Fresh® Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY FRESH #58 in Lip Care

Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 moisturizes, protects, and smoothes the lips with an exclusive blend of moisture-preserving sugar, nourishing precious oils, antioxidant-rich polyphenols, and essential SPF protection while leaving a lovely tint. It is proven to provide 6 hours of significant moisture for soft, supple lips. The unique formula offers buildable coverage to customize a sheer or rich hue and is the perfect partner to the best-selling Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15.

• Are these worth $24? They look awesome! But I'd like some pigment!2 Answers
  • Será que dá pra traduzir pro português ???1 Answers
  • Does it stay like a tint on lips during the day?5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Racheal K.
Review for: NUDE
To start of I would give it a 4 1/2.
The packaging of this product is really nice. It isn't a pop off cap, instead it screws at the bottom reassuring that it won't come loose in my purse

The overall product is rather nice. I've been dealing with a long struggle of dry/chapped/sunburn lips especially in the summer. No matter the moisturizer/cleanser I use I can't seem to get the dead skin away and have my lips looking healthy.
I really have been enjoying this product and the moisturization it gives my lips. The colors have a nice tint to them so you can choose a more pinky or nude.
It isn't actually "sugary" the texture of this is rich and creamy but got me I think it was worth the investment.

Cons: Don't keep in hot areas for long. Since it is rich, creamy and filled with nutrients it acts more like a lip gloss for a while until your lip absorbs all the nutrients(so I wouldn't consider this your average Chapstick)
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
I love this lip balm/chapstick though it can be pretty pricy to purchase alone. I have received multiple in Sephora kits so I have accumulated multiple in the past year. I can attest that there truly isn't another lip balm that is as moisturizing as Fresh Sugar lip treatments but I noticed that the product runs out WAY faster than any other chapstick I have used. The reason being is that the product is a lot softer, thus obviously providing more hydration because you're applying more on your lips, so it also runs out a lot quicker than a more firm chapstick like Burt's Bees.

The tint in the product is actually pretty pigmented so you will definitely see the color on your lips after applying. I prefer the clear one because I like to apply a lipstick on top but that's just my own preference. Overall, great product but I'm not sure it's worth the full price since they tend to run out quickly.
Amanda M.
Review for: RUBY
Why I love this stuff:
-Nice heavy packaging with a screw-on lid which means no goopy mess in my purse once June rolls around!

-The scent is really nice. It's like a citrusy, almost sugary smell, but there's none of that lingering chemically scent that lower-quality lip products have. Honestly, it smells like Fruit Loops to me.

-The color payoff is just what I would expect from a tinted balm. It's not lipstick, people! It's supposed to give your lips a light wash of color. I also appreciate that the texture isn't super sticky (it glides on like a dream) and you don't develop that weird inner ring of wax on your lips.

-The shade is beautiful, like my own lips but better!

Yes, it's pricy, but you're not going through it like toilet paper! A full size tube will last me 6 months easily, probably closer to 9. It's definitely a little luxury, but one that's worth it.
Nikki W.
Waipahu, HI
Review for: RUBY
BEWARE for those with sensitive lips! I really wanted to love this product because it receives great reviews and I really love the Fresh brand.. however, I have lips that are sensitive to most lip products. It's awful because I waste so much money buying cute lip balms and lipsticks then having adverse reactions after I try them! So, if you've ever had a bad reaction to a lip product, please avoid this... It stung so bad...

Four stars because I gave it to my sister and she thought it was fine. She said it worked just as well as any lip balm. She doesn't care about sun protection at all (sigh!) but I thought that was a definite plus. I live in Hawaii so I don't know how effective SPF 15 is, but it's better than nothing. Also, I love the slight tint to this - so pretty! Recommended, as long as you've never experienced sensitivity to other lip products.
Christine N.
No matter what I put my lips through in terms of matte lipstick, the brutal windy winter weather, and falling asleep forgetting to moisturize my lips, I put this on in the morning on no lipstick days on my visibly chapped lips and they are immediately hydrated, supple, smoothed and smell delicious to boot (like real sugar). I have this in the nude and rose tints and like them equally both. I also appreciate the spf 15 for day in these but the intensely moisturizing and consistency of these is best for fall/winter as opposed to spring/summer. Like I wouldn't apply this and kiss someone as it would get all over them (not as bad as Vaseline or Kiehl's #1, both of which I cannot stand for their consistency), but this is not a light lip balm in the least. But this is a real relief during the winters especially.
Brittany E.
Moreno Valley, CA
Review for: Fresh Sugar Lip Small Wonders
Absolutely wonderful.
It was my first time using a fresh sugar lip product. I've only started using these for s few days after I purchased them with the Sephora VIB sale, but I already love them. I like that you get a little bit of everything in this package. The lip scrub exfoliates so well and has helped so much as my lips have been soooo dry and cracked lately. It does a great job removing the dead skin. Plus the sugar lip moisturizers are so pleasant. They smell wonderful and feel wonderful on the lips. They've helped bring back moisture to my lips. I use the regular one alone or under another lip product as well as at night so it can moisturize while I am sleeping. I was also pleasantly surprised by how pigmented the sugar poppy lip moisturizer is!
Loove, also would make a nice gift.
Angela L.
Saint Louis, MO
I got this in the Sephora Sun Safety Kit and was not immediately impressed. The product is so soft, it’s almost unusable - if I accidentally extend it beyond the lip of the tube at all, it ends up smushed when I try to use it. That’s in an air-conditioned room; I can only imagine what the texture would be like after putting it in a pocket or walking around with it in my purse on a hot day. I’ve been using this at home so I can wash my hands then use a finger to swipe off a bit and apply. It does smell nice and works very well as a moisturizer (sinks in easily even when your lips are quite dry), but for a lip SPF product I want something that will hold together a bit better in the heat and can be easily applied on-the-go. To me, it's not quite worth the price and effort.
Jennifer W.
Review for: ROSE
I will probably never go back to a drugstore the bomb ever again. I have been chap stick junkie for years. How I've never heard of this brand I don't know! I got a deluxe size of this in the summer favorites kit at Sephora. I absolutely love it. It goes on so smooth and last on the lips for a really long time, like the shine you get with regular Chapstick usually goes away in about an hour because it's absorbed into your lips. This the shines days around for much longer, the slight pink color isn't super noticeable, just a touch of pink. My lips feels so nice and soft after using this. Hey totally planned to buy the full-size but the one that has SPF so I can wear it during the day. For now I've been wearing this one just while home and right before bed.
Tee Y.
Review for: Fresh
I love the chapsticks from fresh! I own the sugar rose one and the advanced lip therapy chopstick. They both go on so smooth and buttery! And it seals in all the moisture that we don't ever have to worry about chapped lips! The rose one is tinted and imparts a nice rosy colour on the lips and they come in different other varieties too I don't see why it wouldn't work for all skin tones!
However I believe that these are to be used alone and doesn't work that much under lipstick (liquid lipsticks were fine) - only because it reduces the lasting time. But that isn't a big con for me because it does such! An amazing job moisturing my lips!
They are pricey but I do think it's worth it because it lasts a while and does such an amazing job protecting the lips!
Kris D.
Pittsburgh, PA
Review for: Fresh Sugar On The Go Mini Lip Trio
This set is super cute (great gift) and the Fresh lip treatment is nicely hydrating. Some lip balms just kind of sit on the surface and feel waxy, but Fresh actually sinks in and feels like it is adding moisture. I also like that it has SPF - I forget to put sun protection on my lips if it isn't built in to a product I'm using anyway, like lip balm.

I also like the packaging - the kit is cute, and in general I prefer stick lip balms because you can use them on the go - no sticking dirty fingers into a pot.

The colors can be a bit hit or miss - it depends a lot on your coloring and how pigmented your lips are and your personal preferences. I have very pigmented lips so I can use most shades of tinted lip balm because they all blend in anyway.
Abby V.
Worthington , IN
Where can you find this product? Would love to try it.
Titilyo D.
Lewisville, TX
Is this a lipstick and dies it have flavor ?
Brittany T.
Bronx, NY
Is this good to use around winter time ?
Nilda R.
Boonton, NJ
Where can I buy this?!!! How long does the tint last?
Brenna V.
Decatur, TX
Is this product worth the money?