BY FRESH #88 in Face Masks

Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask is a multi-functional treatment for normal to oily skin. This instant purifying mask can also be used as a daily deep cleanser or to minimize small imperfections. It is proven to significantly reduce the appearance of pores and mattify the skin without drying out the complexion.

Key Ingredients:

• Umbrian Clay, Fresh’s proprietary ingredient, has a high-mineral content that works to help balance, purify, and clarify the complexion.
  • Sandalwood oil is known for its astringent properties and helps to calm the skin.
  • Chamomile flower and lavender water are notable for their soothing properties.

How To Use:

To use as a mask, leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse. To minimize small imperfections, dab on affected area, allow to fully dry, and rinse. To use as a deep cleanser, apply a small amount to damp skin and rinse.

• Has anyone tried the fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask I’...1 Answers
  • Does it dry out your skin? Any recommendations on how to ...2 Answers
  • Worth the money? This mask has great reviews but it a lit...1 Answers
fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask
  • "This is a complete game changer. I've used so many masks, and this one changed my life. I had a skin tag under my eye for about a year, and after two uses it was gone. My skin feels rejuvenated and moisturized every time I use this mask. I have very sensitive skin, and this was perfect for it. I've tried so many masks, and nothing compares to this one. While it's super expensive, its worth every penny and the product lasts for months! " in 40 reviews
Stacy D.
Overall I enjoy using this mask and see great results.  Due to having sensitive, dry skin I do have to be careful with how I use this mask.  It's a fairly thick consistency and I find a little goes a long way.  I like the green color, it makes me feel like I'm getting an earthy spa treatment.  Speaking of earthy, it does have that earthy herbal scent, to me it's similar to the Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip cleanser.  I don't find it unpleasant.  It's got great slip and glides onto my skin.  I find it's easy and quick to apply.  I don't get too heavy handed with this one.   Due to the color you can clearly see where you still need to apply.  I leave on until most of the mask has dried, this typically takes no more than 10 minutes.  By then, the mask is starting to crack and doesn't feel or look wet anymore.  No matter if it's all dried or not, I wash off at 10 minutes.  No more!  I like to get a washcloth soaked in hot water and lay over my face to steam for a few minutes.  Then I gently massage off with the cloth.  I rinse with lukewarm water.  Let me tell you, there are zero pores left.  Blackheads can be scrapped off with a fingernail.  It sucks out everything, leaving my skin tightened and so smooth.  But, if I don't watch the time or let it dry up too much it will completely suck out every drop of moisture.  It will leave my skin so dried out and crusty that it takes at least a week to recover.  That said - I also like this little gem for those underground, throbbing zits that haven't come up yet but hurt soooo bad.  I put a nice glob of this all over the zit before bed.  I do leave it on all night and let it work its magic.  Typically by morning when I rinse it off it's dried up that zit and it hurts much less.  Other than drying out my skin from user error, this is one of my favorite masks.
Roxanne O.
This fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask is my least favorite of the three I have tried (Rose, lotus and Umbrian clay) BUT it’s still just as GREAT! It’s kind of magical to me. It mattifys without DRYING my skin out!! Having already dry and sensitive skin to begin with; I used this mask last because I was worried about it over drying my skin.

On the contrary, it deep cleaned my skin and made it softer and more supple.. again without overdryjng me. I do enjoy this mask, even though I dislike the texture and feel of it. The clay feeling of the formula isn’t to my liking but my complexion was left balanced out. So I really do enjoy this mask, it works well.

I’d enjoy it as a gift or a sample or in a set, I probably wouldn’t buy it full sized unless it was on sale or something since it’s not my first choice, but it’s still GREAT. I don’t buy anything full sized (on sale or not) if I don’t truly enjoy it.
Dominique H.
Virginia Beach, Va
The mask claims to significantly reduce the appearance of pores and mattify without drying out skin, revealing a balanced, healthy-looking complexion.My skin got very oily the other day and this helped get it under control! The scent is pleasant and it dried fast! Like 10mins! It washed off easy with warm water and left my skin feeling soft! I didn’t notice a difference in my pores and my complexion looked the same as well. This will def come in handy with the weather getting hotter and my oiliness taking over! fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask
Ysabelle G.
Los Angeles
I really appreciate how multi-functional this particular product is. You can use it as a mask, deep cleanser or minimize small imperfections. Unlike the other clay masks I’ve tried, umbrian clay is the only type that doesn’t completely dry out the skin! It’s got a high mineral content that works to help balance, purify and clarify the complexion. Some of the other ingredients are sandalwood oil which helps calm the skin and chamomile flower and lavender water that have amazing soothing properties.--When I first opened the product, the first thing I noticed about it was the colour. It’s very green vs grey, it also is very thick and smelled very earthy. It comes with a spoon, which is awesome because applying it with your fingertips can get a little messy. Once I’ve plopped a few dollops of the mask on my face, I use one of those flat makeup brushes and use it to help evenly apply it across my face. Leave it on for 5 minutes, another pro because you don’t have to leave it on for more than 10 minutes, and rinse it off with warm water. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! After rinsing my face and patting it dry with a towel, it helped with minimizing the redness on my cheeks and say ‘bye’ to small blemishes and ones that were about to show up. No, it doesn’t solve or fix all of my blemishes or ones that are like cystic acne, but it did help. It’s definitely not a long term solution, but like I said, it helps with overall redness and decreasing the size of it.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
This has helped me with stubborn hormonal acne. When I see no improvements with retin A or other topical meds, I use this and while it doesn’t totally clear the blemishes right away, it certainly speeds the process, plus it feels soo clean!

I mostly use this as a mask, but on days that I have a ton of makeup on, I like to wash my face with a cleanser first, then put this on for like a minute or two and rinse. After, my fave feels very clean, no tightness, no dryness.
When I use as a mask I leave on for like 30 mins to an hour.

As a mask, this gets really tight if left on for a long time, just a heads up! But, you could see it in action, cleaning!

Highly recommend for deep cleans, and it’s gentle enough to use several times a week!
Samantha T.
Glendale, AZ
once again i am NOT disappointed by this brand. i love their stuff. this one was something new for me to try. and i love it. i probably use it 2x a week ask i tough my face allot and wear make up almost every day. so i need that deep clean. i love the feel of it when it starts to dry and tightens on my skin. i love the colour as well. its new and not something i see all the time. especially lately. now the after affect is life. i love how smooth, fresh, and young my face look after cleaning it off. if you haven't tried it you gotta try it.
Emily S.
Chicago
I love this product, but it broke me out. I was looking forward to using this mask hoping it would help control my combination skin, but the next morning I broke out pretty bad. The only nice thing was that my skin was pretty mattified, usually I wake up with super oily skin, but this time it was smooth and mattified despite the pimples I got all over my cheeks. I have to give it another chance, if I get another sample. It must be one of those masks where it cleans your face before you see results. So it probably pulled out impurities from my checks. My breakout lasted two days.
Lexey D.
Fort Wayne
I would use this product about once or twice a week in the shower after doing a soft granular exfoliate, and it would make my skin tingle in a very invigorating way (I love when this happens bc it makes me feel like it's really working). My skin always feels very clean and refreshed after using this product. I will say though that I don't really have problem skin, so while it probably was deep cleaning I didn't notice a huge difference in the way my skin looked, only because I don't really get blemishes anyway. I did notice it helped with blackheads around my nose though!
Jenn H.
Allen, TX
This is the best clay mask I have ever used!  I bought one recently on Amazon that I thought would be good but it ended up being a little too creamy moisturizing.  This one is the right consistency, creamy but also drying.  I left on for about 15 minutes and I rinsed off to very soft skin.  The pores on my nose were dramatically smaller.  I got this in the smaller size, last one they had left at Sephora to give it a try.  The hype is deserved, I highly recommend this wonderful product!
Ella P.
San Francisco
Pretty typical charcoal mask. One piece of advice from makeup pros: DON'T LET THE MASK DRY! That's when it overdries your skin. Instead, keep it on until the mask JUST starts to dry, then rinse of thoroughly and put on a light moisturizer. Your skin won't feel the need to overcompensate that way. Remember, that tight feeling is NOT a good thing!
Rame Y.
Des Plaines, IL
Does it dry out your skin? Any recommendations on how to use
Nicky D.
I have sensitive combination acne prone skin, and I'm a bit hesitant to try because I suffered a major breakout last time I tried a "clay/mud" mask (Glamglow supermud). Does it really help clear acne and maintain sebum levels? I'd love to know how it worked out for you guys! Let me know your thoughts on this product :)
Rachel E.
Does this mask clear up acne caused by oily skin? Also I have super sensitive skin, will it be to potent and cause irritation?
Sarah H.
How often should this mask be used?
Vanessa M.
Would you recommend this for people with blackheads ? Do you think this product could help with that?