BY FRANZIA BROTHERS WINERY DIV #64 in Wine

Table wine with natural flavors. The world's most popular wine. A new beginning - Teresa Franzia, my grandmother, planted her first vineyard along the road to Yosemite in 1906. Her family survived the Prohibition by selling these grapes to home winemakers back East. When Prohibition ended, my father and his six brothers and sisters rebuilt the winery brick by brick, barrel by barrel - everyone pitched in. After the war, my uncle's new advertising slogan, make friends with Franzia, introduced a new generation to wine. As we enter our second century of winemaking, we strive to uphold Teresa's legacy of quality, freshness and value. Not just by winning competitions around the world, but more importantly, by helping to bring the enjoyment of good wine to your home each night. The world's most popular wine is also the world's most cost and carbon efficient wine. We are proud of what we are doing and we plan to do more. Smaller Carbon Footprint: 50% more carbon efficient than 750 ml glass bottles. Lighter than heavy glass bottles, Franzia wine taps require fewer trucks to deliver the same amount of wine resulting in less emissions, less pollution, less cost and less greenhouse gases. Significantly Less Packaging Waste: Franzia wine taps dramatically reduce the environmental burden of excess packaging by creating 85% less waste than traditional glass. Fresh Taste: This award-winning wine stays fresh to the last glass, even after the package has been opened, because Franzia's patented spout and unique inner pouch prevent the oxidation that occurs in half empty wine-in-bottles. Enjoy for at least 6 weeks after opening. Freshness Assurance: Jim Walls, Winemaker. Alc. 9.0% by volume. Packed by Franzia Vineyards, Ripon and Cutler, CA. see more...

• How is this wine? Is it super sweet or is it more of a di...3 Answers
  • I love wine I've never try box wine before have anyone tr...1 Answers
  • I've tried their Red Sangria Wine. Which I LOVE. It's my ...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "I don't particularly know very many people that like to drink it.. besides youngins slapping the bag... there are FAR better cheap red wines and red boxed wines for that matter.. buy it to cook with, that's it. " in 3 reviews
Tiffany P.
OH GOD NO! If your going to buy red, at least buy something that tastes like red. This is miserable, and yes it's cheap but C'mon people! This is a NO to the HELL NO! I have some box wine staples I go to and stay tuned for those reviews. I have nothing else to say on this one.
Destiny O.
Shawnee, OK
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Franzia Brothers Winery Div House Wine Favorites Chillable Red, 5 lt is my go-to boxed wine. It's not expensive and has a great taste. When you drink wine like me... You gotta start buying it in a box. This is the best I've ever had (from a box)!!
Ashley S.
Crossett, AR
I love this brand of boxed wine!!! It is my absolute favorite!! The chillable red is my second favorite! Compared to other brands of wine I prefer this wine as you can get way more bang for your buck. I pay about $20 a box. Overall I would recommend this flavor to anyone who likes red wine. You will be pleasantly surprised!
Battery G.
Waynesburg
Very smooth and nice wine Goes well with dinner has Beautiful packaging and easy to store in my fridge. With spout so you don’t take out of your fridge. Great Flavor I am a returning buyer
Katy T.
New Richmond, WI
I tried this at a work function. I'm normally not huge on reds because of to much tannins and dry flavor, however, this is fantastic! A gentle semi dry that isn't too overwhelming. It paired nicely with the charcuterie tray and desserts we had.
Tracy B.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
My guilty pleasure. It's always a little embarrassing having this on hand, but I don't care. It is perfect for sangria and summer parties! The large size can serve a crowd.
Stacey O.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
My favorite red wine. I drink it when I want to have a really nice nap and it's absolutely delicious and makes me go straight to sleep. Like it's name..chillable. helps you to chill
Brandi M.
Lawnside , NJ
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
This is always on hand at my place. Perfect bold and sweet flavor for red wine and stores great in this box with easy pour. And last for 6 weeks after opened that's my cup of wine.
Claudia C.
San Diego , CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I used to only buy bottled wine until one day i decided to venture into the boxed wine industry and cant say i have any regrets! The chillable red is one of my favorites from the Franzia collection, it is on the sweeter side but not like Stella Rosso might be. I find that for the price, the wine and the other wines from franzia that i have tried are very well worth it. Better flavor than some bottled wines I have tried before
Amy G.
Port Orchard, WA
I love that this wine is served cold-I do not like room temp wine. I also like that it is a bit lighter and less intense than other red wine, and I like that it is sweeter and not as dry without being too sweet (though I do love a sweet blackberry wine), so it doesn't overwhelm light savory dishes with too much sweetness. I like to pair this with my fave salad-romaine and spinach, rotiss chicken, toasted and chopped pecans, craisins or golden raisins, avocado and pear gorgonzola dressing-so good with this wine, and refreshing due to a lighter body and touch of sweet!
Magda D.
Pawtucket , RI
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
How is this wine? Is it super sweet or is it more of a dinner wine?
Rebecca B.
Menomonie, WI
Are there any other flavors that anyone suggests?
Josh P.
How does this wine compare to bottled wines? I'm hesitant to even try boxed wine as it's a strange concept to me and haven't really been too disappointed with bottled wine.
Shanon B.
Camden, NJ
I've tried their Red Sangria Wine. Which I LOVE. It's my fave red wine. How does this compare?
Katlain T.
Apple Valley, CA
Is this wine dry tasting?