BY GALLERY BOOKS

Now a major Lifetime movie event-the classic story of forbidden love that captured the world's imagination and earned V.C. Andrews a fiercely devoted fanbase. Book One of the Dollanganger family saga. At the top of the stairs there are four secrets hidden. Blond, beautiful, innocent, and struggling to stay alive. They were a perfect family, golden and carefree-until a heartbreaking tragedy shattered their happiness. Now, for the sake of an inheritance that will ensure their future, the children must be hidden away out of sight, as if they never existed. Kept on the top floor of their grandmother's vast mansion, their loving mother assures them it will be just for a little while. But as brutal days swell into agonizing months and years, Cathy, Chris, and twins Cory and Carrie, realize their survival is at the mercy of their cruel and superstitious grandmother. and this cramped and helpless world may be the only one they ever know. Book One of the Dollanganger series, the sequels include Petals in the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, and Garden of Shadows. Then experience the attic from Christopher's point of view in Christopher's Diary: Secrets of Foxworth and Christopher's Diary: Echoes of Dollanganger. see more...

• I saw the movie to this, is the book any better?4 Answers
  • Who else has read this book and seen the movie? When I wa...1 Answers
Darinda G.
Lowville , NY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I love all the books that v andrews writes i have been a fan of hers for many uears the books always intrigue me.
Michelle K.
I won't say much so I don't spoil it, but I love love love this book. I would definitely say it's worth reading.
Sarah S.
Mason, OH
This is such a great read! And if you've seen the show, I definitely recommend reading the book!
heaven P.
USA
Was very very boring not intriguing and you lose a focus very very quickly when you are reading this book
Viry F.
V.C Andrews is one of my favorite writer's and Flowers in the Attic is Mr favorite book. I highly recommend this book.
Sonia D.
New haw , Surrey
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This series of books is AMAZING! I read them when I was much younger and re read again recently and fell in love with them again. VC Andrews is one of my favourite writers and actually Heaven is my favourite book of all time. Would recommend but have the tissues near by, you might shed a tear or two!
Yadira G.
North Miami Beach, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
De los mejores libros que he leído, me atrapo desde la primera pagina. Los niños Dollanganger son una muestra de lo que la ambición y la codicia pueden hacerle a los más inocentes, por medio de quien menos pensaban, una madre que aparentaba ser amorosa y perfecta, siendo estos atributos una simple careta. Tiene una trama poco usual y cruda, sin olvidarnos de una historia de amor realmente prohibido. ¡ Muy recomendable para estas vacaciones!
Fernanda R.
This is one of the best books you could ever read, please if you have any chance try. It worth every second by every page. If you can read these one and the rest of the Dollanganger saga because every single one of this book worth whatever you pay for them, i promis you wont regreat it.

I got all the saga but in spanish.
Niamh L.
Middleton, Manchester
I have read all the books by this author,I read this book a long time ago but it is a book that I remember at the time there was a series of books this was the first and by far the best, I would recommend
Brittany C.
Literally my favourite book in the world!

The story line intrigues you instantly. It turns from a happy family book into something much darker gradually, until it gets to the point where you're shocked and can't put the book down.

The writing is beautiful, it's a pretty average difficulty but just flows so well and really suits the book.

I love the author and would like to go on to read her other books.

The ending is great as you can easily put the book down without needing to continue the series, though I'd definitely recommend it.
Liz R.
Paramount, CA
I saw the movie to this, is the book any better?
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Who else has read this book and seen the movie? When I was a kid Flowers in the Attic was one of my favorite movies??