BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

Illus. in full color. "While other mice are gathering food for the winter, Frederick seems to daydream the summer away. When dreary winter comes, it is Frederick the poet-mouse who warms his friends and cheers them with his words."-- Wilson Library Bulletin . see more...

Katherine M.
Trent Woods , NC
I simple adore this books, the illustrations are beautiful. Leo Lionni beautifully created the illustrations and story are eye catching and engaging with all readers. Frederick is an unusual sort of mouse not gathering the usual winter supplies, but instead stock piling other supplies that he reveals later....read this wonderful book to find all about what.
Pulchritude P.
Aberdeen, WA
Mice are so much more likeable in a children's book than scuttling across a floor, aren't they? Frederick is no exception. This book is illustrated in the raw - a testament to artistry. Leo Lionni makes no mistake about delivering - as always a virtue or concept or morality right at the hearth of nature.
Samantha W.
Nottingham, MD
Such a sweet little story for children. This book shows the importance of wanting a friend and having a friend and keeping a friend. I have a two and five-year-old and they love to hear the story. In fact all of his stories are wonderfully written.
Bonnie M.
South Hadley, MA
I had almost forgotten all about this book! I used to make my parents read it to me so often they had to buy a second copy! A true classic and a story any paren't and child will love.
Allysa H.
Bauxite, AR
This book is a wonderful read and truly a well written, cute book for those of all ages. I recommend reading this to your children, starting at ages 3-4 or those willing to listen. It is paired with a great plot and adorable images
Branson M.
Seward, NE
Frederick was our first Leo Lionni title, and after reading it we couldn't wait to find more. It is beautifully illustrated, and the story stretches young minds. A must-have for any solid collection of children's literature.
Taylor P.
Marietta, GA
Frederick is one of my favorite Leo Lionni books. I would read it over and over again. It was always a special treat when the library played the video version during the story time.
Kayte G.
San Diego, CA
I love this book as a kid I can almost remember sitting in the classroom while my teacher reddit it was one of my favorites and definitely reminds me of my childhood
Vanessa E.
this is such a cute book that mouse was so adorable i love the story line and i'm sure my daughter would love it too a true classic for kids to read
Christine B.
Tecumseh, MI
This story is a very cute but not as widely known. It's a heartfelt well written tale. The illustrations and the character are well done
Anne W.
Winston Salem, NC
When did you first read this classic story
Raquel L.
What ages is this book for?
Pamela N.
Hamilton , ON
Who is your favourite character in this book ?