28 colors available

BY FORMULA X #71 in Nail Polish

An array of high-performance nail polishes in vivid bolds and elegant neutrals. Classic polish staples just got a makeover with this eye-catching collection ranging from brights to chic, minimalistic neutrals. Enriched with ShineXcel™ a luminescent ingredient that enhances color and overall shine, each polish's patented No Compromise formulation offers long-lasting, incredibly-saturated color with a stunning finish.

It is formulated without:

- Parabens

- Sulfates

- Phthalates

Pair lacquer with The System for twice the shine, twice the wear* and stay polished longer.

*In an independent study, Formula X The System was tested vs. a leading salon nail polish. Results were after eight days of wear. This product is a three-free formula. The customized brush design is engineered to complement Formula X's highly-pigmented formula with precise lacquer application.

• Where can I buy these at? 7 Answers
  • Anyone know why Sephora is discontinuing this nail polish line? 2 Answers
  • They really work? Or they chip easily?? 4 Answers
Amanda J.
Amanda J.
Riverview, FL
Review for: Ignite
I recently was given a sample of Formula X nail polish from a friend. It was in this very deep red color: Ignite. Now, I’m not usually one to wear bold nail polish colors and I usually steer away from red hues because it’s very unforgiving. If you paint your nails yourself you know that red can show every little flaw of you mess up. However, this color was just so very beautiful that I could not pass up giving it a try.
I love this color! It’s so bold and makes my nails pop. Also, I’m not sure what it is about this color but it makes me feel so very beauty every time I look at it and almost makes my hand feel dainty. It’s a very romantic color and makes me wanna run on and buy some va-va-voom deep red lipstick to go with it. It went on very smooth and actually looked good after just one coat. I went ahead and did two but I’m just sayin’…this stuff is legit.
Lee V.
Lee V.
Corp Christi, TX
Its that time of year again! the holidays! With all the Christmas shopping and the party outfit shopping one can save the few extra dollars by doing at home mani-pedies.

As much as i would like to have a different Christmas Mani and New Years mani, with only a few days separating Christmas and New Years, and all the hectic traveling to see family in between, I seldom have time to even attempt to re do my nails.

Formula X when used with a good rubberized bottom coat and their top coat, the color has amazing staying power. And with Shades like Lead Foot, Temptation, Revved Up, and Huntress, you have effortless holiday appropriate nails that can go with any holiday outfit. If you are feeling extra holiday feels, use Legendary as your base color and then with a fain tip design brush use dainty and Lead foot to create little snowflakes.
sara t.
sara t.
Review for: Revved Up
Love Love Love Formula X! Decided to do my nails, everything was perfect, I was outside, lol, I went to go back in my house and I slipped on my deck and ruined my funky cool design. 😒 not amused... I can laugh Tho, 😂.
any who, I used 4 Brands, each a Shade of Purple. 2 Matte, 2 Shimmery and for an extra kick of sparkle? I used my Naked Cosmetics purple sparkly powder from the Naturally Nude Collection I purchased a couple of months ago. it's a awesome product(s), versatile. For Eyes, Lips, Hair, Nails. on each nail, I put a little trail of the powder in the center of my nails and it looked super pretty. oh well! so, the shades : Formula X in cosmic; Ulta in lilac; Pacifica in purple haze; Trust Fund in elegantly wasted. lol... silly
Whitney P.
Whitney P.
Melville, LA
I'm a nail technician & I've never seen a gel effects polish that works as wonderful as FormulaX!! I use this polish on my nails & would recommend it to my clients any day!! The length of wear is impeccable. The polish is completely dry in two minutes (literally, two minutes!) Being a nail technician, I've spoiled myself wearing gel polish on my nails & this is absolutely the ONLY non-gel polish I would ever wear. Coming from a nail technician, I haven't experienced any of my usual polish troubles with this polish. Great consistency, boldly pigmented, wonderful coverage, easy to use brush; I love it even down to the shape of the bottle, super easy to hold. Best polish I've ever used!!
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
San Antonio, TX
If you know anything about me, you know my long-time obsession with nail products (my friends literally come over and pick out nail polish like I'm a nail salon.) This product has been on my nails constantly this Summer and, even though rose gold is more of a summertime color, I probably will continue to wear this year round. Formula X's Revved Up is described as a rose gold metallic and I feel like this color and formula is so versatile. This color lasts for such a long time and is the perfect rose gold shimmer without the chunks of glitter most metallic polishes have. Yet another nail brand to add to my polish addiction (and I couldn't recommend it more.)
Mary P.
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
I bought some Formula X polishes as part of the Black Friday deals at Sephora and just got around to using them because I recently switched jobs and couldn't wear nail polish before. They're amazing! They offer tones and shades that are really outside of some other brand's offerings which, when layered, make for some really amazing and memorable looks. The formula lasts a few days on its own without a top coat, and the super pigmentation of the polishes meant I only had to apply two coats to get a completely opaque look! Even after one coat, the coverage was amazing. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a new polish!
Ariel K.
Ariel K.
Englewood, CO
Bought the Formula X nail polish in Obsessed for this fall season because I really wanted a great burgundy color for my nails. I've used it twice already and it's a gorgeous color. The only problem is that I'm very tough on my hands and so nail colors don't usually last very long unless they're very nearly indestructible, this brand was no exception. I had it on for two days before it began to peel on the corners. I will still use it and will probably buy more colors because I absolutely love their shades and I can totally recommend it for my friends who aren't as tough on their finger nails as I am.
Megan
Megan
I've always gotten my nails done because nothing is worse than painting your nails and having it smudge instantly or chip within a day! My friend actually told me about this product and how amazing it was...I didn't believe her.
The nail Polish is opaque, thick and glides evenly. It dries SO FAST!!! It did not chip on me at all and I had it on for 3 weeks which I think is bizarre. Also, I used a mauve shade to cover up black acrylics I had on..I did not think it would work out, however it covered with ONE COAT!! it's incredible. Must buy.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Portland, OR
I'm reviewing the color Huntress. I received it one of my Ipsy bags. When I first looked at it I thought it was way too dark and a forest green color. As a I put it on my nail I realized it was a very dark green blue with a bit of shimmer to it! It only took 2 coats for it to look phenomenal! I've used Formula X before and loved it! The polish stays on for about 2 weeks before chipping. Always has a beautiful shine. only takes 2 coats. and doesn't take forever to dry! I love it
Amber M.
Amber M.
Omaha, NE
I received the Formula X color in Huntress from Ipsy and fell in love!!!! It's perfect for the holiday season for me as I like beautiful greens and blues for the holidays instead of just red, silver, or gold. I am totally addicted to this shade but I can't seem to find it anywhere! Which breaks my heart because I NEED this color in my life and now!!!! If you know how to find it please leave a comment and tell me!!! I will keep hunting for this color!!!
Lindsey P.
Lindsey P.
Phila, PA
About how long does the polish last ??
Caroline Y.
Caroline Y.
Where can I buy these at?
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Rossville, GA
Is it a fast drying nail polish?
Amy Q.
Amy Q.
How long does the polish typically last without chipping?
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Kissimmee, FL
They really work? Or they chip easily??