Flowers in the Attic uploaded by Leslie M.

BY FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC

Flowers in the Attic
  • "i liked the movie up until things got weird between the brother and sister, it was a good movie, but they shouldnt have gone all that far" in 7 reviews
Manda L.
Niles, MI
Flowers in the Attic is the best introduction to this saga. I was so used to the original, but they did very well at their casting for the newer version by Lifetime. Often, it is hard to re-read a new cast, but the cast was wonderful. This movie/book is great, and I think anyone would enjoy the book version, or the film.
April Z.
Evansville, IN
I started reading VC Andrews when I was a kid in the 80s.  Her books/movies help those of us who are interested in what goes on in  other people's minds and the human psyche.  Yes, not all themes are for the weak but if you want a book that with a boring plot than maybe stick to children's books.
Leslie M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I started reading VC Andrews back as a young girl in the eighties. She is now passed away but someone has taken over her writings and I hear that it's a male writer. I still read all her books as they come out and have them on reserve with Amazon. Truly a good writer....a little bit of a Gothic theme and yes there is some incest, rape, etc in some of the books but it's not something you can't get past if you have an open mind.
Jenny F.
Bakersfield, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my favorite movies! I watched it when it first premiered on Lifetime and fell in love with the incredible story line. Even though it includes incest, you find yourself rooting for them to be together because they're truly all they have. All 4 movies are great! Excited to read the books next.
Toria M.
Blytheville, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I was much more impressed with this movie than the original. Being a TV movie, it definitely lacked the elegance and extravagance I envisioned from the book. The acting wasn't the greatest - although the grandmother was pretty good. I was happy they included the relationship with Chris and Cathy since the original completely left that out. They were much more true to the book in this version and I was pleased about that.
Megan M.
Louisville, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
There is a controversial issue with this movie. Some people may hate it because of the abuse and neglect but I think it gives us an understanding what some people have to go through. Like most Lifetime movies it was gentle on the touchy subject. Just don't let your kids watch it with you.
Tracy J.
Hillsdale, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I'm not much of a book reader so I watched this movie. I understand some people would have issues with it because of a strange relationship in it. I looked at it as how some people lived and am glad I grew up differently than these characters. This is not something you'd want kids to watch.
Gretchen C.
Avon Park, FL
I was a bit sad that the movie seemed so short, lol . I loved the original movie from '87 although I saw it much later since I was born in '87 . I feel this was one was a just as good as the original and the all the actors did awesome. The story is very strong and may not be everyones cup of tea, but once u start u won't be able to stop!
Jennifer O.
I saw this movie for the first time on lifetime when my mom told me about it. It was strange that a mother could treat her children the way she did just for money. As if living in a locked room with your other 3 siblings wasn't bad enough, you also had that extremely creepy grandmother. It was a pretty good movie, for a lifetime movie.
Casey V.
princeton, WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I saw this movie on Lifetime and was hooked. I then watched the second movie, then bought all of the books on my Kindle. I read them all in less than a week, I was completely hooked on them. Granted this series isn't for everyone, as it touches on many different emotions, but the acting was amazing.
Toria M.
Blytheville, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
For fans of the book....What were you most happy to see in the movie? What were you most disappointed about?
Ashley S.
Clarkson, KY
What next family series in the VC Andrews books would you like to see a movie of next ?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Itzayana C.
Mazatlán, Sinaloa.
Do u really like the movie or u expected more for this?