BY FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST #2 in Yeast

What is RapidRise™ Yeast? This highly active dry yeast has a finer particle size and is intended to be added undissolved with the dry ingredients. see more...

Kat J.
Eco-warrior Expert Level 1
Purchased at: Walmart
I’ve never actually used this yeast to bake, which I’m sure is it’s main purpose, but it’s definitely a purchase I’d recommend regardless,... I had an unpleasant situation with a bunch of fruit flies and read on the internet that one of the ways you can get rid of them is by making a yeast trap. Well, this was the only brand of yeast that my local store had in stock, so I bought it and followed the instructions. Within 48 hours, all the flies were trapped and gone! I was very pleased with the results and would gladly recommend this to anybody. Here’s the instructions for anybody that may have a similar problem:

• Take a glass jar and add 1 cup warm water to it.
• Next, sprinkle 2 teaspoons of dry activated yeast over it.
• Add a teaspoon of sugar.
• Stir the mixture. It will bubble and activate, attracting the flies.
• Finally, place a funnel over the opening of the jar with the spout pointing down to create a tiny entrance that is easy for the flies to get into but almost impossible for them to exit. (In place of the funnel you can also use a paper cone.) As the jar fills up with flies, you can wait for them to expire, or you can put the jar in the freezer to speed up the process.
Heather S.
This is my favorite yeast brand... I use the blue jar though, it’s instant rise I believe is the difference. Perfect for my bread baking and homemade rolls! You can find tons of recipes that are so simple to do with yeast! You just have to make sure you follow the instructions for your recipe, it will explain how to activate the yeast instead of deactivating the yeast. Stored really well in the refrigerator after opening the product and the shelf life is around four months, but I’ve never kept a jar that long.. the price is also very good for the amount you get & it’s super easy to find, I love that. I get it at Walmart in the flour section, usually on top.
sue W.
Westerville
Fleischmanns Rapid Rise Yeast is always in my refrigerator.  I bake several times a week and love the ease of the jar and I know it’s always fresh and ready to use.  I’ve never had a failed loaf of bread using Fleischmann’s yeast.  And would recommend it to anyone interested in baking.
Sherilyn J.
Coplay, PA
One of the best yeasts out on the market. I’ve been using and having experience with this brand since I was little. The price is good and is best for making simple bread loaves (helloooo banana bread!) a little bit goes a long way so don’t use too much!
Isaac B.
Arden, NC
Best yeast, especially for the price. I make a lot of bread and for a product always available in any store, this is my favorite. I’ve never used it and the yeast not work correctly. Cheap and reliable, what more can you ask for!
Alexandra S.
Riverside, CA
I had never before made bread at home.more before nor used any yeast products before this but it got the job done and the bread was amazing! I made cinnamon rolls, I made a loaf of sandwich bread, & a loaf of zucchini bread. My sister in law recommended it and I can honestly say I want disappointed. It was easy to use. There's directions on the bottle.Nd you can find tons of recipes online :)
Tara S.
Austin, TX
Purchased at: Target
Been using this brand for my bread needs (/kneads, lol) for years. It makes the best textures in your doughs and leaves your entire house smelling like a bakery. Activate it with a little sugar and you’ll have the perfect bake every time.
Jennifer L.
Phoenix, AZ
This is our secret ingredient to our pizza crust! Always makes it light and fluffy.  We like it to be airy and light especially with so many toppings.  We also use this in our bread recipes too!
Abby K.
Always reliable! I use this in making lots of yummy baked goods and delicious treats throughout the year and it never fails to produce yummy fluffy wonderful treats
Courtney G.
Augusta, ME
Purchased at: Walmart
I keep a stock of this in my spice cupboard , makes it so much easier for me and knowing I'm making things that dont have all of that hidden crap in the food. I love the quality this has and can always rely on it ! My kids love watching the yeast foam up and how warm it gets .
DaLancy J.
Highland Park, MI
What is this useful for?
Brittany F.
Manteca, CA
I'm going to start making my own bread, does anyone recommend this over the packets?
jennifer d.
What is this used for?
Danielle C.
Jacksonville, NC
Other than bread, what do you make with Fleischman yeast?
Christina L.
How would you use this? What would it be good for.