BY FITBIT #15 in Fitness Equipment

Set a Goal Go. Make it Your Lifestyle. Make Fitness Part of Your Everyday Lifestyle Put it On. Set a Goal. Go! Tracks Steps, Distance, Calories Burned Active Minutes 5 Monitor How Long How Well You Sleep 3 Wakes You with a Silent Wake Alarm 1 LED Lights Show How Your Day is Stacking up Against Your Goal 2 Easy-to-Wear, Slim, Comfortable Wristband 6 Syncs Automatically with Select Mobile Devices to Your Computer 10 Stylish Black Color 11 Accessory Bands Allow You to Personalize Your Flex 9 Set Goals, View Progress, Earn Badges 7 Share Compete with Friends Throughout the Day 8 Free iPhone Android App Never stop moving with Fitbit Flex. Wear this slim, stylish device all the time and get the motivation you need to get out and be more active. It tracks steps, distance, and calories burned and shows you how youre stacking up against your daily goals. see more...

• I would really like to try this because I see a lot of people using...5 Answers
  • Fitbit flex or Fitbit Charge HR which do you prefer and why! 5 Answers
  • Just wondering what the differences are between a FitBit Flex and t...5 Answers
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Tracker, Black, 1 ea
  • "Tracks all sorts of things, heart rate, pedometer, sleep, stairs, activity, calories burned, and you can go to site to update and input your foods eaten, etc." in 6 reviews
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Waukegan, IL
I received this as a gift from a family member. I think that it is a bit pricier than I would personally spend; I probably wouldn't buy one with my own money. I received three coloured bands: black, gray-blue, and red. I don't like the little pegs that you push through the holes to secure the bands on your wrist. It is nice that you can adjust it, but compared to my old Microsoft Band and for the cost of the Fitbit, I think they could've made that part better. The band, once adjusted properly, is comfortable on my wrist. Sometimes I forget that its there because I hardly feel it. It is at least water resistant, because I forgot to take it off several times while doing the dishes, it has been exposed to the rain, and once it partially fell in a puddle when I was adjusting the strap while outdoors; so far it hasn't had any adverse reactions to a tiny bit of water.

Otherwise, though, the battery charges pretty quickly, and lasts for quite some time. I have an Android phone, and the app notifies me when I need to charge the battery. The charger is a short USB cable type, and is easy to use as it is shaped very specifically. I wish this version had a little screen that displays the time. The app is very useful, and syncs pretty easily with my Fitbit. I like that I can add friends and cheer them on or participate in challenges/contests. I also really enjoy that it has a food, water, and sleep log. I enjoy having a steps goal set, and always look forward to feeling the vibration on my wrist and seeing the lights flash to indicate that I met my goal. Its also nice that the app tracks exercise. Overall I like this product, though I think for the cost there could be a few more features.
Elissa D.
Elissa D.
Elmira, NY
I currently use the Flex after mailing my Charge to my brother. So far it is not bad. I like the fact that it is not bulky and syncs up to my app really fast. The charging time also seems really quick so far. I really like the fact that you can customize the band, which is one of the main reasons I changed to the Flex (my friend sent me a pale pink band). I originally ordered the tangerine one from Amazon but was able to switch it out for the pink band. The band changing is an awesome feature. I really like that it still track sleep as well. I have yet to test it out in the shower, so I cannot attest to whether it is waterproof or not, but washing dishes has not seemed to affect it. I think the dots are a very interesting choice to show an individuals progress throughout the day. I will say that I miss seeing my progress laid out on my FitBit as well as the caller ID and the clock, but it's okay (I actually ordered myself a watch to make up for it). I like that you can still set up alarms with the Flex, as I use those for my early morning commutes to class. The Flex is a little more confusing, as I cannot find a manual on the app like the Charge had. I am not sure if I just cannot find it or if it is not on the app. Which brings me to the next complaint. All of a sudden, my Flex started showing two blinking dots moving side to side. This was apparently activity mode, which you can turn on by tapping it twice. I had no idea what it meant and had to consult with the internet. Having a manual would have been very helpful in this situation. All in all, I would recommend this product to someone who wants to be active, but still wants to be fashionable as well.
Tonya S.
Tonya S.
West Chicago, IL
This is a great device for tracking your activity as well as sleep. The flex while capable of tracking steps, distance, calories burned, hours of activity and sleep does not track your heart rate or the stairs you climb. So if you're looking for something that in depth the flex might not be for you.
As far as I know it is pretty accurate. I wear mine walking to and from school which is about three quarters of a mile each way and my flex has always been accurate.
The downsides to the flex aside from not tracking heart rate and stairs climbed is that it is kind of a clunky accessory. Even with the added band colors, which is definitely an improvement, the armband is still not that flattering. And the second is that your progress shows up as little flashing dots, which represent your progress in completing your goal. For me it is 10,000 steps a day so each solid dot that shows up is equivalent to 2,000 steps. But if I want an accurate down to the step count I have to check the fitbit application on my phone, which does allow for it to auto sync.
All in all it is a nice accessory. It is convenient to wear all the time. It's water proof so it can be worn in the shower. The newer flex allows for it to automatically move between tracking your sleep and your activity. The phone application can be set to auto sync. When your batter is low the application will inform you as well as receiving an email. On top of all that you receive weekly fitness reports via email, which shows your combined data for the week.
Eden B.
Eden B.
Saratoga Spgs, UT
I really like my fitbit but I took away a star because after only owning it less than a year, there are newer, nicer models available that do way more than this product. While I understand that is a good thing, who can afford to upgrade that often? I bought mine at Kohls using Kohls cash so it wasn't too expensive. They were around 99 dollars full price.
The other issue I have it that it I'm not sure about the accuracy. I use a treadmill at the gym regularly . The miles and the steps are never the same as what is reflected on my fitbit. I think its because when I'm walking uphill on an incline, I grab the top of the machine quite a bit. When my arm is stationary it doesn't track thoses steps. That drives me crazy! Then I either have to manually adjust the steps on the app or guesstimate, which defeats the whole purpose. I don't sleep with mine on. It don't like to have things around my wrist when I sleep.
Maria B.
Maria B.
My dad gave me the flex since he got an extra one. For the most part I think the flex gets the job done. It's pretty basic and easy to use. I do wish that you could see how many steps you've taken instead of having to constantly look at your phone. I also wish it would tell me the time, since I'm always running on a schedule and need a watch. Last thing, I wish the battery on these thing a lasted a little longer. I typically go about 3-4 days before having to charge mine. What I do like is that it tracks your sleeping pattern. It's a pretty nice feature that lets me know how long I've slept and type of sleep. Overall, I think this is a good beginner tracker. As far as price is concerned, I ALWAYS do some research and see what stores or websites have deals going on or coupons.
Logan A.
Logan A.
Jacksonville, FL
I've had my Fitbit flex for almost a year now and it's my favorite every day fitness tracker! I have the Tory Burch rose gold band to go with it so you can't even tell I'm wearing a Fitbit! This band is great for everyday use such as tracking your steps and sleep (especially since it'll automatically recognize when you're sleeping, so great!), but I ended up purchasing the Fitbit Surge to use when I'm exercising because it tracks my heart rate and displays everything on my watch so I don't have to pull out my phone. Because this one doesn't have a heart rate monitor it has to assume how many calories you're burning so it's not as accurate. Very basic and great for people who are just starting out, it just didn't do enough for me to be satisfied only using this one!
Leslie T.
Leslie T.
Casper, Wy
I got the flex in Aug of 2014 right after they came out. The Pros- it is affordable and tracks your steps, sleep, alarm and estimated calories. The cons are that it does not do HR, stairs, no clock/date display, and no Bluetooth to alert you of numbers calling. It is nice having an app on your phone, which you can set to push sync or continually sync. There are white dots that signify multiple things in response to tapping your fitbit. The customer service is amazing, but durability not so much. It says to wear it in your sleep and during your day- yet the bands tear very easy! Luckily you can just replace the band on this style.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Vly Cottage, NY
I recently just purchased the Flex ($49.99 on AT&T!!!!) after using the Jawbone UP for some time. I did't have any problems with the Jawbone other then the fact that it was super bulky and got in my way at work and when I slept. I have slept with my Flex on the past couple nights and it has not cut off my circulation or bothered me. I like that you can adjust the band. It does what it's supposed to, track your steps and your sleep and it does just that. I like wearing a fitness band because I don't always have my phone on my to track my steps when I'm working out so this is a nice discreet way to track everything.
Jen G.
Jen G.
Chapel Hill, NC
I got the Fitbit Flex a few years ago and just love it. So motivating and easy to sync as well. I don't like that the bands are very flimsy and break faster than you would expect. It is because you have to take the tracker out of the band every time you need to charge it and it wears on the band eventually breaking. The clasp isn't that secure either, so if you are gardening it can easily come off it caught on something. I think the newer models have corrected this issue however they are expensive. I got this one for free at a company raffle - otherwise I wouldn't own it.
Haley B.
Haley B.
Evansville , IN
So if you are looking for something to count your steps and keep you active for a good price the flex is for you. I have also used the Charge but lost it so I had to go back to the flex. I don't like that it is just blinking lights that counts your steps. I wish it showed the number like the charge and others do. But the app on your phone opens up to show all kinds of things like number of steps, hours of sleep, miles walked. It really makes me want to move seeing that I'm close to my 10,000 step goal by the end of the day. Fitbits are great products.
Lidia Z.
Lidia Z.
How long did your first band last?
Heather H.
Heather H.
How comfortable is the Fitbit to wear during sleep?
Lisa D.
Lisa D.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have been looking into getting one of these but I am not sure it is worth it? Is this waterproof? Would you advise taking this off when showering or swimming>? Is this good for runners?
Courtney M.
Courtney M.
Fayetteville, AR
Is the flex waterproof?
Pamela G.
Pamela G.
Summerville , SC
I've been looking into getting a Fitbit. I simply want something that will track my steps, sleep and calories. I've heard that the Fitbit doesn't really work though. Is this true? Is it a helpful product to own?