BY FRESH #38 in Face Masks

A hydrating and toning mask with a cooling gel formula infused with pure rosewater and real rose petals. Historically romantic and classically fragrant, the rose flower yields a precious oil brimming with nutrients that naturally soothe the skin and stimulate the senses. Infused with 50 percent pure rosewater and an average of two-and-a-half roses per jar, this unique mask restores radiance and suppleness to all skin types. The addition of cucumber extract and aloe vera reduce inflammation and calm the skin, while green tea helps brighten and protect. “One of the most recognizable flowers across cultures, the rose is associated with romance and royalty and has been the basis of beauty rituals for centuries. Ancient Roman courts were decorated with garlands to stimulate the senses, and queens from Cleopatra to Marie Antoinette used it for perfume. With today’s technology, we are able to refine the purity of the extract, making it even more effective in skincare. The flower yields an incredibly precious oil brimming with nutrients that help to hydrate, soothe, tone, and restore the skin, and the scent adds a unique mood-enhancing quality to the experience.” —Lev Glazman, Fresh Co-founder

• Anyone use this mask? How is the hydration? Worth the purchase?3 Answers
  • I've been looking for a face mask that could help me clear my ski...13 Answers
  • Has anyone tried sleeping in this mask over night? How did it wor...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I would recommend it to any one." in 2 reviews
  • "It's sooo worth the money, a little bit goes a long way with this product." in 1 review
  • "A little goes a LONG way, too, which I love." in 1 review
  • "It's not too strong of a mask so you can use it every day if you want." in 1 review
  • "Also great to top a clay mask with for some extra nourishment." in 1 review
Ashlyn A.
Ashlyn A.
Greenville, TX
It's an okay mask.

I don't really love the smell of it. It's not unpleasant. I just wouldn't say it's on my top list of things to smell while I'm just sitting. If you really just dig the way roses smell, I suppose it wouldn't be awful. I just wouldn't say they're the best smelling flower.

The texture is really slimy kind of like a gel and I thought when I put it on it'd dry or something but it doesn't. It stays wet and gelled up.

Due to the texture and consistency I assumed it'd be super hydrating but when I wiped it off, I didn't find my face to be drastically different in smoothness or hydration, which was kind of a letdown. I was really looking for something hydrating, pore tightening and smoothing, maybe to bring down redness, but it just didn't quite meet any of the expectations I had.

There's nothing I'd say that absolutely HORRIBLE about the mask, it just doesn't quite hit its mark. If you already have nice skin, you might just enjoy this as a "treat yo self" kind of thing.
Danielle O.
Danielle O.
San Antonio, TX
Although Fresh products are generally pricey, I really loved this mask. The heavy ceramic feel jar looks nice and luxurious, but that was probably one of my biggest complaints with the product! I was constantly worried I would drop and break the jar, effectively losing all the product, similar to my concerns with La Mer products I've owned. I've had other Fresh products including the Chapstick, soy cleanser (which I still love in the travel size for my carry on bad when flying!), and the anti-aging moisturizer. I honestly believe you cannot go wrong with a product from this brand, and this mask was no exception! The mask is lighter than I expected, and see-through with visible rose petals in the jar and a light almost brownish-yellow tint to it (unlike the thick white-pink rose mask with Mario Badescu). This mask was much preferred to the MB rose mask because the Fresh mask provided much more hydration and left my face feeling soft and plump. I would recommend this soothing mask!
Julia M.
Julia M.
Pittsburgh, PA
I really wish that I could say I loved this mask because I love rose products, but I just can't.

While this product is gentle and packaged in a clean stylish white jar, I just don't think it is worth the price.

This product is a gel that blends into my skintone, and also melts into my skin. It's great to have a mask that doesn't look scary on my face. The mask also only has a light smell, it isn't overwhelming at all, and I do think the small rose petal pieces are cute.

It just didn't meet my expectations. When the gel was on my face it looked well moisturized and covered up my dry spots, but then as soon as I washed it off my face basically returned back to its original state. It didn't do anything for me.

While this mask wasn't bad, it just isn't good enough. If you have a lot of extra money, then ok. It does feel luxurious. If you have very dry skin though, or are a bit strapped for cash, you should try a different moisturizing mask.
Stella S.
Stella S.
San Francisco, CA
Fresh Rose Face Mask smells and will leave you looking amazing! The mask itself is a bit brown and chunky with crushed rose petals in it. Start with a clean face (I also recommend Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser as it's gentle but removes every last bit of makeup including your mascara!), then smooth on the mask until it evenly covers your face. You only need to leave it in for 5 minutes but I usually end up leaving it for 10 minutes as the mask smells so good and gives you a bonus aromatherapy sesh as well! Two in one!
My skin is more supple and has a nice glow to it afterwards. It also tones and leaves my pores tighter and less noticeable. I use this whenever my skin is looking blah in the cold winter or on a Sunday after a weekend of too much fun... It's a great mask that gives you some extra oomph and TLC when your skin is begging for some extra care!
Esfir P.
Esfir P.
Erie, PA
At first I didn't think this mask did much, and it seemed as my others, more affordable masks were doing much more for my skin; however, it seemed like it only when my skin was already in a pretty good condition, but once I got random break outs and my skin was really irritated, so I tried this mask again, hoping to see some results and hoping that it will calm my skin down a bit. Looked in the mirror in a couple of hours, and my breakouts are almost gone!
I Give it only 4 stars, because there are still great masks that you can find for a way more affordable price, so I think I'll keep looking, but besides the crazy price tag, I think it's a great product. Also forgot to mention the scent, some people are not fans of it;however, I absolutely love the smell of roses, which made it even more enjoyable.
Janine Trisha J.
Janine Trisha J.
Union City, CA
As a birthday perk from Sephora, I had a chance to try out a small version of this product. I recently went on a trip for a week where daily cleansing definitely stripped away a lot of moisture, despite normal moisturizing. Upon return my skin felt so dry that I had to do something about it. So I tried the Fresh Rose Face Mask to see if it could bring moisture back to my face, and it definitely did. After the 10-15 minutes I left it on for, I felt that it repaired the damage I felt was made on my sensitive face. My skin felt smoothr and as if it sucked in all the moisture. The smell is absolutely amazing as a sweet rose scent. The only downside would probably be that it can get a little runny at times when applied, but nothing a bit more portion control can fix
Radhika M.
Radhika M.
San Jose, CA
This is a brown gel-like mask that smells like fresh roses. There are dried rose petals visible in the mask, and the mask itself contains rose extract. This is a great mask to use on a warm summer day because it feels cool and soothing on the skin and the scent adds a luxurious and relaxing element to the mask. The mask doesn't really dry out and can be washed off after about 15 minutes. While I loved the feel and fragrance of the mask, I didn't any drastic difference to my skin with this mask. My skin does feel hydrated and healthy - which is a good thing - but I personally would have preferred a little more added into the mask, like a boost of radiance. As a basic hydrating mask, this does a good job, and it definitely leaves me feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Fresh Rose Face Mask is another one of my favorite Fresh products! I received a sample of this in my Sephora yearly birthday gift, along with the Soy Facial Cleanser. This is a wash off mask with real pieces of rose petal, and contains pure rose water to soothe and tone skin. Cucumber extract, aloe vera, and antioxidant-rich green tea are also present to cool and brighten the skin. It has a thicker gel texture and felt so refreshing going on. I keep it on for about 10-20 minutes, and my skin always feels very soft and looks noticeably brighter. While I'm really impressed with the results, the $62 price tag for 100ml has me hesitant to fall in love with this. But if price isn't an object for you, definitely pick this up! Your skin will thank you!
Iris N.
Iris N.
China Grove, NC
I bought this about 2 weeks ago after someone mentioned that it was part of their weekly beauty routine. I have sensitive skin that's prone to dry patches and red/orange splotches at times, so I wanted something calming and soothing. This mask proved to be just what I needed. It has a nice, cool feel when applied to the skin. I left it on for the suggested 10 minutes, and rinsed it off. My face felt soft, and looked *extremely* even and white. I'm ridiculously pale, and so when a product manages to take all the redness out of my face and leave me with my natural "pallor", I'm impressed ;) The lightening & brightening effect was wonderful, and I have used it almost every night since. Definitely use this if your skin needs a hydrated, calming boost!
Elaina M.
Elaina M.
I received a sample of this product along with the sky face cleanser and have been using them daily since I got them. This mask is very good at moisturizing without being super heavy on the skin. It smells heavily of rose (duh) so if you are sensitive to scents or if you don't like the smell of roses then keep away from this product at ALL costs. With that being said, it's not artificial scent or anything, just the fact it has real rose petals in it. Once it dries it gets slightly tacky. I would use this before you go to bed... Tried it last night and then washed it off and put on my normal night oil and I woke up with extremely soft skin (I literally could stop touching my face). I would recommend. Very gentle.
Kyrsten S.
Kyrsten S.
Acworth, GA
I've been looking for a face mask that could help me clear my skin up . My skin is very dry and gets irritated very easily ... How does anyone feel about this ?
Lalaa M.
Lalaa M.
Sanford, NC
I honestly never tried a face mask before so I just want to know what would be a good product to do them with because I don't want black heads etc to be starting to form on my face because I wear a lot of makeup.
Luz R.
Luz R.
How strong is the smell? I love the smell of roses, but don't want to be overpowered by it.
Jade R.
Jade R.
Garden Grove, CA
Does your face feel hydrated and moisturized after just one use or several?
Brittany P.
Brittany P.
Antioch, CA
I need a good overnight face cream or a mask but I'm always worried about products being too heavy or oily and breaking me out.