BY FRENCH'S #5 in Mustard

Experience the incredible character of real Chardonnay that makes French's Dijon so delicious. It's the go to gourmet mustard that adds a touch of class and creativity to your cooking and makes the average sandwich or burger become something brilliant.

• Distilled Vinegar

• How strong is the chardonnay flavor, if at all?1 Answers
  • Is this gluten free?2 Answers
  • What is most recommended to put this on? Is it sour or sweet?12 Answers
Buy on Target*
  • "This is the mustard I use in my deviled eggs and I think it adds a nice, subtle "something" to the dish!" in 6 reviews
  • "I pretty much just use dijon mustard on my deli sandwiches and bratwurst hot dogs, so I decided to give this brand a try." in 6 reviews
  • "I don't really taste the Chardonnay flavors in this product, but it does have a great flavor overall. " in 6 reviews
michelle b.
Columbia, SC
Foodie Expert
I recently tried this product and enjoyed the flavor a lot.  That being said, it really does not require a lot of this product on a sandwich.  If you get too much, the flavor really can be overwhelming.  However, in the right amount it really does add a little something extra to your dish.  I also incorporated it into a couple of recipes and got the same response.  It adds a little something as long as you don't overdo it.  I would definitely recommend this product to people who enjoy Dijon mustard.  French's products are typically very good.  This came in an easy to use squeeze bottle.  Don't expect a nice stream of mustard like you get with the regular yellow mustard.  I think this may be a bit thicker, so it does not come out that evenly.  Overall, very good product.
Diana B.
Burlingame, CA
Foodie Expert

First of all, I must say that this mustard tastes really great! I've tried a lot of mustard brands before and most of them were very acidic due to higher vinegar content. But this French's Dijon mustard with real wine is much better! I didn't feel that it was too acidic. The taste was mild and pleasant. I also liked the texture: it wasn't too solid or too liquid.The only drawback is the package: it is very hard and inconvenient to squeeze the mustard out through the tiny hole. I'd prefer  the container to be made from softer plastic with a bigger hole.

I've got this product for free for the purpose of my review, however, opinions are 100% my own.
Bhavika C.
Austin, TX
Foodie Expert
I got a nice size my family and i have been loving
this mustard. It has a great flavor a small amount of kick and a Tangy
Surprise. Unlike other Dijon mustard it does not have a pungent or over
powering taste .. which I like it .  It
works well with anything: Sandwich, salad dressings, burgers etc.French's
mustards are my favorite. I highly recommend giving this dijon chardonnay
mustard a try.  I also tried it with soft
pretzels which is a favorite snack of mine . this sweet tangy taste definitely
gives your favorite food or snack that extra greatness.Nice packaging easy flip
top squirts easily.  If you have not tried it yet,
do yourself and your taste buds a favor and get some today.  Love this mustard.
Laurie H.
Manassas, VA
Foodie Expert
I got this mustard form crowdtap and I literally fell in love for it! I moved in the US about 5 years ago and had a hard time finding a mustard I like one that would bring me back home and this one did. I use it as a dipping sauce or to cook with the taste is not too spicy but not on the sweet side like too many that claim to be Dijon mustard.. even if a real Dijon mustard can only come from Dijon France not US right??
Brittany B.
Debary, FL
Foodie Expert
"This post was sponsored by French’s as part of a sampling activation for Crowdtap. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.” This mustard is probably the best Dijon mustard I've ever had. The horseradish taste is so strong. I had this with a sandwich and it tasted so good.
Amanda G.
Bakersfield, CA
Got this from a crowdtap kit and absolutely loved it. It works well with yellow mustard instead of replacing it. The Chardonnay makes it smooth, but it has a very spicy bite. Kind of a mild horseradish flavor. I used it in low fat deviled eggs, sad dressings, and sandwiches.
Naylimar R.
Fort Gordon, GA
Foodie Expert
“This post was sponsored by French’s as part of a sampling activation for Crowdtap. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.” For me French's Dijon Mustard is one of the best brands of mustard in the market. With the French's Dijon Mustard Chardonnay they went to the next level. I like to use this with salads and with one of my favorite recipes Deviled Eggs.  This mustard has a rich flavor taste and it's super creamy.  Great product and great price.
Cindy P.
Cedar City, UT
Foodie Expert
This post was sponsored by French’s as part of a sampling activation for Crowdtap. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.  I use mustard on everything and I like trying new flavors. I like the French's containers they are easy to use and they hold up nice till the mustard is used up. The one thing I notice with French's is there is no juice or liquid that comes out of the bottle when you squeeze it like some mustard that leaves your sandwich bread soggy. The flavors are naturally delicious and tangy and creamy.
Mao H.
BLAINE, MN
Foodie Expert
I received this complimentary from #crowdtap for testing purposes. The dijon mustard has a kick to it as it has a hint of chardonnay wine. I decided to to make deviled eggs using dijon mustard with Chardonnay for an added kick. It was a hit in my household. They were gone before you knew it.
Adrianna B.
Park Forest, IL
This mustard was very delicious.  The unwarranted spice blast was quite delightful as it seemed to open up my sinuses.  I paired it with bbq saugages and also put it on my sandwiches.  I would recommend this mustard to any one.  I plan to buy again and use it to make a baked chicken dish.
katelyn h.
Weatherford, OK
What is most recommended to put this on? Is it sour or sweet?
Kimb P.
Cartersville, GA
What recipes do you use this in?
mariana h.
What are other ways you can cook with French's Dijon Mustard with Chardonnay
Mandy P.
Foodie Expert
Does the flavor change at all over time?
makayla m.
Opa Locka, FL
Is this good? What can I use this for?