BY FREEMAN BEAUTY #19 in Face Masks

Pollution…debris…it's a wonder skin can breathe! This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. Purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity. Perfect for all skin types.

• Is this easy to wash off, or does it leave the charcoal color or ...5 Answers
  • Since this pulls out impurities , did it make you break out?3 Answers
  • Does it really work..8 Answers
Freeman Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal & Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub
  • "I bought this yesterday, it took me 4 hours of searching in 4 different stores around my area. It was so desirable that it was SOLD OUT of my local harmons, walgreens, rite aid, and finally found it in CVS. Harmons is having a sale on this product this month by the way! But yes, so anyway, the product does have a strange consistency, but nonetheless, it smooths onto the skin and after 5 minutes, a little rubbing, and a rinse- my skin has never felt so supple and smooth!! I am acne and scar prone, and this made my reddish face look totally normalized after I took it off! It is great for sensitive skin and I absolutely love it so far!" in 421 reviews
  • "I really enjoy using this mask, it get rid of all the dead skin on my face." in 3 reviews
  • "Rinsing this mask off is easy and it feels really good when you mix warm water with it to remove it." in 2 reviews
  • "I bought it from London Drug yesterday, and tried it right away once I got home." in 2 reviews
  • "I received this mask in my VoxBox and I absolutely loved it!.It went on nice and smooth, and wasn't too harsh scrubbing on my skin." in 2 reviews
Jennifer M.
Pico Rivera, CA
I'm so happy I found this scrub.... I have extremely oily and textured skin so by the end of the day my makeup looked like it was sitting on top of face... caking around my textured areas by the minute... instead of staying blended on the skin. I was scared to exfoliate more than once a week because that's what I saw on YouTube videos. I bought this on a sale at Ulta and don't regret it. I actually use it every day as part as my shower routine. Wash my face first then apply the scrub with my fingers and just rub it in until the sugar dissolves. Once disolved I let it sit on the skin for a few minutes and rinse. I love it because by the sugar dissolving on its own I know I'm not going to over exfoliate and damage my skin. I still get oily and I still have textured skin but I can work with it now as soon as I blot my makeup is still there nicely blended on the skin... Not caking around textured areas. This picture (without any filters) was taken right after blotting after having my makeup on for a little over 8 hours. Can't complain!!! It just works for me.
Ali C.
Phoenix, AZ
I really enjoy the value of the Freeman mask range and I’m always down to try any of them for fun. I picked this one up because I was looking for something with charcoal to help with my pores/blackheads. This one looked interesting so I figured why not? For starters it smelled pretty good and felt warm as I spread it around my face. During the rinsing process the sugar felt a bit abrasive but not overly harsh. My face felt so smooth and my blackheads looked a bit better after using this. The results weren’t spectacular but they were noticeable. I ended up using up most of the tube but didn’t repurchase. I would recommend if you’re looking for a cheap mask that exfoliates and helps with blackheads or oil.
Brandi S.
Do you have a thing for SWEET TREATS but don’t want the guilt of adding all those calories to your body? Well this scrub is for you (NOT EDIBLE). I apply the mask to my T Zone and let it sit for 5 minutes as the warmth of the sugar and charcoal combine to give your skin the squeaky clean it’s been begging for. I absolutely love this mask after I’ve taken off a full beat of makeup. It is the perfect mask to pull out any excess makeup or oil left behind. ‼️‼️PLEASE DO NOT SLEEP 😴 ON THIS MASK‼️‼️ You need this mask in your facial routine,you’ll thank me IMMEDIATELY😜
Danielle L.
Corinth
I absolutely love this scrub it is probably one of my favorites at the moment.

All you have to do is wet you face and apply, leave on for about 5 minutes and then wash off. Splash cold water on your face to shock your pores closed afterwards and then moisturize.

Leaves my skin feeling amazing, smooth and refreshed.

I have very sensitive skin and this does not irritate my Skin at all, in my opinion it works so much better than other charcoal scrubs I have tried from high end brands.

Absolutely recommend.

FYI buy these silicone mask brushes they will make your life so much easier when applying masks and then it doesn’t get all over your hands: e.l.f. Pore Refining Brush and Mask Tool
Amanda D.
Columbus, OH
I really love this scrub/ face mask. It does really well as both a scrub, cleanser, and face mask! Activated charcoal is really trendy right now, and this is a great way to get in on the trend without spending a lot of money or looking for a complicated product. It can be used for as directed for 20 minutes as a gel mask, or quickly as a scrub for a fresh and clean feel! It's not the kind of face mask that you peel off, if you're looking for that. It's definitley a sugar scrub! It smells pretty basic/ lightly floral, since charcoal and sugar don't really have a specific scent, but it's not too chemical smelling! I'm looking forward to trying more from this line!
Lindsay C.
Tampa, FL
I love this “mask”. It’s honestly more of a scrub, but I usually apply it right before I get in the shower, after I’ve washed my face to give it a little time to soak in. I love how well it exfoliates and makes my skin feel soft and the fact that it’s sugar means it dissolves so I don’t think it’s too harsh on your skin, compared to granules of seeds or beads, and it's environmentally friendly. I also try to use this at least one a week on my neck, chest & upper arms to give them a good scrub. Definitely will repurchase this many times in the future, especially given how affordable it is! Freeman Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal & Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub
Morgan T.
Maumelle, AR
This mask is amazing! When I bought it, I was desperate to find a good exfoliating scrub. I have sensitive skin and have to be very careful what I use on it, but I saw this and thought I would give it a try. I love that it has a thick consistency and really gets the dead skin off my face. I know it says it's a mask, but I prefer to use it as a scrub. It does a great job of reducing redness and leaves my skin baby soft and does not dry it out. I have repurchased this mask twice and will definitely continue to do so. It is a great value at around $4 at my local Walmart.
Angela P.
Oakland Gdns, NY
I bought this because I saw a YouTube video that raves about it.. and it’s worth the rave. At first I felt like the sugar was too big and coarse for my skin but as long as you don’t scrub too harshly it’ll be fine. When you first apply the mask it starts to warm up your face which surprised me because I wasn’t expecting it at all. When I took the mask off it stung a little around my nose which is why I took a star off. However, my skin felt and looked smoother than before. It looked brighter and the next day a lot of my acne had diminished and my scars were less visible.
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
Just purchased this mask for the first time a couple days ago because I kept hearing such awesome things about it. Picked it up at my local grocery store, which I didn't even know they carried them. So far, I am loving it. I don't really use it as a mask because I don't like the way it dries down on the face. I use it as a scrub, and it does an excellent job at getting all the dead skin off my face. It also reduces redness, texture feels more smooth and I am delighted with how well it works to scrub away black heads so far. I usually pick up Garniers charcoal scrub. I think this one is less harsh and doesn't stink like the Garnier one. I think I may be purchasing this one from here on out but I am going to test it more to see if it's going to be better for my skin than the others I use. For a drug store product when I usually don't use drug store I fine that it works pretty well. Will definitely be repurchasing and would recommend to anyone who enjoys a lightweight good smelling facial scrub for a decent price. I really want to use it as a mask but if you enjoy that sort of thing then I say go for it. It does drive down like a mask also if you leave it on long enough.
Danielle N.
I bought the activated charcoal & black sugar mask tube from Ulta a few months ago. I only used it a few times because everytime I would use it my face would break out with acne the next day. My skin is sensitive so it was probably because if the fragrance in the mask. I really so love how the mask smelt and felt on my skin though. I put it on and it would give me a warm tingly sensation on my face. It did leave my face a little red afterwards but that is normal. I would just recommend this to those whose skin is not as sensitive as mine is.
Katerina marie M.
Avon Park, FL
Has anyone tried this? does it break out the skin?
Jenna C.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Freeman mask??
Alysha L.
GOLDTHWAITE, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I need a deep cleaning mask!?
Elizabeth B.
Birmingham, AL
Can I get this anywhere other than Walgreens.com?
Celeste R.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does it work well? I want to try it! I can find this at Walmart too?