I have very sensitive skin, and this was perfect for it. I've tried so many masks, and nothing compares to this one. While it's super expensive, its worth every penny and the product lasts for months! " in 40 reviews
Stacy D.
Overall I enjoy using this mask and see great results.  Due to having sensitive, dry skin I do have to be careful with how I use this mask.  It's a fairly thick consistency and I find a little goes a long way.  I like the green color, it makes me feel like I'm getting an earthy spa treatment.  Speaking of earthy, it does have that earthy herbal scent, to me it's similar to the Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip cleanser.  I don't find it unpleasant.  It's got great slip and glides onto my skin.  I find it's easy and quick to apply.  I don't get too heavy handed with this one.   Due to the color you can clearly see where you still need to apply.  I leave on until most of the mask has dried, this typically takes no more than 10 minutes.  By then, the mask is starting to crack and doesn't feel or look wet anymore.  No matter if it's all dried or not, I wash off at 10 minutes.  No more!  I like to get a washcloth soaked in hot water and lay over my face to steam for a few minutes.  Then I gently massage off with the cloth.  I rinse with lukewarm water.  Let me tell you, there are zero pores left.  Blackheads can be scrapped off with a fingernail.  It sucks out everything, leaving my skin tightened and so smooth.  But, if I don't watch the time or let it dry up too much it will completely suck out every drop of moisture.  It will leave my skin so dried out and crusty that it takes at least a week to recover.  That said - I also like this little gem for those underground, throbbing zits that haven't come up yet but hurt soooo bad.  I put a nice glob of this all over the zit before bed.  I do leave it on all night and let it work its magic.  Typically by morning when I rinse it off it's dried up that zit and it hurts much less.  Other than drying out my skin from user error, this is one of my favorite masks.
Ysabelle G.
Los Angeles
I really appreciate how multi-functional this particular product is. You can use it as a mask, deep cleanser or minimize small imperfections. Unlike the other clay masks I’ve tried, umbrian clay is the only type that doesn’t completely dry out the skin! It’s got a high mineral content that works to help balance, purify and clarify the complexion. Some of the other ingredients are sandalwood oil which helps calm the skin and chamomile flower and lavender water that have amazing soothing properties.--When I first opened the product, the first thing I noticed about it was the colour. It’s very green vs grey, it also is very thick and smelled very earthy. It comes with a spoon, which is awesome because applying it with your fingertips can get a little messy. Once I’ve plopped a few dollops of the mask on my face, I use one of those flat makeup brushes and use it to help evenly apply it across my face. Leave it on for 5 minutes, another pro because you don’t have to leave it on for more than 10 minutes, and rinse it off with warm water. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! After rinsing my face and patting it dry with a towel, it helped with minimizing the redness on my cheeks and say ‘bye’ to small blemishes and ones that were about to show up. No, it doesn’t solve or fix all of my blemishes or ones that are like cystic acne, but it did help. It’s definitely not a long term solution, but like I said, it helps with overall redness and decreasing the size of it.
Vibingwith K.
Prairieville, LA
This product came in the Mini Mask Bar by The Sephora Beauty Insider 500 points reward. One of the best Clay Mask I have used thus far, I love how smooth it goes on, there’s no burning , the product hardens in a reasonable time. This product makes your face feel brand new super soft and removes anyblackhead or dirt that you may have. I have really big pores around my nose and before I used this product. My nose was stopped up and runny after I used it I felt a lightness . My mistral areas were clean and my face smooth and soft . I definitely recommend this fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask and also give it 5 stars.
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
During the holidays I saw this package of mask samples at Macy's for a great discount, there were a few that I had always wanted to try in it, including this one. When I tried it out I enjoyed the scent first, and it went on smoothly when I used a brush to put it on. The mask dried nicely and removed easily with a warm cloth. Afterwards my face felt very soft and smooth, it looked much clearer than it was before the mask as well. I was impressed by how much I liked it and it kept my oily skin under control for a couple of days too! I only wish that the samples were a bit larger so that I could use it more than once to really test it out and see if it would break me out of anything. Other than that I highly recommend it!
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
This has helped me with stubborn hormonal acne. When I see no improvements with retin A or other topical meds, I use this and while it doesn’t totally clear the blemishes right away, it certainly speeds the process, plus it feels soo clean!

I mostly use this as a mask, but on days that I have a ton of makeup on, I like to wash my face with a cleanser first, then put this on for like a minute or two and rinse. After, my fave feels very clean, no tightness, no dryness.
When I use as a mask I leave on for like 30 mins to an hour.

As a mask, this gets really tight if left on for a long time, just a heads up! But, you could see it in action, cleaning!

Highly recommend for deep cleans, and it’s gentle enough to use several times a week!
Samantha T.
Glendale, AZ
once again i am NOT disappointed by this brand. i love their stuff. this one was something new for me to try. and i love it. i probably use it 2x a week ask i tough my face allot and wear make up almost every day. so i need that deep clean. i love the feel of it when it starts to dry and tightens on my skin. i love the colour as well. its new and not something i see all the time. especially lately. now the after affect is life. i love how smooth, fresh, and young my face look after cleaning it off. if you haven't tried it you gotta try it.
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
I love Fresh face masks and this one is no exception. Like most Fresh masks, you only need to keep it on the face for 5 mins, which is great to everyone who is in the rush. This is a thinner (but not runny) clay mask and I use Erborian Precision Mask Applicator to apply it on my skin. Depending on how long you keep it on the mask either dries down or doesn’t, but it is easy to rinse it off in both cases.
Lexey D.
Fort Wayne
I would use this product about once or twice a week in the shower after doing a soft granular exfoliate, and it would make my skin tingle in a very invigorating way (I love when this happens bc it makes me feel like it's really working). My skin always feels very clean and refreshed after using this product. I will say though that I don't really have problem skin, so while it probably was deep cleaning I didn't notice a huge difference in the way my skin looked, only because I don't really get blemishes anyway. I did notice it helped with blackheads around my nose though!
Vanessa C.
west warwick, ri
Love this mask! This mask is pricey so I only use when my skin is in dyer need. It dries quickly and I find myself needing to use more product (a little does not go a long way) to be satisfied with the results. It is great at unclogging pores and evening out my skin tone. At the costly price it is nothing special. I like the mask besides the price and that is why I’m giving it four stars. If it was more affordable and if I noticed a large difference between this and my cheaper masks I would give it 5 stars.
Karen T.
Woodside, NY
I’m a Sephora Rouge member and recently got the Fresh mask kit from the Sephora rewards market place. I’ve tried two of the three masks and have been thoroughly impressed. The clay mask leaves your skin feeling both clean and firm without having to leave it in your skin for an indefinite amount of time. This mask can also be used as a cleanser if you’d rather use it in short bursts. Once I’m done with the sampler, I’ll definitely be purchasing the regular size product.
Rame Y.
Des Plaines, IL
Does it dry out your skin? Any recommendations on how to use
Nicky D.
I have sensitive combination acne prone skin, and I'm a bit hesitant to try because I suffered a major breakout last time I tried a "clay/mud" mask (Glamglow supermud). Does it really help clear acne and maintain sebum levels? I'd love to know how it worked out for you guys! Let me know your thoughts on this product :)
Rachel E.
Does this mask clear up acne caused by oily skin? Also I have super sensitive skin, will it be to potent and cause irritation?
Sarah H.
How often should this mask be used?
Vanessa M.
Would you recommend this for people with blackheads ? Do you think this product could help with that?