BY FREEMAN BEAUTY #61 in Face Masks

The Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Mud Mask is a creamy, clay mask that absorbs excess oil and cleans out clogged pores.

• If it gets on your eyebrows will it pull hair out ?2 Answers
  • How does this react to sensitive skin?3 Answers
  • Can 12 year olds use this product? 3 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Nicole E.
Nicole E.
Detroit, MI
So charcoal is all the rage right now but instead of trying a new product I decided to go with something I'd been looking at for months in the store. I did some research and read reviews before purchasing and Freeman masks have been around for quite some time and got great reviews all around. This charcoal and sugar scrub was no exception. Charcoal is good for removing impurities from the skin and sugar is a great exfoliant. If you have oily, acneic skin like mine you should try this product. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because I still have breakouts however they are reduced. This scrub/mask leaves your face clean, soft and smooth. I bought mine at Ulta cause they always have store coupons and Freeman is on sale regularly but you can find it almost everywhere and it's not expensive at all. Around $5 or $6 usually. That's a bargain compared to all these other brands for the same thing; drugstore and high end. This mask/scrub did not dry my skin out and did not cause any irritation which is very good because I am acne prone. I did find that with regular use my breakouts were reduced and my makeup applied smoothr.
Cindy S.
Cindy S.
PITTSBURGH, PA
What a great find! At first I tried this because it was on sale and figured why not?! I loved it so much but it was hard to find more... I'm thankful that my local drugstores started to carry it. This stuff is so easy to use and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I wouldn't use it daily, but once a week is no trouble for my skin. after using this product my skin feels so much better! The charcoal leaves my skin looking more energized and radiant while the black sugar exfoliates gently to leave my face nice and smooth. I actually use this mask on the eczema on my upper arms and chest as well and it does not irritate those areas. This product exceeds my expectations and is a great deal for the price.
Lauren M.
Lauren M.
Jonesboro, GA
This is definitely a staple of my skin care. I've always had issues with large pores and black heads, and fortunately, this does the trick. When I first started, I definitely noticed my pores were getting smaller, and that over all my face was looking a lot better. Especially on my nose where I've had major issues with blackheads and clogged pores. It draws the dirt out and excess oil, and you can see it as the mask dries. I started off using this mask twice a week like the bottle suggest. But now, I'm down to once a week as long as I do a second mask, which is also a Freeman peel mask. This has done wonders for me, so much that I don't even need to use nose pore strips. I highly recommend this.
Heather R.
Heather R.
Columbia City , IN
I really lucked out funding this mud mask! As soon as I opened the package I knew the rotor be a good product because of the smell. it smelled great! I read the directions and smoothd some into my face and instantly felt it tingling. It was a good, fresh feeling tingle, like it was working! I made a whole beauty day out of it and dyed my hair at the same time. when the mask was dry it was also time to rinse the dye from my hair so I hopped in the shower and rinsed the dye and the mask. I felt like a new woman afterwards. No more grays and a fresh, soft feeling face. I recommend this product to anyone!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Lancaster, OH
This mask is absokutely my #FavoriteSummerProductt. It leaves my pores clean & keeps my face feeling cool after use. It reduces the amount of sweat that comes out of my face in the summer heat which makes me feel more confident about going out & about! I wasn't expecting the gritty texture when I first squeezed it out of the package, but it doesn't take long to get used to it! So if you use facial masks or have never used one & sweat a lot from your face... then this mask is for you. They are also VERY conveniently priced at Wal-Mart at a stunningly low $1.36! Finally! Affordable masks!
Vanessa L.
Vanessa L.
Dallas, TX
THe first time I used this face mask my face felt refreshed, smooth, and tight. The second time I used my face was itching as it dried and had to wash off before it could all completly dry. I didn't break out from it and my face still looked refreshed but a little red. I am not sure if it was due a sunburn from a few days ago that caused the reacation but will defiantly be using again. The packaging allows enough product for a few uses and teh price is great compared to other brands that do the same thing. (Did I mention my husband also loves the mask as well)
Steph R.
Steph R.
Pacoima, CA
I love having my face feel smooth and having visibly invisible pores and this masked helped out with that. Once you put it on and you wait for it to dry you start to feel your skin tightening. At first I was alarmed but now I see it's just part of the process. Once you wash it off your skin will feel as soft as a babies. I also like that the mask goes on in a dark gray color and it dries to a light gray so I know when everything is all dried up easily by just looking in the mirror. I combine this with the avocado oatmeal mask and have had gear results.
Nancy R.
Nancy R.
Avondale, AZ
Okay here it goes. If you have acne, large pores and combination skin... This is your best friend. I promise. Always check ingredients for your benefit and safety... But seriously. This mask comes out pretty thick like a burned charcoal color. The tiny package was enough for my sister and I to cover our entire face (2 applications) and we both loved it. Or face was INSTANTLY soft. And my pores has shrunk quite a bit.. Some of my six year old acne marks came off. Loved it. I'd recommend adding to a routine every week or every two weeks. :)
Baylie M.
Baylie M.
Harker Heights, TX
I will admit, I've only used it once, and it did burn my drier spots, like around my nose and my chin. And I think I applied it too thickly because it took about 40 minutes to dry fully but it made me feel like I was in a spa! My mom, grandma and I did it together and we all felt like it tightened our skin and helped to close our pores. However since I've only used this once it's more of a first impression. But since it did make my skin feel tighter, it's safe to assume it will continue to do so. I would definitely recommend it!
Allison J.
Allison J.
Fargo, ND
I love this mask! It is one of my go-to products because of its multi benefits such as exfoliating, smoothing, detox and deep pore cleansing, purifying, and anti aging. It's the perfect mask when you're skin looks tired, you have clogged pores, need smoothr more even tones and clean feeling skin. It even leaves your face looking more refreshed and restores elasticity too! Definitely a mask every girl should keep on reorder! (I'm a maskaholic and use a different mask almost every day depending on my skins needs!)
Karina F.
Karina F.
Yonkers, NY
Is this the one that hurts when you peel it off?
Ahniyah C.
Ahniyah C.
Is this a scrub or mask? I've heard mixed reviews about it
Kayla S.
Kayla S.
Fredonia, NY
Is this product ok for sensitive skin?
Rosie L.
Rosie L.
Wasaga Beach
Anyone with combination skin??! What is your experience with this product?
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.
Cincinnati, OH
I have tried other charcoal mask and it makes my face burn...has anyone experienced this with the Freeman brand?