BY GALLERY BOOKS

Now a major Lifetime movie event-the classic story of forbidden love that captured the world's imagination and earned V.C. Andrews a fiercely devoted fanbase. Book One of the Dollanganger family saga. At the top of the stairs there are four secrets hidden. Blond, beautiful, innocent, and struggling to stay alive. They were a perfect family, golden and carefree-until a heartbreaking tragedy shattered their happiness. Now, for the sake of an inheritance that will ensure their future, the children must be hidden away out of sight, as if they never existed. Kept on the top floor of their grandmother's vast mansion, their loving mother assures them it will be just for a little while. But as brutal days swell into agonizing months and years, Cathy, Chris, and twins Cory and Carrie, realize their survival is at the mercy of their cruel and superstitious grandmother. and this cramped and helpless world may be the only one they ever know. Book One of the Dollanganger series, the sequels include Petals in the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, and Garden of Shadows. Then experience the attic from Christopher's point of view in Christopher's Diary: Secrets of Foxworth and Christopher's Diary: Echoes of Dollanganger. see more...

• I saw the movie to this, is the book any better?4 Answers
  • Who else has read this book and seen the movie? When I wa...1 Answers
Michelle P.
Sunbury , OH
Read this book and the entire series when I was younger. Then again when I was older. Couldn't put the book down. The twist and turns. Very well written. VC Andrews was my favorite author by far. So many of her series were phenomenal
Cheryl B.
I read this when I was in high school and devoured it and a few of it's sequels. I remember really like it and thought it was weird and twisted in a good way. It had it's sad moments for sure but it kept me interested. Looking back I'm not sure I'd like this book as much because my tastes have changed.
Pilar T.
Jackson, CA
I read this book when I was younger. I never was able to get my hands on the other books though. I always see them in thrift stores. I'm not sure I would enjoy reading the series now. I guess I would give it a try.
Raven W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This story is so messed up. But it's a great and interesting read. I've read the book and watched multiple film adaptations. I don't want to give anything away, so I won't put any spoilers. All I'll say is that if you are interested in psychology and twisted tales, read this.
Nicole C.
Super dark and twisted classic that keeps you going! These dollangangers definitely had some real secrets to hide,and it's super shocking. After you read the first one you have to read all 3 of the other books too!
Belkis P.
New Orleans, LA
Love this book and the movie as well! Really good book to keep you on the edge and make you feel uncomfortable. You feel really bad throughout the book about what's happening
Becky C.
Middlesex, NJ
I am probably one of the few people who will admit outloud that this is one of my favorite books. Is it well written? No. But is it entertaining? Heck yes. It's about a mother who locks her children up in a room with an attic attached and the attic becomes the children's play space. Good read for the beach when you having nothing to do. Bad read for an analytical piece for school.
Ashley S.
Powell, OH
This is an absolute creepy classic that I have read twice. The storyline is very interesting, and the writing is exceptional. This is one of those books to keep in your house for Halloween. The grandmother is so evil! I highly recommend.
Vanessa A.
This was one really creepy book. The thought of this actually happening is chilling to say the least. I have read the series and was so intense wanting to know how they will turn out from the trauma of their childhood. very well written a true classic
Jamie V.
Las Vegas
This story pulls you in from the very first pages! This was my first V.C. Andrews book and I love all the books she has written. Her books are super dramatic, dark, and a little perverted. This one included. You will hate the mom and grandmother and cry for the children. THis is a must read.
Liz R.
Paramount, CA
I saw the movie to this, is the book any better?
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Who else has read this book and seen the movie? When I was a kid Flowers in the Attic was one of my favorite movies??