BY FRESH STEP(R) SCOOPABLE CLUMPING EXTREME ODOR CONTROL

• Does it work well on odors?80 Answers
  • How many cats use the same litter box at your house?54 Answers
  • How often do you scoop? How often do you throw everything out?2 Answers
Fresh Step® Scoopable Clumping EXTREME Odor Control
  • "This has been the first time that I've bought this cat litter for my cat, it's way better than Special Kitty, I noticed the litter box doesn't smell bad anymore since I switched to Fresh Step it's worth paying the extra few dollars" in 164 reviews
  • "I can and wont give this product there are not enough stars i have to rescuses and i swear by this litter i keep my litter box in the formal dinning room at my house and i never even get a wiff of poo in my house or urine its amazing and i will never ever ever use a different litter ....they also always have great coupons at all times .... Give it a try u will never regret it that i can say for sure " in 135 reviews
  • "Its your run of the mill cat litter, but it works pretty well on odors (for those of us with super smelly kittys) It clumps well too." in 39 reviews
  • "I have 2 cats and this holds the smell back very well plus the price isn't that bad at all compared to other brands." in 35 reviews
  • "I love this kitty litter it really works well with the odor control and it is very easy to clean if my cat keeps it in the box " in 28 reviews
kristopher P.
China Grove, NC
I BOUGHT THIS CAT LITTER AND TRIED IT. IT REALLY DOES STOP ODORS AND LAST A LONG TIME. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND RECOMMEND IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM, IS THAT IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE. WHEN YOU HAVE 2 CATS TO BUY FOOD, TOYS AND LITTER FOR, IT GETS EXPENSIVE. OTHER THAN THAT, I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO BUY IT.
Whitney H.
Jonesborough, TN
Love this kitty litter. It does a wonderful job controlling the odor. My neighbor came in the other day and said "it doesn't smell like you have a cat in here." If your house smells bad because you have a cat then you need a new litter. My cat has had no problems using this litter. The texture seems to be fine with her. This litter also is a great value. You get a lot for a reasonable price. No complaints from this cat lover.
Lesley C.
Owensboro, KY
Pet Lover Expert
This is my go to brand i use nothing but this brand for my cat, she loves it, rather it be the none scent or the scented one. i love that it clumps the littler together and makes it easy for the littler to be tossed away easily. I recommended this to my aunt and her cats love it two and its a great price.
Christie T.
Pet Lover Expert
This is one of the best cat litter out there its scoopable which makes it easier to scoop the cat boxes it keep the odor down smells good i really like that the peaces of litter or really fine and small doesn't get every where like other ones i have tried the cost is not to bad its worth the extra money to buy this then some cheap litter that doesn't work very well i have 4 cats and you can not tell when you walk in my house because the litter does its job and keeps my home from smell like cat pee its the best cat littler hand down
Heather W.
Pet Lover Expert
I have trouble with heavier kitty litter because I buy so much, it can be very heavy to haul around. This litter scoops easy. It stick to the sides it the cat urinates on the side of the box where the plastic liner has crinkles or folds, but I usually have no problem scooping out volume equal to or exceeding four cups clumped in a single spot. The secret is to make sure the litter is deep enough when you pour it in the box. If the litter is too shallow that is when you will have problems with "mush" I have two cats and now use this exclusivly. Believe me don't skimp on the amount you use and you should have no problems. Just an FYI, I have tried all the lightweight litters, including Tidy cat and Arm and Hammer. Tidy cat light has the mush problem no matter how much you use. This is the best of the lightweights, but you have to use at least one third more, but the clumps are no bigger than usual litter.
Felicia H.
Cincinnati, OH
Pet Lover Expert
This is probably some of the best smelling/odor eliminating cat litter you can find. The pebbles are super tiny and are easy to clump and clean out. It also lasts longer this way. It also seems to be less messy than other litters that I have tried. Will buy again  Fresh Step Extreme Odor Control Scoopable Cat Litter, 38 Pounds
Erin S.
Alpena, MI
Pet Lover Expert
This is the ONLY cat litter that I will use. I have three indoor cats and can't always clean their litter box every day. This cat litter controls smell and doesn't stick to my cat's feet when then come in and out of the litter box. I would highly recommend this litter to other cat owners.
Katie C.
Dallas, TX
Pet Lover Expert
We had an indoor cat about 8 months ago who really, and I mean really, loved his litter box. He was in there at least 3 times a day if for nothing more than just scratching around for fun. We tried 2 different brands of litter and this one was the absolute best at not sticking to his paws and keeping the odor locked in. People that visited our apartment didn't even know we had a cat!
Kari V.
Potosi, MO
Ahhh, now THIS is good kitty litter! I adopted a cat a few weeks ago, and I bought Tidy Cats litter initially. I quickly realized it was doing nothing to control the smell, even with daily cleaning of the litter box! I called up my mom, who has 6 cats indoors, and asked her what she uses, and she recommended this brand of litter. So, I bought a box and gave it a try! When I first bought it I was initially disappointed in the packaging. My favorite thing about Tidy Cats was the large plastic jug it came in, which was a great size and shape for reusing as a water hauling vessel for camping. The Fresh Step comes in a cardboard box, which means it just goes into the trash (we don't have recycling available). Lame. Anyway, when I got it home I immediately dumped the Tidy Cats litter (which was less than a week and a half old and stunk to high heavens!), and dumped in the Fresh Step. It was really, really dusty! I had to cover my mouth and nose with my shirt to avoid breathing in the thick cloud of dust that rose up. Ew. After that, though, it was nothing but love for this litter! It clumps up nicely, and the clumps don't break up easily. I've even gone two days without scooping this one, and more than a week later it still smells like I just changed the litter out! It's crazy how it keeps the smell down! I will absolutely be purchasing this litter from now on, and recommending it to other cat owners. I just wish it came in a better reusable container.
caitlin t.
Charleston, SC
Pet Lover Expert
ive used tons of cat litter and Fresh Step will always one of the best brands, but i do not like the Extreme version. the chemical smell to kill the odor is so overwhelming. i dont like it. i prefer the multi-cat if its going to be a clay Fresh Step. the litter still does what its suppposed to by clumping easily and keeping pee and poop odor down but i just dont like the smell.
Charity P.
Chagrin Falls, OH
Does it work well on odors?
Deborah Ann N.
Cairo, GA
How many cats use the same litter box at your house?
Brittani A.
Stanardsville, VA
Pet Lover Expert
Where is the best place to buy it from
Taylor D.
Baltimore, MD
Is it really Odor Controlled?
Ericka G.