BY FORMULA X

An array of high-performance nail polishes in vivid bolds and elegant neutrals. Classic polish staples just got a makeover with this eye-catching collection ranging from brights to chic, minimalistic neutrals. Enriched with ShineXcel™ a luminescent ingredient that enhances color and overall shine, each polish's patented No Compromise formulation offers long-lasting, incredibly-saturated color with a stunning finish.

It is formulated without:

- Parabens

- Sulfates

- Phthalates

Pair lacquer with The System for twice the shine, twice the wear* and stay polished longer.

*In an independent study, Formula X The System was tested vs. a leading salon nail polish. Results were after eight days of wear. This product is a three-free formula. The customized brush design is engineered to complement Formula X's highly-pigmented formula with precise lacquer application.

• Where can I buy these at? 7 Answers
  • Anyone know why Sephora is discontinuing this nail polish line? 2 Answers
  • They really work? Or they chip easily?? 4 Answers
Kristen M.
Review for: Other more...
I think Sephora is discontinuing the Formula X nail polishes, but these often pop up in the sale section of Sephora. I picked these up from there for $2 each! I thought it was such a good price for these and I absolutely love the formula. It lasts probably around 2 weeks before chipping so it’s totally worth the price. Will definitely be repurchasing more of these when Sephora adds more to their sale section.
Marielle N.
Baltimore, MD
Hands down my absolute favorite nail polish. I have well over 200 (prob closer to 300) polishes and have tried every different brand: OPI, Essie, Butter, Deborah Lippmann, Zoya, Julep, etc etc. But when I discovered Formula X it was a game changer. Plus when they go on sale at Sephora they are only $5 ;)
The color selection is great and most colors I've tried are pigmented for coverage in 2 thin coats. I will advise that some of the glitters (even those not labeled as effects top coats) can be sheer and need more than 2 coats. But they go on easily, dry fast and last! They're neither too thick nor too thin. I am obsessed.
Elyse S.
Kissimmee, FL
I got the formula x in huntress from my secret Santa this year. The Polish is a nice deep metallic blackish green, which I love. It is super pigmented so if applied properly, you might not need a second coat! I see a lot of people saying that they didn't use a base or top coat. I always use a base coat to protect my nails and I use a top coat to keep it shiny but you really don't need the top coat. It's a great polish and I will probably get more colors from this brand!
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
Amazing nail polish with a HUGE selection of colors. I promise you, any color your heart longs for... Formula will have... in 10 shades.

The formula of the nail polish is smooth yet very opaque. Most of the time, one coat is enough but some colors can get deeper and darker with multiple coats, which gives it a gel-like look. Price wise, they are a little more expensive ($10+) but their quality is comparable to Essie and other cheaper brands.

Will continue using this nail polish as long as they keep making awesome shades in different finishes! Great product.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
I really like the formula x nail polish that I received in my ipsy bag a few months ago! I wish the size was a little bigger as you have to use a couple layers to get the acquired look! It does stay on long which is why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars! I would definitely check out the formula x line if you are truly looking for a longer lasting nail polish that won't break the bank!
Ashley R.
portland, OR
I'm reviewing the color Huntress. I received it one of my Ipsy bags. When I first looked at it I thought it was way too dark and a forest green color. As a I put it on my nail I realized it was a very dark green blue with a bit of shimmer to it! It only took 2 coats for it to look phenomenal! I've used Formula X before and loved it! The polish stays on for about 2 weeks before chipping. Always has a beautiful shine. only takes 2 coats. and doesn't take forever to dry! I love it
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
I caught a bunch of Formula X on sale at Sephora for $5 a piece. A very good price because they are full coverage and are equivalent to professional fingernail polish. I have used this brand several times and I love how it lasts the whole time. The names of the polish are really cute as well. I will be wearing UNMISTAKABLE for March. It's a really pretty pastel green. Lol
Andi K.
Kansas City, MO
I got a sample bottle of Formula X in Huntress (dark green) in my November Ipsy box. It has a metallic sheen. I painted my toes and found the formula to be on the thinner side, but still opaque. It dried so fast, I started to get suspicious that it was a 99c drug store lacquer. To my surprise, my pedicure looked perfect for two weeks! No base coat or top coat, even, just Formula X. Definitely will buy a full-size of this brand.
Imani H.
I really enjoy Formula X products, all of mine I've gotten from Sephora. They aren't very pricey but catching them on sale is always nice. I really enjoy the color range that formula X has, which is why I have so many of them. They last for a decent amount of time; I like to change my nail color up frequently so I like that they stay on during that time. I like to use the cleanser, base coat, and top coat by them in conjunction with their polishes as they help maintain the color and prevent chipping as well.
Nati D.
Formula X Nail Color in Revved Up - This bottle is ridiculously tiny. I was secretly fearing It wouldn't be enough for me to do my nails and toes but I was able to! The color's a Rose Gold but it's really pretty in person. Oh, and the consistency isn't quite glittery. It's much more dense.
Lindsey P.
Phila, PA
About how long does the polish last ??
Caroline Y.
Where can I buy these at?
Amanda R.
Rossville, GA
Is it a fast drying nail polish?
Amy Q.
How long does the polish typically last without chipping?
Melissa R.
Kissimmee , FL
They really work? Or they chip easily??