Fresh Step Scoopable Clumping Cat Litter
#2 in Litter
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
Vernon Rockvl, CT
Where do you store your litter box? (I'm a young adult living with my parents and since the cat is mine, it's food and litter box is in my bedroom. Any ideas of other places I can place the litter box?)
Claire P.
Claire P.
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
We keep ours in the laundry room next to the machines in a corner. It's a tiny room with a door to the garage and we don't spend a ton of time in it, when we are in it we are going out or coming in, so if/when it starts to smell it isn't too bothersome.
Salida, CA
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have two cats and two cat pans, I have them both in the garage. The cats have a door out to it so they can freely go in and out. We keep their food in the office :)
Salida, CA
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Lindsey H.
Lindsey H.
7 months, 3 weeks ago
I keep my litter in the bathroom closet. If you have a bedroom closet maybe put it in there? At my old house we put the litter boxes in the second bathroom.
Sara H.
Sara H.
Lake Luzerne, NY
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Our cat box is on the bathroom, we also have one in the basement
Nathalie K.
Nathalie K.
Goodyear, AZ
9 months, 2 weeks ago
I have a walk in closet that I turned into a "potty box room" since I have 10 cats. We put a "window" in at the top of the door and then used a cat/doggie door for the cats to go in/out with.
lori s.
lori s.
Sparta, TN
11 months, 3 weeks ago
i put mine in the hall closet. i had kitty door put in so i can keep the door closet and they can still get to the box :)
Megan M.
Megan M.
Newport, NH
1 year, 1 month ago
I used to keep my cats litter box in the bathroom, but now my bathroom is so small I can't. We transformed our small dining room area into an office setup, and out cats litter box sits in the corner of the office. It seems to work great for us!
Marsha P.
Marsha P.
Fresno, CA
1 year, 1 month ago
My bathroom is to small so the living room it is. It is definitely not my preferred place but the cat has to go. In my case I bought a top of the line enclosed litter box to keep odors in and I clean it twice a day
Julie L.
Julie L.
Cleveland, OH
1 year, 2 months ago
If possible, place it in the bathroom! That's where my cats' boxes are! I keeo the food and water in the kitchen .
Samantha Z.
Samantha Z.
Brookhaven, GA
1 year, 3 months ago
I put mine in a closet where it's easy to spot. Since we trade the duty of cleaning the litter box, I have to put it in a place where my boyfriend can find it.
Irene R.
Irene R.
2 years, 2 months ago
Garage or closer
tracy b.
tracy b.
Hershey, PA
2 years, 8 months ago
Mine is in the basement which also houses my laundry room. It keeps my toddler out of the box and keeps the potential smell away from our family living spaces.
Michelle K.
Michelle K.
3 years, 3 months ago
We have one in the basement and one in the bathroom. This litter does very well with odor control and so maybe your parents would let one be in there.
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
Sun Valley, CA
3 years, 5 months ago
The best place in our house is actually the laundry room. Fresh Step has a fresh smell which helps and we clean our box everyday. We also put a mat right outside of the cat box so its easier to clean litter that has fallen from their paws.
Wendy F.
Wendy F.
Saginaw, MI
3 years, 7 months ago
I keep mine in the basement. It was one of the biggest reasons I wanted a basement when I was house hunting.
Jeff E.
Jeff E.
Rotonda West, FL
4 years ago
Mine is put in the water heater closet.
Danielle R.
Danielle R.
Willoughby , OH
4 years ago
A section of your closet on the floor perhaps? That's what we did living in a small apt.
Maggie D.
Maggie D.
College Sta, TX
4 years, 1 month ago
My family keeps one in a bathroom for the cats that live in that room, and one in the laundry room for our cat that likes staying in there.
Amanda K.
Amanda K.
kettering, oh
4 years, 2 months ago
I have a small house with no place to put a litterbox, so with the help of my dad we created a cabinet (from an old bathroom cabinet) with a kitty door on the side for the cats to enter. It has 2 doors that open in the front, one side is where the litter box is hidden and the other side is where I store the litter and scoop. There is also a drawer where I keep the other cat items. You can find and refurbish cabinets from garage sales and thrift stores....my cats love it and the top of it is a cat bed with a piece of foam inside of some really soft fabric. My cats love it!
Dinorah R.
Dinorah R.
N Arlington, NJ
4 years, 2 months ago
I have my cat's litter box in a small corner of the kitchen away from everything. I would recommend having it in a little nook and even the bathroom. I have a friend that keeps it in the bathroom, but if could, get a cover for the litter box, this way it is more appealing to the eye. I wouldn't recommend keeping your litter box in your bedroom, very unsanitary.
Nancy D.
Nancy D.
Monticello, AR
4 years, 2 months ago
The bathroom is where I store mine. It's so much easier to clean up if the cat rakes some litter on to the floor!
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Rockford , IL
4 years, 3 months ago
I prefer the bathroom or the basement to keep odors away from the areas you spend time in! No one likes to smell litter yet alone litter thats been used, hope you can find a solution!
Andrea A.
Andrea A.
Fresno, CA
By the back door.
Ashley F.
Ashley F.
Orange, CA
4 years, 3 months ago
In a corner behind the front door
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Joshua Tree, CA
4 years, 4 months ago
We keep it in my sons closet it's his cat and I want it hidden and out of sight so closet best place. Just leave door cracked.
4 years, 6 months ago
I usually keep mine in a closet or spare space of sorts, but we are trying something new. We are trying out a litter house, check them out, they are pleasing to the eye and help with smell
Pamela H.
Pamela H.
Suffolk, VA
4 years, 6 months ago
Ours is in the laundry room.
Emily D.
Emily D.
Amelia , OH
4 years, 7 months ago
We keep ours in the laundry room. She likes it there because it's secluded from the rest of the house and it's her own sort of private room.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Lansdale, PA
4 years, 9 months ago
I have a cat litter chest. An entire hut style cat litter box will fit inside this. The best thing is you can even sit on this thing with out getting a smell.
Amber J.
Amber J.
Las Vegas, NV
4 years, 9 months ago
I have a similar living situation and I moved the litter box into the living room, under the bookshelf holding the media consoles (cable box/players/games, etc) and fenced it off from the rest of the room. The box is covered, the litter doesn't smell, and the cats have to walk out on the little carpet pad and jump over the fence, so the litter is confined to that one area that I vacuum every time I clean the litter. My parents haven't had much complaints about this arrangement and I don't have litter all over my bedroom floor.
4 years, 10 months ago
I put the litter box in the bathroom
Tiffany L.
Tiffany L.
Monclova, OH
4 years, 10 months ago
My husband and I have four cats, and they each have their own litter box, which we keep in a closet. Some cats do not like to have their food in the same room as their litter, so watch out for that. We kept the cat food in the kitchen, and the litter boxes in another room in an open closet.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Lake Butler, FL
4 years, 10 months ago
I would suggest liter box in the utility room if you have one and food in the kitchen that's how we have it
Beth G.
Beth G.
Castro Valley, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
I keep my cat's liter box in the bathroom, it fits perfect between the toilet and the sink. It's one of those boxes that has a cover so if guests use the bathroom they don't see whats inside.
4 years, 10 months ago
As many other say we keep ours in the laundry room in the basement. It is out of the way and no one has to walk by or see it.
Marisol M.
Marisol M.
Philadelphia, PA
4 years, 10 months ago
The litter box is in my bathroom...I think that is where it really needs to be because of the smell they leave behind lol...Not in a kitchen/bedroom/livingroom ect...
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Des Moines, IA
4 years, 11 months ago
I have had the litter box in multiple places, my bedroom, bathroom, living room and haven't had much of an issue so long as the litter box and surrounding area is kept clean. I've had many people come in my house regardless of where I have had the litter box and wasn't aware I even had cats until they saw them.
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Ambridge, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
We have used the bathroom and the laundry room...both work out well, but it probably depends on where your room is located in the house.
Samantha T.
Samantha T.
Bogart, GA
4 years, 11 months ago
I have two litter boxes. One is in my bedroom and the other is in my living room. I have two cats. We use the hidden covered boxes, they look like little benches. The Fresh Step litter works so well, you cannot tell I even have cats. No tracking and no smell.
Crystal P.
Crystal P.
Crowley, LA
4 years, 11 months ago
We keep ours in the bathroom.
Rachel C.
Rachel C.
Tulsa, OK
4 years, 11 months ago
We store the litter box in the bathroom where the toilet is located as it is separate from the rest of the bathroom. It helps reduce scattering litter and is handy for flushing solid waste.
Amy P.
Amy P.
Warwick, RI
4 years, 11 months ago
When we were living in an apartment building, we put the litter box in the bathroom. The tile floor is easy to clean and vacuum up. But now that we are in a duplex we have it in the basement hidden under the stairs so it's less obvious to our guests.
Sara M.
Sara M.
Columbus, OH
4 years, 11 months ago
Can you put it in the bathroom? I'd say closet, but I don't like our clothes around our cats litter box. When we first got our cat her litter box went in the bath room.
Korie Y.
Korie Y.
4 years, 11 months ago
We keep our 2 litter boxes in the spare bathroom that we don't use much. We actually put their boxes in the tub! Crazy I know, but we leave the shower curtain open enough for them to get in and out. They use it with no problems. Their food is in the same room, just not the shower/tub.
Darian P.
Darian P.
Ypsilanti, MI
4 years, 11 months ago
I keep mine in the laundry room. the laundry room is pretty much her room lol it has her bed, food and all her toys there too
Melissa F.
Melissa F.
4 years, 11 months ago
I store my cats litter box in closet. Our apartment is so tiny that anywhere else would be in the way. I really think that my cat likes to have her litter box more hidden so she can hide while she uses her potty. =)
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Bathroom
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Warren, OH
4 years, 11 months ago
I keep mine in the bathroom because it is tiled and easier to clean the litter off the floor. I have put it in the basement before, the laundry room, and other places that won't be such a distraction or dirty like the kitchen or living room. Basically don't put it in a main area and if you do always keep it super clean I hope that helps.