BY GALLERY BOOKS

Now a major Lifetime movie event-the classic story of forbidden love that captured the world's imagination and earned V.C. Andrews a fiercely devoted fanbase. Book One of the Dollanganger family saga. At the top of the stairs there are four secrets hidden. Blond, beautiful, innocent, and struggling to stay alive. They were a perfect family, golden and carefree-until a heartbreaking tragedy shattered their happiness. Now, for the sake of an inheritance that will ensure their future, the children must be hidden away out of sight, as if they never existed. Kept on the top floor of their grandmother's vast mansion, their loving mother assures them it will be just for a little while. But as brutal days swell into agonizing months and years, Cathy, Chris, and twins Cory and Carrie, realize their survival is at the mercy of their cruel and superstitious grandmother. and this cramped and helpless world may be the only one they ever know. Book One of the Dollanganger series, the sequels include Petals in the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, and Garden of Shadows. Then experience the attic from Christopher's point of view in Christopher's Diary: Secrets of Foxworth and Christopher's Diary: Echoes of Dollanganger. see more...

Buy on Walmart
Tiffany H.
Cleveland, TN
This book haunts me.  The first time I read it I was far too young to have been reading it (I think I was 9 and saw it at the library, I have no idea why my mother let me check it out).  I read it again as an adult and was surprised at how much of the story I remembered.  The story is twisted, sad and...read it with caution.  There are some subjects that are harder to read about than others.  This is one that shouldn't be read by young, impressionable minds.  If you like twisted and dark fictions, this might be just for you.  V.C. Andrews writing isn't for everyone.  Most of Andrews books are really disturbing to me, but they are still well-written.  Read the rest of the series if you can stand the creep factor.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
Bookworm Expert Level 1
One of the few books actually written by VC Andrews herself, it’s not badly written and there is a good story to be found in the pages. This book I discovered in 6th grade and probably had no business reading it but I was never censored with books. I can remember my feelings when I read this and thinking happily there were families more messed up then mine. This is a good book the following ones can be pretty trashy but the author did change. If you haven’t read it and see it at a rummage or thrift store pick it up for a intense read.
Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
This may be the book that really got me reading! I don't remember how old I was but I was young and it was exciting. I think mostly because I thought it was a very "adult" book to be reading! hahaha! I don't know how much I would like it now but I thank this series for my love of books!
Sharon K.
Lake Wales, FL
V.C. Andrews book Flowers in the Attic was one of my favorite books in high school. I actually read it more than once. I even bought the entire series. It tells the tale of siblings stuck in an attic and tells of what they endured. It's an easy yet compelling read. I would read it again.
Patty T.
Winterville, GA
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger) is one my favorite books. I first read this book when I was 9 and was intrigued with it. The issues in it ( incest, child abuse) are pretty intense. I highly recommend it.
Vanessa A.
Bushkill, PA
This was one really creepy book. The thought of this actually happening is chilling to say the least. I have read the series and was so intense wanting to know how they will turn out from the trauma of their childhood. very well written a true classic
Kathy C.
Toms River, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
One of my favorite books that got me reading series when I was in high school.  This story was wonderfully written and it kept me in suspense the whole time. I am so glad the author followed up with the rest of the books to finish the story. Loved every page!!
Dana R.
Columbus, OH
This is one of the first books i remember reading for pleasure. I thought it would be boring and was pleasantly surprised. The developing characters are good. It does tug at the heart strings too. I enjoyed this book and went on to read others by vc Andrews
Michelle P.
Sunbury, OH
Read this book and the entire series when I was younger. Then again when I was older. Couldn't put the book down. The twist and turns. Very well written. VC Andrews was my favorite author by far. So many of her series were phenomenal
Pilar T.
Jackson, CA
I read this book when I was younger. I never was able to get my hands on the other books though. I always see them in thrift stores. I'm not sure I would enjoy reading the series now. I guess I would give it a try.
Elizabeth R.
Paramount, CA
I saw the movie to this, is the book any better?
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Who else has read this book and seen the movie? When I was a kid Flowers in the Attic was one of my favorite movies??