BY FREEMAN BEAUTY #42 in Face Masks

Pollution…debris…it's a wonder skin can breathe! This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. Purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity. Perfect for all skin types.

• Is this easy to wash off, or does it leave the charcoal c...5 Answers
  • Since this pulls out impurities , did it make you break out?3 Answers
  • Does it really work..8 Answers
Freeman Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal & Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub
  • "I bought this yesterday, it took me 4 hours of searching in 4 different stores around my area. It was so desirable that it was SOLD OUT of my local harmons, walgreens, rite aid, and finally found it in CVS. Harmons is having a sale on this product this month by the way! But yes, so anyway, the product does have a strange consistency, but nonetheless, it smooths onto the skin and after 5 minutes, a little rubbing, and a rinse- my skin has never felt so supple and smooth!! I am acne and scar prone, and this made my reddish face look totally normalized after I took it off! It is great for sensitive skin and I absolutely love it so far!" in 421 reviews
  • "I really enjoy using this mask, it get rid of all the dead skin on my face." in 3 reviews
  • "I received this mask in my VoxBox and I absolutely loved it!.It went on nice and smooth, and wasn't too harsh scrubbing on my skin." in 2 reviews
  • "I bought it from London Drug yesterday, and tried it right away once I got home." in 2 reviews
  • "Rinsing this mask off is easy and it feels really good when you mix warm water with it to remove it." in 2 reviews
Mehvish P.
Houston
Freeman Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal & Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub is my go-to mask for when I feel like everyday from the day has settled in my pores. I absolutely love Freemans as a brand because they’re super inexpensive and you get more than what you’re paying for. This was actually my first product from the brand itself so after quickly reading a couple of reviews on it in the middle of the skincare isle im Ulta, I decided, why not? At the time I was obsessed with anything and everything charcoal and on the hunt for a new facemask so this was a perfect fit. The added black sugar was something I was willing to give a try. This product also doubles as a scrub, but i’ve personally never tried it like that.

So the first time I tried this mask I put one layer (it’s a thick sugary consistency) and set a timer for 6 minutes since the bottle recommended 5-7 minutes. I remember my face began to feel a little warm, but after multiple uses i’ve come to learn it’s just something to expect and doesn’t mean the product is not working or worse, damaging your skin.

When my time was up, the mask wasn’t very hard to wash off because it doesn’t dry, but rather just kind of sit on your face and can begin to drip. If you’re not careful it can get a little messy, but nothing that can’t be wiped off. Now, when I tell you my skin felt so CLEAN I literal mean it embodied the meaning of clean. It left a bit off a cooling effect which is always a great feeling, but also I could literally see some previous breakouts I had minimized or completely gone. My pores felt unclogged and overall I noticed my skin even looked a little brighter.

These days, this mask is my go-to when my pores feel like they can’t breathe due to a dirty atmosphere, hot weather that builds up sweat or just an excessively long day of wearing makeup. I try to use it once or twice a week, but it all depends on choice. However, I actually now keep the mask on for 7-10 minutes because it’s at that point where my face feels the right amount of warm.

Overall I would recommend this to anyone who wears makeup most days out of the week or is in an environment which can cause excessive oils and dirt to build up in their pores. It’s the perfect product to make you and your face feel squeaky clean after a long day. The short amount of time it takes for one use is an added bonus which allows you fo just sit down for a couple of minutes, relax, and let it work it’s magic.
Jennifer M.
Pico Rivera, CA
I'm so happy I found this scrub.... I have extremely oily and textured skin so by the end of the day my makeup looked like it was sitting on top of face... caking around my textured areas by the minute... instead of staying blended on the skin. I was scared to exfoliate more than once a week because that's what I saw on YouTube videos. I bought this on a sale at Ulta and don't regret it. I actually use it every day as part as my shower routine. Wash my face first then apply the scrub with my fingers and just rub it in until the sugar dissolves. Once disolved I let it sit on the skin for a few minutes and rinse. I love it because by the sugar dissolving on its own I know I'm not going to over exfoliate and damage my skin. I still get oily and I still have textured skin but I can work with it now as soon as I blot my makeup is still there nicely blended on the skin... Not caking around textured areas. This picture (without any filters) was taken right after blotting after having my makeup on for a little over 8 hours. Can't complain!!! It just works for me.
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
I really like this scrub, particularly because of how inexpensive it is. It is a quality face scrub that works wonders. It is described as a " polishing charcoal and black sugar gel mask and scrub that instantly detoxes pores and exfoliates for smooth skin". I would say that is a very accurate product description. The scrub is definitely a gel like consistency with very fine sugars that feel nice on the skin and doesn't feel overwhelmingly harsh. When you rub it on the face, the scrub gets warm and it feels insanely good on the skin! It is a very comfortable warmth. This scrub does have a very faint scent to it. I can't quite pinpoint what it is but it is sweet smelling and very subtle.

Directions recommend leaving the mask on for 5-7 minutes then "add warm water to gently exfoliate, then rinse". This mask is not dehydrating at all and, in my opinion, clenses and exfoliates extremely well! It is very gentle yet effective and I love a mask that does both!

While the mask is drying you don't feel it tightening on your skin at all. So this is definitely a mask for people who don't necessarily love that feeling.  I like to use this scrub at least once maybe twice a week and I have noticed  my skin is much smoother and has an overall brightness to it that it didn't have before.

Overall this is a REALLY good facial scrub, and you definitely can't beat the price!  I paid roughly $4 for a bottle with 6 fl oz. I have yet to find another scrub for that price that performs as well as this one does! Highly recommended! Will repurchase!

Rebecca B.
Newburgh, NY
I am absolutely in LOVE with this face scrub!!! I use it about 2-3 times a week. I am warning you though, if you have sensitive skin DO NOT USE IT! It will scrub off your skin and hurt you. Anyway, after I get my face lightly and scrub it all over my face,neck and chest I let it sit for about 10 minutes. I sugar melts in usually by then. Then, I remove it. After I remove the scrub, oh my goodness! My skin feels like baby skin! I'm not just saying it to say it! It truly does! I then put my nightly lotion on and go to bed and my face for about 2 days is so smooth. I am never got going to use this product! If you have problems skin or rough ,scaly ,dry skin I suggest you try this out. The price won't make you broke if you happen to not like it. But, for the price and what it does, this facial scrub exceeded my expectations!
Bry. W.
Cleveland, Ohio
Overall, I feel like the product works good on the expectations on what it would do. But, I would recommend that it is not meant for people with oily skin and would work best for dry skin. Because of how thick the scrub was it clogged my pores and caused me to gain a couple of bumps but not too major. It did help smooth, soften and moisturize my skin. I typically have tried various Freeman masks and I prefer the Manuka & Honey Or the Stress mask. Both leave my skin refreshed, soft and vibrant. Freeman is a great brand and the various masks does serve its specific purposes. I would recommend for individuals to try out the brand and find which works best for them. Freeman masks are non-expensive and can be found at Sally’s, or various drug stores and also Walmart. I feel like they are great starter masks to experiment with and overall helpful when finding out what works best with your skin. Freeman Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal & Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub
Kira G.
I got this as a gift, my first thought was “Man! That’s a huge bottle!” but it does what it’s supposed to, I’ve use it mostly on my hands than I do on my face & neck. Its not expensive at all, the price is so good that I recommend you replace your other expensive small size products that those exactly what this one does (which is refresh & scrub), & extra like claim that helps with wrinkles or dark spots but the extra is not happening for you? Yes you know which expensive products I’m talking about, well,then replace that with this bottle instead (for the scrub & refreshing you need) It’s not harsh, it leaves my face looking fresh, my hands look fresh & clean. This is a good go-to face scrub if your looking for something that’s not strong & want just plain clean looking skin.
Ashlee L.
Parkesburg
I didn't know what to expect when I bought this mask, but I was very happy with it. The mask warms up once you put it on your face, which is a weird sensation but it feels nice! The black sugar is a little abrasive (and it always gets in my mouth a little, which I don't recommend - black sugar and charcoal are a great combination for a face mask, but not so much for something to be eaten) but it makes my skin feel really soft and clean after taking it off. I bought this to combat a bad breakout that I've been dealing with for a few weeks now, and it works really well! After the first time I used it, my acne was less red and my pimples looked smaller, and it looked like I had less blackheads! I highly recommend this mask, and I'll definitely be buying it again.
Ali C.
Phoenix, AZ
I really enjoy the value of the Freeman mask range and I’m always down to try any of them for fun. I picked this one up because I was looking for something with charcoal to help with my pores/blackheads. This one looked interesting so I figured why not? For starters it smelled pretty good and felt warm as I spread it around my face. During the rinsing process the sugar felt a bit abrasive but not overly harsh. My face felt so smooth and my blackheads looked a bit better after using this. The results weren’t spectacular but they were noticeable. I ended up using up most of the tube but didn’t repurchase. I would recommend if you’re looking for a cheap mask that exfoliates and helps with blackheads or oil.
Brandi S.
Do you have a thing for SWEET TREATS but don’t want the guilt of adding all those calories to your body? Well this scrub is for you (NOT EDIBLE). I apply the mask to my T Zone and let it sit for 5 minutes as the warmth of the sugar and charcoal combine to give your skin the squeaky clean it’s been begging for. I absolutely love this mask after I’ve taken off a full beat of makeup. It is the perfect mask to pull out any excess makeup or oil left behind. ‼️‼️PLEASE DO NOT SLEEP 😴 ON THIS MASK‼️‼️ You need this mask in your facial routine,you’ll thank me IMMEDIATELY😜
Patricia H.
Wow. First off, if you don't like warm sensations, not burning, but like a warm towel pressed against your face kind of feeling, don't get this. I apply it to my face in the shower and leave it on while I shave. While it's on, it gets really warm and feels awesome. It is very rough and has fine physical exfoliants. After I use it, my face is insanely smooth and soft. I don't have any issues with signs of aging, but it makes my skin look much more youthful. However, it does drip off while it's sitting and makes your face a shocking red. Therefore, I only use it during a nightly shower or on a day where I don't have plans.
Katerina marie M.
Avon Park, FL
Has anyone tried this? does it break out the skin?
Jenna C.
Webster, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Freeman mask??
Alysha L.
GOLDTHWAITE, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I need a deep cleaning mask!?
Elizabeth B.
Birmingham, AL
Can I get this anywhere other than Walgreens.com?
Celeste R.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does it work well? I want to try it! I can find this at Walmart too?

back