Emily P.
Emily P.
Reading, PA

Do you think the quality of the products at Forever 21 have declined over the years, as the price of them increased?
Robin J.
Robin J.
July 20, 2013, 10:06 p.m.
Nothing is made like it was before. That runs from appliances to cars with clothing being no exception.
Arielle B.
Arielle B.
July 17, 2013, 7:59 p.m.
I deffinitely think so. When forever21 first opened, at least in the location by me, they had awesome clothes and awesome deals! Now I feel that the prices have gone way up and frankly, for the quality of the item, sometimes its just not worth it.
Emily R.
Emily R.
July 17, 2013, 7:23 p.m.
Yes, I think the more people that shop there, the quicker and cheaper they are making their clothing.
Annabelle S.
Annabelle S.
July 16, 2013, 11:40 a.m.
Some of the clothing is not as good of a quality as they use to be, but its not horrible either. The shoes are definitely really good quality !
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
July 6, 2013, 2 p.m.
Sometimes the tops shrink in the wash
Sandra S.
Sandra S.
July 6, 2013, 12:49 a.m.
It probably depends on what you buy
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
July 5, 2013, 12:34 p.m.
I haven't had a problem with things falling apart like I have at American Eagle. Probably depends on what you are buying. I know I have seen a few things that were of questionable quality, but I purposely avoid those items.
Serina D.
Serina D.
July 5, 2013, 1:45 a.m.
Yes, I can only wear something a few times before it falls apart :/
Angela H.
Angela H.
June 29, 2013, 2:27 p.m.
Yes, I've noticed that the pieces don't last as long and the prices are going up!
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
June 28, 2013, 3:08 p.m.
I think it depends on the item, but every store has had its prices increase because of the poor economy. I haven't noticed a decline in quality of the items I've bought!
Shannon H.
Shannon H.
June 25, 2013, 11:26 p.m.
I definitely think so! I've noticed that over the past few years that the prices have been increasing while the quality of the product has been declining. A lot of their products that I've purchased a few years ago are still in good condition, while the products that I've bought recently definitely aren't lasting very well.
Joan Y.
Joan Y.
June 4, 2013, 2:27 p.m.
Omg most defiantly! I buy clothes from there sometimes and it's like I could have just went into rue 21 and bought the same quality for half the price. My things are always falling apart and it agrivates me so! I have to really love something here to buy it
Brittany B.
Brittany B.
May 21, 2013, 10:39 p.m.
I think the clothing and jewelry quality has stayed the same but the prices have increased, it's a tad over priced for the crap you buy
Mandy G.
Mandy G.
May 16, 2013, 4:33 p.m.
Not really.
Kimberly F.
Kimberly F.
May 16, 2013, 3:50 p.m.
I think the price has adjusted as everywhere else has. I think the quality has gotten much better and is worth the little extra.
Samantha K.
Samantha K.
May 7, 2013, 10:19 p.m.
Yes!!! Since H&M have been popping up everywhere in Dallas I've started to shop there instead.
Erica C.
Erica C.
May 4, 2013, 7:44 p.m.
Yes and the freaking sizes shrank too
Celeste K.
Celeste K.
April 11, 2013, 2:42 p.m.
Definitely!!!
Jarin B.
Jarin B.
March 29, 2013, 7:57 p.m.
Yes. The clothes are cheap but cheaply built as well...everything is poor quality...
Justine Y.
Justine Y.
March 21, 2013, 7:18 p.m.
Yes. Absolutely. All their clothes are starting to look the same and their quality is so bad that one rigorous day of wear can rip a tank top to shreds.
Sharde R.
Sharde R.
March 21, 2013, 1:13 p.m.
I feel that Forever 21 has been trying to compete with other popular chain stores such as H&M and Zara with their styles but unfortunately does not have the right production team or budget to get more expensive tasteful look. They've been raising their prices to show that they have more updated products but they don't last as long or look cheap.
Andrea H.
Andrea H.
March 20, 2013, 9:38 p.m.
Yes! My clothes used to last longer and I feel like they were more affordable! I also think they were lower maintenance most of the time
Corinna C.
Corinna C.
March 11, 2013, 10:57 a.m.
I agree. Their prices really aren't as great (minus some of their jewelry and $3 tank tops) - I feel like I could get better quality for the same price as some of their clothes at Express (using coupons, of course - I recently got 2 shirts there for $20, which is the same as Forever 21)
March 9, 2013, 7:45 p.m.
I think before they grew their company the clothes was better quality but as of now the more expensive clothes is the one with somewhat quality unlike the $3 skirts etc.
Jenna F.
Jenna F.
March 6, 2013, 9:21 a.m.
I have purchased a lot of clothes from Forever 21 that range in price and quality. I think it really is "you get what you pay for". Also, clothes now are supposed to look like they are warn, vintage, holes, etc. so it will appear that the quality is even less than it is.
March 4, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
I think it depends on the item. I haven't really noticed the price increasing. But in some items I have noticed poor quality. But I have other items from this store that hold up great.
Amber J.
Amber J.
Feb. 27, 2013, 7:29 p.m.
A lot of clothes i have purchased tend to fall apart..tear...or shrink. Its a shame ! I now only shop at the buckle. They are more pricey however you get what you pay for. :)
Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.
Feb. 25, 2013, 12:52 p.m.
Yes! I miss the old prices.
Tara C.
Tara C.
Feb. 16, 2013, 12:23 p.m.
I think it depends on the item you are talking about.I feel like some of their shirts and dresses have gone down in quality but they are still very cheap. The nicer items cost more but it makes sense.
Jocelyn C.
Totally!
Nadia H.
Nadia H.
Feb. 10, 2013, 4:49 p.m.
I would definitely say yes. Their jackets are so thin they could be considered cardigans. When I bought a pair of their jeans, I had blue dye all over my legs. Don't even start with me on their shoes...
Jan. 31, 2013, 9:09 p.m.
Yes! slowly i think theyve been increasing the prices quality i haven't seen decrease very much but price definitely
Jan. 31, 2013, 9:09 p.m.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Jan. 30, 2013, 5:41 p.m.
I definitely think it has. A few months ago I saw this shirt I absolutely loved and I bought it even though it was more expensive than I thought it should be. I wore it and washed it once and it came out with 2 holes on the front of the shirt. I was so bummed. Now as I shop here, I find that things have seemed to be a bit more pricey. Which bums me out since I'm on a college budget.
Erin C.
Erin C.
Jan. 20, 2013, 6:55 p.m.
I do think the quality of some things has decreased while the price has increased. I worked there for only 6 months, and in that time I noticed a difference in quality.
Eleyse M.
Eleyse M.
Jan. 16, 2013, 3:51 p.m.
Sometimes honestly, the answer is yes
Asha D.
Asha D.
Jan. 13, 2013, 4:34 p.m.
I think the quality has actually increased, and the prices have followed in order to keep up with the competition (namely H&M). Their popularity has fallen. Perhaps if they get some celeb endorsements it'll pick back up.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Jan. 13, 2013, 5:38 a.m.
Yes, after a few washes its never the same again
Jamie V.
Jamie V.
Jan. 12, 2013, 6:14 p.m.
Yes. Basically majority, if not all stores, have increased their prices per year. However, I do agree that the quality has declined somewhat. There are hits but definitely more misses.
Christina B.
Christina B.
Jan. 9, 2013, 8:07 a.m.
100 % YES. the quality of the stuff declines every time I order, I am considering not ordering anymore all together.
Michelle H.
Michelle H.
Dec. 24, 2012, 6:48 p.m.
I think it depends on where you live. I am in NY and the products get better while the price seems to remain relatively the same. I've been to Forever 21 stores in other states and felt like I was at Filene's Basement
shina h.
shina h.
Dec. 21, 2012, 11:21 a.m.
Yes! I rarely buy things from them but when I do it's a $15 top. Some are over $25!
Jessica L.
Jessica L.
Dec. 20, 2012, 9:27 p.m.
Yes, the clothing is marked up higher while also being a lot more disposable than it was before. For example, I just bought a sweater from F21 online that was almost $30 and for the quality, it should have been about $12.
Daisy S.
Daisy S.
Dec. 19, 2012, 10:16 p.m.
I do feel like some of their clothes the quality isn't that great but you do find hidden gems in the store which are perfect
Abby B.
Abby B.
Dec. 15, 2012, 6:15 a.m.
Definitely. In high school I bought several fancier cocktail dresses that I still wear. This was 5 years ago. Now the clothes barely hold up a couple years, and they are at least 2x the price. Still pretty inexpensive, but now more proportional for the quality of the clothing.
Julie T.
Julie T.
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:15 p.m.
Overall yes, the general merch is typically high adorable factor and low quality. However, you can find great quality items there it just requires a little more tag reading and a little research.
Emi V.
Emi V.
Dec. 11, 2012, 11:35 a.m.
It definitely has. I believe that the more and more people started to realize how great the quality but cheap the products at forever was they decided to make cheaper clothing to get those who where being previously to continue buying. I think they felt that they tricked us into believing that it is the same quality, but anyone and everyone can see that it is not. In all beggers cant be choosers
Debbie-Ann W.
Debbie-Ann W.
Dec. 5, 2012, 4:34 p.m.
ABSOLUTELY. I was just about to write a review saying the same things!! I still have clothes that I purchased when it was a fairly new store and I can see the difference in the quality. Those clothes that I bought are still intact. While these new clothes are made of cheaper quality material, loose strings everywhere. You can practically see through them and they're getting more expensive... Now they have the luxe version of the line which is what the clothes they used to put out were!
Dec. 5, 2012, 10:36 a.m.
Yes and no .Some garmets have declined but some are still in the better quality. Eventhough some of the quality is not that good the prices are reasonable for some
Dec. 5, 2012, 10:36 a.m.
Sahara P.
Sahara P.
Dec. 3, 2012, 8:20 a.m.
Yes it certainly has!
Casey W.
Casey W.
Dec. 1, 2012, 10:05 p.m.
Completely yes! The prices are going up on clothing that is just falling apart!
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
Nov. 29, 2012, 10:37 a.m.
Yes when I first started shopping here a couple years ago the prices weren't high at all & the quality was decent. But this year I bought a $40 dollar loose blazer that ripped after one wear of it .
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Nov. 25, 2012, 7:50 p.m.
Yes! I have noticed the quality has declined in A LOT of their products while the prices are getting a bit high. I remember when I can actually buy a clothing piece and have it last throughout a season.. Now I am lucky if the piece isn't ripped after a few washes/wears. I also noticed that after I wash the clothes from Forever 21, the material becomes extremely thin (especially on pants). There was an article that was released recently about what you shouldn't buy at F21 because of how poor the quality was.. Shirts, pants, shoes, jewelry, lingerie, jackets, purses, etc. were on the list. Basically the whole store.
Mackenzie C.
Mackenzie C.
Nov. 24, 2012, 8:30 p.m.
I heard that they had to raise their prices because of shoplifting. So the quality didn't change, only the prices did.
Christine M.
Christine M.
Nov. 24, 2012, 10:29 a.m.
I feel like quality is the same but the prices are gradually increasing :\
Kirstianna L.
Kirstianna L.
Nov. 24, 2012, 8:25 a.m.
I think the price of their sale items is closer to what the clothing items are worth for the quality of the items.
Demetria B.
Demetria B.
Nov. 23, 2012, 2:04 p.m.
I think it depends on the item...Honestly I haven't really seen an increase or decline on the clothing quality...It's pretty much been the same...I've always seen some items that shouldn't be priced as much as it was because of the quality.
Kayla E.
Kayla E.
Nov. 22, 2012, 2:41 p.m.
Unfortunately, yes :(
Janae S.
Janae S.
Nov. 21, 2012, 8:30 a.m.
I think it's becoming beter.
Genna L.
Genna L.
Nov. 20, 2012, 12:11 p.m.
It depends on the item but sometimes yes
Sharya E.
Sharya E.
Nov. 19, 2012, 9:22 p.m.
I don't REALLY think so because people love the brand sooo much they would really care for the price now these days
Emily C.
Emily C.
Nov. 19, 2012, 11:44 a.m.
Yes it definitely has!