Fly Away Home  uploaded by Princess M.

BY FLY AWAY HOME

Samantha A.
Walker, LA
Great author! Always looking forward to her next novels! She writes so you can understand and cheer on the characters! I love her storylines, always something I can understand and feel something towards.
Janet D.
Before I even begin I have to clarify that I have yet to read something I don't like from Jennifer Weiner. 'Fly Away Home' is another re-readable book by her. It fits the classic chick lit mold without the '...and they lived happily ever after'. Or everything solved and wrapped neatly in a happy little bow. Honestly, either of those outcomes almost always feels contrived and unrealistic.

You know the story. Boy meets girl. Fall in love. Get married. Have children. Work their way up the career ladder, in this instance politics, and achieve their dreams. Good child. Screwed up child. Boy screws up. Girl is heartbroken. Meanwhile good child screws up. Screwed up child finds her way, kind of. Bare bones but an outline we can all identify with. But that doesn't tell the story and it wasn't wrapped up neatly in a bow either. Sylvie and Richard fall in love at college, he follows his dreams into politics. Sylvie manages his career, their lives and home and to some degree their daughters. The good child, Diana, is a doctor, married with a son. She chose her marriage based on not having what her parents had and finds herself unhappy. And the day the news that her dad had an affair with a political aide breaks she's in the midst of her own affair. Lizzie, the screwed up child, is fresh out of rehab...again, and learning how to date sober while baby'sitting her nephew.

Girl leaves boy to try to decide what she wants from life and her marriage. Good daughter leaves husband but also gets dumped by her fling. Screwed up child gets pregnant and hides it from everyone, walking away from the father because she is scared of rejection. Most of the story is wrapped up in some variation quite neatly. Good daughter and husband divorce but amicably. Screwed up daughter lives with her sister and watches her nephew while reuniting with baby daddy. Girl and Boy talk but no decisions are made as to their future. Though he decides to retire instead of shoot for the oval office.

It's a good story. A great lay in bed on a cold winter day with hot cocoa read or a beach bag book in the summer read. It's not going to make have deep thought provoking thoughts but you might actually think a time or two. It didn't leave me feeling overly emotionally invested but I did feel a kinship for the characters. It's a good book. I can't say it's great. I can't say it's amazing. But I can say I would read it again.
Karrie S.
This is a really good book. Jennifer Weiner has had some of her books made into movies (think Lifetime) and her books are always really good and fun to read.

This book is about a mother married to a politician that how she has given up her life to care for him, even sacrificing the care of her two daughters at times to a nanny. The book also shows the point of view from both of the daughters. The book is about what happens to the family the year after their father publicly announces his infidelity to his wife and his affair on national television. One daughter is a recovering addict and the other doctor is an uptight health-conscious doctor. It's a really good book and I don't want to give away anything, so you will just have to read it!
Rachel B.
Mahwah, NJ
I love Jennifer Weiner's books and this is no exception. They are entertaining and fun, quick reads without making your brain feel like mush. I would recommend her books to women looking for an escape when reading.
Ashley H.
I really enjoyed this book. It is so realistic - I think everyone knows someone who can tell a similar story to this book. The characters are easy to follow and relate to and the storyline was entertaining.
Alexandra M.
Louisville, KY
I loved the movie as a child, and love this book just as much! It's an easy read- and beware, it is a year jerker! So glad my friend offered to let me barrow this book! It's a must read , and the story line as well and characters are super easy to follow!
Sara W.
Lees Summit, MO
I read this book, I read all of Jennifer Weiner's books, but I honestly can't really remember this one. I know that I read it really quickly and that I did enjoy it, but obviously something that didn't really stick with me.
Jessica M.
York, PA
I loved this book. It was easy to relate to and an easy read. I love most of Jennifer Weiner's books and this is one is no exception.. It's a definite must-read.
Amanda W.
Terre Haute, IN
If you aren't reading this author you are truly missing out. She has not written a novel that I don't love. I'm constantly awaiting her next book! Love them!
Jennifer F.
Springfield, MO
This is far and away one of my favorite authors. Everything she writes is better than the last. I have yet to read anything by her that I don't love.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Which is your favorite Jennifer Weiner book?
Victoria F.