BY FORMULA X #73 in Nail Polish Top Coats

An ultraglossy and quick-dry, high-performance top coat top that amplifies your lacquer's shine and lasts. Infused with the ultimate in long-wear technology, this high-performance top coat extends the wear time of your lacquer while amplifying your lacquer's shine. Sephora's patented formulation delivers invisible anti-chip technology and resistance to water and detergents. It is formulated Without: - Parabens see more...

• I've heard this works better than the sèche vite topcoat....2 Answers
  • Anyone have any experience with the product system? I'm ...1 Answers
  • I've been looking for a new top coat and I was wondering ...3 Answers
Formula X SHINE - Top Coat 0.4 oz
  • "The top coat perfectly seals in the color and keeps your mani looking fresh, bright, and chip free for at least a week (and I can usually get a good 10 days out of it!)." in 3 reviews
  • "It's also pretty good for minimal chipping." in 1 review
  • "Not that this brand of nail polish needs a top coat, but this stuff really makes it last!" in 1 review
Brenda O.
It was alright until it got to about half of the bottle, then it turned super thick and stringy and left tons of bubbles. Had to throw it out. It is a shame considering that it is on the same price range as OPI and China Glaze. Even my adored   Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel had never done that, used it until the brush no longer reached the bottom.

Melissa D.
Union City, GA
I got this polish along with the whole set that has the cleanser and base coat. It really does offer a gorgeous shine no matter what polish I use underneath. This has quickly become one of my favorite top coats. I would definitely recommend this polish and if you can get the set, do it.
Gabriela Z.
Vancouver, WA
This is a great top coat. You can add it on top of sheer, creamy, or even glittery nail polishes, and your color will last longer. It doesn't chip. And it is glossy and thick enough so your nails will be smooth to the touch, even if you are wearing a glittery nail polish. As a plus, it also makes it easy to remove by peeling off everything all at once.
Jodi W.
Beaumont, CA
I really like this top coat! I feel it helps my nails dry quicker, the brush is very big and dense so it's easy to apply with one to two strokes. It leaves a great shine afterwards!
Vicky C.
Danbury, CT
Sephora's Formula X line is the BEST polish system out there. The top coat perfectly seals in the color and keeps your mani looking fresh, bright, and chip free for at least a week (and I can usually get a good 10 days out of it!). I don't know what is in this stuff, but if you are looking for a lasting at home manicure...get your hands on the entire kit (including the nail cleaner, base coat & top coat)!
Danielle N.
Lapeer, MI
I use this top coat as part of the Formula X system, with base coat, nail cleanser and the formula x polish. I LOVE this stuff. I paint my nails once a week and it stays perfect, and shiny all week. I use the creme colors and have had great luck. The metallics don't do as well. This top coat stays so shiny, is self leveling and truly makes the manicure stay on for at least seven days.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
If you're looking for a top coat that gives you the gel nail polish effect, this is it. My nails were so shiny after this. I feel like it dulls a tad bit after a few days but it's still extremely shiny. It also helps keep on my nail polish so much. It's been a couple days and I've only had to retouch the tips on a few nails on my dominant hand (which were painted bad by my non dominant hand).
Elizabeth R.
Lake Oswego, OR
If you are not using the X system you are missing out! I can get one full week with absolutely no chipping and I don't have to go to the salon and have the damaging UV rays from the shellac driers. This has been on for 5 days. Zero chips!
Carol D.
I used to get my nails done at the salon every two weeks religiously!!! The cost of that was crazy, so I recently bought a few Formula X polishes from Sephora and bought this top coat to go with them. This top coat gives a ton of shine and makes my manicures/pedicures last at least two weeks. Its a must buy.
Lakeidra S.
This has to be the shiniest top coat I've ever used! It makes your nail polish last for at least a week if not longer, especially when used with the rest of the Formula X line. I've repurchased this brand multiple times and I'm still in love. I highly recommend!
Cassidy P.
Bradenton, FL
I've been looking for a new top coat and I was wondering if this was good? I always here so many good things about it!
Brittany H.
Lewisville, TX
I've heard this works better than the sèche vite topcoat. Is this quick drying?
Beth Ann B.
Greenville, WV
I'm a huge fan of the Formula X Brand. My question for this topcoat is does it dry quickly as it claims to? -Also, does it leave really leave an ultra glossy finish to the nail as well as provide a long resistance time to chipping? Thanks! Beth Ann <3
Meryll P.
Anyone have any experience with the product system? I'm currently using Julep polishes and am looking for that plump gel look. Thanks!
Beth Ann B.
Greenville, WV
First of all, I'm a huge fan of the Formula X Nail Brand. I find the polishes dry very quickly even without a topcoat. This Top Coat by Formula X got excellent reviews ; they were all five stars. My question is this: Does it dry as quickly as it claims...? Also leaving and ultra glossy finish to your nails with a high resistance to chipping?