BY FORMULA X

A bestselling, four-piece customizable manicure kit designed to give you the ultimate, long-lasting salon-quality manicure at home. Get twice the shine and twice the wear*: Stay polished longer and prolong perfection with Formula X's The System. Featuring four essential steps to a flawless, lasting manicure Cleanse, Prime, Color, and Shine these patented formulas are designed to deliver a superior high-gloss finish and ultra long-wearing, chip-resistant color. Start with CLEANSE Nail Cleanser an essential salon secret infused with witch hazel, vitamin E, and cucumber extract to help rid nails of oil and residue and optimize base coat adherence. Next, apply PRIME, an advanced multitasking primer that works to prevent staining, aids in protecting the natural nail, and acts as an adhesive layer, allowing color to take hold for a long-lasting mani. Apply the nail color of your choice, and then seal in your manicure with SHINE, a super glossy, fast-drying top coat that delivers the ultimate gel-like shine and relentless stay-true color. *In an independent study, Formula X The System was tested versus a leading salon brand polish. Results were after eight days of wear. This set contains: - 0.4 oz Nail Cleanser - 0.4 oz Base Coat - 0.4 oz Top Coat - 0.4 oz Nail Color STEP 1: Add The System to your basket. STEP 2: Add one Formula X polish to your basket FREE (discount will be automatically applied at checkout; note: discount not available online in Canada). STEP 3: Get ready for a flawless, long-lasting manicure! see more...

• I would like to try this product ... some recommendations?1 Answers
  • Formula x is now 50% at sephora, are they getting rid of ...2 Answers
  • How good are these2 Answers
Rachael F.
Pittsburgh, PA
OBSESSED is an understatement. I am the type of person who could never go two days without chipping my nail polish. I tried it all, OPI, Essie, Sally Hansen, but this was incredible. My polish lasted over a week (I picked at it - so my fault). While it's time consuming to do on your own, it's so worth it. It definitely saves me money on not getting manicures every few weeks, and the colors are super affordable (about $10). What's great is they have so many options. I'd definitely recommend to a friend and I have bought several as gifts. Must-have!
Kristeen K.
First off, I'm the person who gets chipped nails almost instantly. I work on a computer all day and when I go home I'm either playing video games, working some more on my computer, playing piano, or cleaning. I'm very hard on my nails, especially polish. I honestly expected this to not work for me at all. I followed the directions on the package and started with cleanse first, then put on the bast coat. I used an OPI nail polish and glitter coat - two layers of color and one of glitter, followed lastly by the top coat in 2 layers. I noticed that it took a while to dry completely to it was hard, but that's to be expected when I have 6 layers of product on. Secondly, no matter what... I smudge my nails. I must be too impatient. haha With the Formula X base and top coat I was able to smooth the polish back into place, something I'm not really able to do otherwise. I can't even remember which nail was smudged now. I'm on day 3 of this polish and there is absolutely NO chipping, even on the tips where my nails are constantly being jabbed at piano keys or computer keys. Theses are INCREDIBLE. I'm so glad I bought 2 sets when Sephora had them on sale!
J ..
Formula X is being discontinued by Kendo Holdings (who's under LVMH, Sephora's owner, but Kendo & Sephora are seperate). Kendo will NOT be selling anywhere else - they have stated on their IG.

This system is the original line (Xcel came later). I have been a fan since it was in beta under 'Sephora X.'
Used as a system, it does last weeks without much wear, no peeling either. The base coat is sticky to grab the nail color. The top coat makes a hard shell (on any brand polish). No special remover required. Does dry down quickly, if you need to put on say an oven glove it would be fine.

Under the white cap, is a regular round polish top - Sephora X had black square tops for the brush that never realigned, so that was changed.

This isn't a gel, gel-like in a sense.
Theresa S.
I bought this Set for only 15$ at Sephora didn't expecting much from it, I just saw it as a great opportunity getting a base coat + colour + top coat for cheap!
I must say I'm very impressed! This nailpolish lasted for 5 days! Which is a lot for me. Usually, nailpolish with top and base coat lasts about two days before it starts chipping. I can only reccomend these polishes! I'm in loveee 🙌🏼💗 It also makes a great holiday gift for your friends 🎄
Amy V.
Burien , WA
I got the whole system in a voxbox awhile back and as a update today, I can say that my nail polish stays on so well! Going through all the steps really helps with the lastingness of your nail color. Not only does this work really well with the Formula X nail polish, I found that if you use any other brand with this system, it serves the same which is great because I have a lot of nail polish.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
I love this. I use this every time I paint my nails. It's comes with a cleanse, prime, and long lasting top coat. I feel like it helps really prep my nails for polish and then the top coats definitely helps extend the wear of my nail polish. My right hand might chip a little but my left hand is always perfect and it definitely makes it stay on longer than usual.
Christina C.
Worth every penny! My friend suggested that I try out this kit after I recently decided to stop getting my nails done at the salon. I am so impressed at how inexpensive the whole kit is, how LONG my manicures last, and how quickly it dries after applying. Not to mention that the shine lasts until you take it off! I am so so happy with Formula X!
Katherine C.
Snohomish, WA
The cleanser and the base coat are pretty great. I feel like the top coat makes the polish peel off faster. I bought my set on clearance at TJ Maxx so I really can't complain. Overall I am satisfied with the product.
Julie T.
Ithaca, NY
Use the whole system, and your manicure will last forever! It's a little bit gelly - I wouldn't consider it a typical nail polish. I like it though - instead of chipping, it's more of a peely kind of nail polish. Since it doesn't really chip, it lasts about 6 days with no problems
Maureen M.
Lauderhill, FL
The only ONLY nail polish I use!!! Love the colors!! Disappointed that the line has been discontinued!! Which it wasn't!! Usually bought them from Sephora so I scooped up the last ones I could find to get as many colors!! Highly recommended tho!!
Rose M.
Juneau, AK
I have been curious about this brand but sadly i cannot receive through mail and i am from alaska so not many stores near by that sell these. are they worth trying? is it better than other brands and are the shades really pigmented?
Sarita H.
Mountain View, CA
What color polish did you choose?
Kimberly G.
I have tried formula x regular nail polish and I love it..but does this pack really leave your nails looking like you just had a manicure and a salon? Does it really last a long time?
Jaylee D.
Terre Haute, IN
Those who were chosen for this vox box have you received yours yet?? I had my chosen e-mail over a week ago so I was wondering when I should get mine :-) thank you!
Monika S.
Did you have equally bad experience as I did? It seems like this steps make my nails yellow, nail polish chips easily and 2nd step Prime got its top unglued, basically you can't even use it unless you hold it for small cap that leaves product on your skin.. not really happy with this :(