Please help! Stranded after accident and cannot reach a human at this car rental company.. Does anyone have a phone number to reach a human near Utah?
I want to rent a car here but I hear they charge you extra once you get to pick up your car ? Is this true? Do they charge you insurance or what is the hidden fee?
Legal de mais
Start your review of Fox Rent-A-Car!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
...very cheap but you do get what you pay for the cars are dirty and the customer service isn't that great.in reviews
We needed a rental car when we went to SF last month and I didn't even consider them because of how poorly they've been talked about.in reviews
It is a little unconventional from the normal car rental companies due to the fact that they cut costs to make sure the end result is passed down to the consumer.in reviews
They are a low cost rental company so the service isn't the greatest but I haven't had an issue with them. in reviews
The guy wasn't very friendly and I didn't have much confidence in his answers.in reviews
Laura M.
Oceanside
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Fox Rent-A-Car uploaded by Laura M.
Let me start by saying I have rented from fox many times and have never been disappointed . I rented this car and feel very lucky I’m alive to emailand complain. I came here for work on Friday Sept 10. I didn’t want the charger , but it was the only car available . I was driving back from Murrieta , decided to stop and get gas. I was on a side street about 830pm on Sept 14. I heard a huge pop . Within seconds tire pressure gauge appeared and tire was at 18 and quickly went to 12, 9,6 . I pulled over to a lot and it was 2. I called 3 times and waited til 11pm The first girl was ok. The second one, Chris RUDE. ARGUMENTATIVE is an understatement . He argued my wait time. He argued about where I was . How I could still drive on the donut 92 miles to airport til 1230 . They wouldn’t let me call USAA. He argued I needed to buy a tire. Now remember no service even came. How I should get a hotel. He had not a clue about anything. I’m in the dark at 11pm during covid with no traffic nothing open with them telling me how by busy they were calling this “3rd party”He was absolutely the most ignorant non understanding customer I’ve ever spoke to. I called again. This lady she was not as bad but not helpful. At this point im angry. Luckily an oreily delivery driver stopped to help. The jack we had was bent . I expected to see a tire with road debris . No. Instead I saw a BALD, CRACKED tire plugged multiple times not fit for the road. I thank God it didn’t happen at a high speed. I truly appreciate the swapping of cars at 3am rather than further wasting my work time the next day as well . I can’t help but wonder the reason was only because the service records were seen at this point and they knew I had bad dangerous tires it’s obvious the plug popped inside . This car should never have been on the road. This is what I want. $839 refund today. If I don’t see the refund I will pursue it legally for extreme negligence as well it was traumatizing to myself and my daughter. Ive already spoken to my local personal Injury lawyer who is also my client . Please Advise ASAP when refund will be appearing. This is a serious issue and while it’s not known to customer service or the desk with handing out cars your service tech should be fired and your roadside team as well!
Mari S.
Seattle, WA
I’ve had very good experiences with this company. They have excellent service and the cars are good too.
Malia R.
Austin
Be Aware! They are horrible! Big scammers! I have tried them twice now. Once in Miami and there they asked $1000 deposit??? So I declined. A second time in Utah. Somehow the reservation I had made expired? I got there a couple hours after the time I selected on their website, and according to them it was not valid anymore (maybe in small print somewhere?) Of course the only thing available was a car more than 2 times as expensive...scammers. In addition they told me their fuel was cheaper so instead of fill it up before you return it they will do it for you and you save some pennies....well not of course. They charged me a full tank...or more. So the only way this MIGHT save you a penny is if you drive it completely empty!!Ohhhh....yeah their attitude was horrible as well. Stay away from them!
Miranda R.
Olathe , KS
The car itself was nice. Price was good. Terrible customer service at the Sea-Tac airport
Kylie C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I used this company a few years ago when I was on vacation. I loved that they let me pay cash instead of charging my credit card. The vehicle was clean and we'll maintained. No hassel car rental!
yuliya G.
Brooklyn park, MN
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Just hate the fact that most of their locations off airport property, and whrn u get to the office the lines are always soooo long and only one or two people working and dont seem to be in any sort of hurry to help
Marilyn S.
Centennial
Avoid this company at all costs! We rented a car for 12:00 noon and did not leave the facility until 2:30 pm. Customer service was terrible. The agent who checked us in was slow and didn't seem to care that people were waiting in line. Even after the paperwork, the car was not ready. He said it had to go through the car wash. Five minutes, 10 minutes, 1/2 an hour passed. Still no car. We asked for the manager. We looked in the car wash. There were a dozen cars in line to go through. Ours was not one of them. I have never seen a more disorganized rental car company and definitely have never waited so long to get the car. If you have to be somewhere fast, you'll be late if you rent a car from Fox. What a joke! If time is money, pay more at a different company because you will spend hours waiting for your rental car. I am surprised this place stays in business!
Danielle S.
N Brookfield, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
My husband and I use Fox every time we go to Orlando. We have never had a problem, they are professional and we are always happy with our cars.
Joy C.
Conestoga , PA
Fox Rent-A-Car uploaded by Joy C.
Nice car choices. Friendly staff. They always have a free shuttle bus if you’re coming from the airport. For the best prices, sign up for their emails and they will provide you with discounts on certain days. The only drawback is, their airport locations are very busy, so expect a long wait. Would recommend and use again.
Taylor L.
I rented one of their cars in California and we ended up getting a flat tire!! We tried calling their “24 hour” car assistance line and got no answer! When we did get an answer, they picked up and hung right back up. I would not recommend them to anyone.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Giulia S.