BY FOREVER 21 #4 in Clothing Stores & Brands

Forever 21 is the authority on fashion & the go-to retailer for the latest trends, must-have styles & the hottest deals. Shop dresses, tops, tees, leggings & more.

• Forever21 or H&M ???9 Answers
  • Who else gets overwhelmed in the store because of the huge variet...115 Answers
  • Do you find that it is better to shop on their website instead of...180 Answers
Forever 21
  • "Love their affordable plus size clothing although sometimes they can be very stingy with their "designs" they need more other than basics" in 779 reviews
  • "Forever 21 is a great place to find something when you are in a bind and you need something fast and cheap.. but that's what it is.. cheap" in 709 reviews
  • "cute clothes and can find some really good clearance stuff!I have found some items are kind of thin/cheaply made but overall I o like to shop with them!" in 698 reviews
  • "Great prices on all latest trends there's always a large variety and can even catch huge sales and clearance on items everything is cute the jewelry breaks easy though but then again you get what you pay for I haven't had any problems with their clothes but there's no returns only exchanges or store credit other than that I can always find more than one thing on a daily basis !!" in 575 reviews
  • "They have such cute clothes and in so many different styles, there is something for everyone, and they don't forget plus size." in 305 reviews
Jonnay V.
Fashionista Expert Level 1
I do love Forever21 and the cheap prices and selection, although I am sad to say I have had a few negative experiences both in store and online. I once placed a REALLY HUGE order online, and choose the option of picking it up in store. Almost 3 weeks after placing my order, it still did not arrive, and a few days later I got an email saying that my package had arrived, but it got lost. I was highly disappointed because it took quite a while to hear from them, and because since it had been so long, most of the things I ordered weren't even available online anymore since they were sale products or they just sold out. Then, about a month later, I get a call from my local store saying that they found my package. Hm, very strange. I'm not sure where my package supposedly was for 2 MONTHS?????, but it suddenly seemed to have showed up. I had the option of either picking up my package, or keeping my refund. I chose to keep my refund, just because I was over it by then and found other clothes I liked better. I still continue to shop there (I try to only shop IN STORE because of my negative experience) and the stuff is cute, but I notice it tends to be very fragile and break/rip/have holes easily. As much as I love this store, I think something definitely needs to be changed in the quality of fabrics, and more care needs to be taken in their online shopping experience that is provided to customers.
Jocelyn H.
Haledon, NJ
for years. Their sizes were consistent, affordable, and I ALWAYS referred people to them, but not anymore. My last transaction with them was a nightmare. For one, they completely changed their sizing - I was consistently a medium and I bought heels and a dress for an induction (I don't have a car so I couldn't go to stores so I was relying heavily on this dress working). The dress was cut way too narrow and the heels didn't fit, but to be fair I have wide feet so I figured they wouldn't work. I returned them that week through my University's mail service, and wasn't notified about my refund or anything. I called them twice in 2 months inquiring about my order, but they didn't receive it and I would be notified. The second time I called, however, I was hung up on by a customer service rep and I had to call again, and they told me there was nothing they could do. I was out $40, which to a college kid is crucial - I didn't have money to buy groceries and was waiting for my paycheck, so I used the rest of my money on my student ID card to get through the week (thank god I was going home). This was such an ordeal that I refuse to do business with them.
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
I've been shopping at Forever21 since I was in high-school and I've really seen the company grow and the prices fluctuate as well. A majority of my clothing is from Forever21, however I will say that shopping in the stores are extremely hectic. At least in the malls in my area (I live in Northern VA), the Forever21 stores are extremely packed and there's just way too much stuff to look at. I'd definitely have to take multiple trips to the store to find stuff that I like. However, I will say the cleanliness/neatness of the stores have improved a LOT in the past couple years.

As far as the quality of the clothing goes, I will say it's a hit or miss. I don't think the quality of the clothing is A+, however, I think it's worth the price most of the time. It's a fairly affordable store with some exceptions and they have a good variety of clothing. Their jewelry is a little on the cheap side, but $3 for earrings and necklaces, you can't expect much from the quality with that price.

Sizing- again, a hit or miss and each item is different. I've noticed that sometimes I'd fit a medium in a top (which I usually am all around), but sometimes I'd have to get a large because of my arm/bust size. So it just really depends! That's why I end up having to return some of the things I buy online because the fit isn't right.

Overall, I love Forever21's clothes, but I will say sometimes the fit of the clothes are uncomfortable/not to my liking and it really just depends item by item.
Vivian B.
Sterling Hts, MI
Honestly, I give Forever21 just 2 stars, though I allwaaysss shop here. Forever21 has really affordable prices and the brand tries to stay up-to-date with what is trending. I do find that it is really hard to find things I like. It takes me a really long time to find something worth buying, even if everything is so cheap. Most of the Forever21 I've been in are really unorganized. I wish they filtered out things more because it's really hectic and overwhelming. A lot of the clothes are really really low quality. I'm talkin' like 1-3 washes MAX. Sigh...so is it really cheap if you always have to go back and buy things? I still like going through Forever21 every time I go to the mall because I like to find trendy/exotic clothes for photoshoots. Clothes that I probably wouldn't wear more than once. I do like how they organize their clothing in different categories such as kids, mens, contemporary, etc.etc.
Sierra S.
Manhattan
The clothes are cheapish and of okay to low quality. A lot of the shirts and such are rather thin and pill rather early on, but if you're like me and don't wear things very much before you get tired of them, this could be a positive? Another thing: the clothes have gotten more expensive over the last few years and for the price some items you could get something higher quality for the same price at other stores.

Stores are a mess, and I only shop online now. The Forever 21 stores seem to have no rhyme or reason to their layout; there's clothes everywhere and don't seem to be sorted by style or anything. Stores are usually messy and finding an associate to help you is near impossible in the stores near me.

Tl;dr: Clothes are of cheap quality but yet are growing more expensive and aren't worth the price. Stores are a mess. Don't recommend.
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
If you shop at Forever 21, you know the deal. It's not top-of-the-line quality clothing, but it'll do the job for a cute outfit for a family get-together, day at the office or night on the town. I've gotten everything from overalls and high-waisted denim, to crop tops and body-con dresses, to blouses and blazers at this store. I know I'm not taking home a Bloomingdales blazer, as should anyone for the price of $25. It's a great store to pick up unique items as well such as a studded leather jacket, distressed oversized denim jacket, wrap blouses, colorful skirts and shorts, as especially their statement jewelry. If you're complaining about the quality of these pieces, you're expecting too much out of a $20 article of clothing. My best advice is to 1. shop online. Going through the RACKS AND RACKS of clothing in-store is not fun or relaxing as getting new clothes should be. 2. look at reviews and what the article is made of. You know if it's 100% cotton or 100% rayon, it's probably going to shrink or be see-through. 3. work with the clothing as it changes. I can't tell you how many crop tops I have that were once full-length tanks. SO WHAT? Work with it. Crop tops are in. ANNDDDD a plus for all of us that accidentally bought a see-through shirt, sheer is in right now as well! Throw a lace bralette or bodysuit under that thinning shirt and bring it back to life. Forever 21 may not be the easiest or most consistent place to shop, but you can ALWAYS find something you want - or need. ;)
Valerie C.
I adore Forever 21's vast variety of products. But as I've gotten older, I've began to stray from the brand.

For starters, Forever 21 is expensive. I only ever shopped there during seasonal sales. My problem with Forever 21's clothing is the lack of quality and organization.

First things first, their stores are super messy and unorganized. It makes it ridiculous to shop and it's always difficult to find an employee for help.

On quality, i've purchased numerous jeans from them, they've all eventually had their zipper's tear. Another problem I've had when purchasing sweaters and pull overs is extreme fabric pilling. It drives me absolute bonkers. In understand pilling occurs naturally with numerous wear, but at Forever 21 pilling occurs instantly with the clothing's fabric within the first few wears or washes. This happens with a lot of their clothes. Its upsetting because the clothing purchases are already expensive.

So this is why I've tend to stray from Forever 21 lately and have made my clothing purchases elsewhere. I will continue to do so until Forever 21 improves their quality of their brand.
Elizabeth R.
Kingsland, GA
I have been a Forever 21 customer for years now. I started shopping there in middle school and still as a 23 year old still shop there on occasion. However the older I get and enter the professional world the less I can buy from there. I have found that the sizes run small on most items and I have to result in shopping in their plus size section. I love the store for outfits for a night out or a small get together, but cant shop there as much as I use to because of the lack of professional dress wear. I also love their accessories, however many of them turn color after a few uses. I guess you get what you pay for.
Makeup N.
Clifton, NJ
If you are young this is your store. Forever 21 is a great store you can find anything here. I bought my new year’s outfit at forever 21 and I loved it. The cons that I have is that the stores that I go to are very disorganized and it’s hard to find what you’re looking for. Sometimes the quality of the clothes are not good but for the price I can’t complain. I really like shopping here and I would recommend it. The outfit on the picture is from forever 21 from the necklace to the pants!
Suzette G.
The messiest store I've ever walked into.  I'm sure many people agree with this.  The five times I have walked in here to attempt to shop, I just end up walking out disappointed.  The first three times I've tried to shop, I should have just known they would never improve, but I always gave them more chances to tidy their stuff and organize, but they never do.  I used to shop here frequently when I was in my early twenties, but that was when I wasn't a mother and had hours to waste time and look through their stuff.  Not anymore.  If buying a shirt for $4.99 is worth the two hours it takes to dig through shirts to find it, no thank you.  I'd rather pay more and shop in a quarter of the time.  I've found a couple cute Hello Kitty trinkets at the register, but that's basically it.  I avoid this store like the plague.  If it was organized, the clothing was folded, and I didn't have to dig through piles of clothing, I would walk in here.  It's just not worth the effort though; my time is too important.  Sorry Forever 21!
Jillian Q.
Glen Allen, VA
What's an appropriate age-range for this store?
Addlia E.
Atlanta, GA
Do you find that it is better to shop on their website instead of going into the store?
Sonia G.
Talking Rock, GA
When you shop in Forever 21 what do you buy most, clothes,accessories,shoes etc?
jennifer h.
Phoenix, AZ
Who else gets overwhelmed in the store because of the huge variety in clothing that they have.?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Favortie items to buy here?