Formula X The Colors – Nail Polish "TGIF"

BY FORMULA X

What it is:
An array of high performance nail polishes in vivid bolds and elegant neutrals.

What it does:
Classic polish staples just got a makeover with this eye-catching collection—ranging from brights to chic, minimalistic neutrals. Enriched with ShineXcel™—a luminescent ingredient that enhances color and overall shine, each polish’s patented No Compromise formulation offers long-lasting, incredibly-saturated color with a stunning finish.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Pair lacquer with The System for twice the shine, twice the wear* and stay polished longer.
*In an independent study, Formula X The System was tested vs. a leading salon nail polish. Results were after eight days of wear.

This product is a three-free formula. The customized brush design is engineered to complement Formula X’s highly-pigmented formula with precise lacquer application.

• Is this nail polish good? Do it last better than Essie?18 Answers
  • Does anyone know if this product takes along time to dry? 33 Answers
  • Are these colors pigmented1 Answers
Formula X The Colors – Nail Polish
Formula X The Colors – Nail Polish "TGIF"
Christine M.
Christine M.
Rhome, TX
I am in love with this system! I will definitely be using this with other polishes to see how it holds up! The system all has the same brush which was a lil wide and awkward except the polish has a normal thin brush. CLEANSE kinda freaked me out because it looked like it had dried out my nails.I understand it is supposed to, but I had never seen my nails so dry. The brush with CLEANSE was really awkward because it's not the same consistency as polish. It was more like water so the brush didn't behave like I would expect it to and it kinda split the brush into two sections while applying which made it more difficult to use. PRIME had the same brush and by the time I finished my last nail I had gotten more comfortable with it but it was difficult to use on my pinkies which are about the same width as the brush. When I swatched the polish on a nail wheel it looked like it was going to be a one coat wonder. It did not apply the same way to my nail. It was a very uneven with the first coat even gloopy on a few nails like it was drying too fast to even out. One of my nails was AWFUL. It was completely gooped up on the top corner of my nail but after a second coat it completely evened out. I was completely SHOCKED! Then with the SHINE top coat it looked perfect. I couldn't have asked for more! I was doubtful on how long it would last because I'm pretty rough with my nails and usually get a chip within at the very least 4-5 days. I'm now on day 11 and there is barely even tip wear. I'm AMAZED and will be using this from now on. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.
Sara K.
Sara K.
Millersville , PA
I got this nail polish free to review thanks to #influenster and #formulax #systemaddict. The color is a very pretty coral pink. Its not super bright so its a great color to wear all year long and as we are transitioning into fall! However the application wasn't the best. The formula was very thick and I had a hard time trying to apply it using the beauty school 3 swipes and done. It was more like 5+ swipes trying to get it to lay flat and cover. This coming from someone who does their nails all the time with all the fancy designs and trimmings. I think if the brush had softer more flexible bristles it would be much easier to apply and get that even full coverage. You'll need to do two coats of this color to get the full coverage. I also found that it was harder to control and get it to go where I wanted than all of my other nail polish brands. This led to me getting nail polish on my skin which very rarely happens unless i'm painting my nails in the car lol. It does last but so do other brands I enjoy and depending on how I apply I can make any polish last for awhile. I like everything else from this brand but this polish is probably not something I'd replace my favorites with yet. I'd have to try some more colors to see if they are all the same.
Ashley Sue B.
Ashley Sue B.
Raleigh, NC
I received this free for review from FormulaX and Influenster. The color is gorgeous in the bottle and I was really excited! It's a fun gorgeous vivid coral - a perfect coral pink. Unfortunately, the fun mostly stopped there. The brushes are really thick and coarse and cheap - much like those cheap paint brushes elementary school kids are given for tempera paints in art class. The consequence is that even with a steady, experienced hand, the polish goes everywhere. Seriously, the polish is SO thick and won't go on easy. It goes on thick and creates odd clumps and lines - which to be fair DO level themselves out. I haven't had a gel manicure before, so maybe that's the way gel-type polish work. The polish does dry incredibly fast and the shine is gorgeous. It withstands a lot of pressure and looks sharp. I think the annoying thickness gives it special staying power, and after a week of wearing it CHIP-FREE despite a job that is grueling on my nails, I can testify to that. This color, however, did pull orange on me. On my pale olive skin, it looks coral orange, or peach, instead coral pink. I really wanted that hint of pink to show. I'd still recommend it to try.
Brianna T.
Brianna T.
Redlands, CA
Hello! First off I need to let everyone know that this product was sent to me for free by Influenster to test and write an honest review about it.

In the package I received the nail polish set with the color "TGIF" ( a really pretty coral color that isn't too bright or too dull) and I also got a container of nail polish remover. The nail polish remover cracked open during shipping and not only can I not review the remover, I also had to spend about 30 minutes peeling off little pieces of the packaging that fused to the bottles of polish.

This is a four-step nail painting system. The claims are that when finished and if done right that you will have a gel like manicure, this couldn't be more wrong. I followed the directions that were included and the only thing that I got was a super thick layer of polish on each nail that ended up chipping the very next day. I also wanted to mention that the bristles on the brushes for steps one and two were coming off into the bottle.

I am happy that I was sent this product for free because I would have been very upset if I had to pay for it.
Crystal L.
Crystal L.
I received my #influenstervoxbox @formulaxnail from @influenster for testing, I'm a #SystemAddict #influenster doing #testing and #contest about this #formulaXnaillacquers #XCEL

So I have tried out many polishes, many systems that's were supposed to make my polish last, but sadly very few lived up to the task, save one zoya polish systems. But now, I'll trust two, formula X nail lacquers actually dose what it says it will! It lasts!! It stays put, drys fast, looks great, dose not start chipping and scratching after a single day of wear.
Now to give you a idea of what I put my polish through...I am the dish washer, lawnmower, bike fixed, car tuner, house cleaner and all around handy women. My polish goes through a LOT in one day.
That said, I didn't see wear and tear on my polish until day three, and that was just that I scrapped one nail really badly and it now looks like I pulled a hair off my polish as it was drying, so. Ask my only noticeable to me!
I'm quite impressed.

Glad for the opportunity to test and review this great polish!

Michelle S.
I would like to begin with the obvious.. I recieved this for free, in return for my honest and unbiased review, from Influenster.

When I recieved my box, very late, it had been damaged. The nail polish remover had leaked out all inside the box. Fusing the TGIF's wrapping to the bottle, and even melting the lid of the bottle in a couple places. So after cleaning up the mess and taking roughly 20 minutes to remove the wrapping from the bottle, I was running short on time. (I'm a mother of two toddlers and rarely get time to myself.) I rushed to take a few photos, so I could start my mani...

Although the color is very beautiful, (I love coral) I was very disappointed to find that this particular nail polish goes on very thick and clumpy. And took forever to dry! Something that a busy mom, like myself, just can't afford to mess with.

I'm sure under different circumstances, and if I had more time to myself, this nail polish wouldn't be so bad. But unfortunately, that isn't so.
Melissa O.
Melissa O.
Las Vegas, NV
I'll preface this by saying that I received this #FormulaX polish as part of a VoxBox. AWESOMMMMME!

Also included in the box were Delete All, a 5 finger polish removal sponge/container, and the System XCEL. Sadly, the Delete all popped open and leaked on everything, but they used to do that back in the day (about 2-2.5 years ago) when I used to do Ops backstage at Sephora. Still a F&*^&ing awesome product- 5 finger removal in less than 5 seconds.

To the polish... I'll be honest, it's not really a color I'll actually wear (pinks/corals/reds aren't really my thing), but it IS a very pretty color for summer! It was definitely on the thick side, and slightly gloopy and problematic to work with, but I managed to get full coverage in 2 coats. I've had great luck with the system, it actually wears really well on me. I've had manicures last upwards of a week, which is a GD miracle.

All in all, I think this stuff is pretty awesome, even if I WOULD choose a different color. :D
Neelam R.
Neelam R.
I received the Formula X-TGIF Nail color in my SYSTEM XCEL Nail Set. This is the first time, I have tried the Formula-X brand. My first impression of the color was that its a bright & bold color. I never wore this color before but I want to try it, to see, whether I can pull on this color or not! The formula of nail polish is thick and I had to apply 2 coats for a good finish. Really impressed the way it dried super quickly. But, the brush was not good, it was not wide and that makes its application little difficult. Thats, why, I gave 4 stars. I Wish they improve the design of the brush! To my surprise, the nail color looked really good on my skin tone. Its a pretty color, apt for summer. It looked more coral on me and not pinkish. Also, it stayed well on my nails for good 5 days, no chipping till then, even though I do dishes with my hands. After, that it start to chip slowly. I recommend it because it is a pretty color and chip resistant!
Carra D.
Carra D.
Clearwater, FL
I received this as part of The System Xcel voxbox. I loved the color its a pink/ coral like color which is fun, colorful, & flirty.
The application was a pain. The formula is thick and hard to work with to get an even coat. The brush wasn't as wide either. The first time I used it I had an air bubble that i didn't notice and didn't feel like fixing. The second time I had to redo a few nails 2-3 times to get it perfect. Which is not something I want to deal with while doing my nails. It also had weird lines in it while I did it which is why I did 2 coats. I did 2 coats though the first coat was opaque , the second coat makes it just right. I had to do more cleaning up after applying as well because of the fomula. Im not sure if its just this color or if they are all like this. I think if they fixed the formula ( not as thick) and fixed the brush ( more flexible/wider) It would make this polish much better.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Hayden, AL
- I got this #FormulaX nail polish as a part of an @Influenster #VoxBox (shout out!)

- This nail polish is such a great color! It's very pink-- like a bright girly barbie pink!

-The polish dries VERY quick. So quickly, in fact, that I didn't have to worry about ruining my freshly painted nails on one hand to paint the other!

-Despite being a pretty pink color (which in my experience always requires a bazillion coats of polish to get decent coverage) I only needed one coat of color. This is especially important if I need to semi glob it on at first to avoid brushstrokes!

-If I had to find one flaw, I'd say it was the brush itself. It's pretty long and skinny and left ugly brush strokes unless I either had a looooot of polish on the brush or had very steady hands...which I most certainly don't have.

Summary: great summer color, dries FAST, brush leaves much to be desired. Oh, and #GotItFree
Michelle S.
Does anyone know if this product takes along time to dry?
Tammy H.
Tammy H.
East Hartford, CT
Is this nail polish good? Do it last better than Essie?
Kim B.
Kim B.
Everyone says that this goes on so well and looks perfect - what if you're bad a painting your nails? Will this still look good?
Megan C.
Megan C.
Matthews, NC
Did anyone else have trouble applying this? It seemed super thick to me and it didn't go on smooth at all. How did you get it to go on evenly and nice looking?
sofia c.
sofia c.
How much time this polish stay in the nails??