Add a Photo

By FISHER-PRICE
#6 in Baby Toys
Ocean Wonders Captivate body with sights & sounds of the sea. Music & Lights! Over 5 minutes of long-play music & lights. 8 Lullabies & soothing ocean sounds. Volume control for quiet play. 3 AA 1,5V. Developmental Benefits. Promotes Comfort & Security.
Photos (7)
Alicia D.
Alicia D.
Cincinnati, OH
Oct. 28, 2016, 4:21 a.m.
Review for: Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Ages Birth+, 1 ea
My little one had a hard time falling asleep on her own at bed time. Cranking her music box on her mobile seemed to help calm her down initially, but those music boxes only play for a couple minutes at best so she would start fussing as soon as it would stop. I searched online to find something more specific to what I was looking for & came across The Sooth & Glow Seahorse & was excited to see all the awesome things it did! Its battery operated, has 2 diff volume levels. You press its belly which lights up & then plays 5 mins of several different lullabies before stopping making! My daughter instantly started falling asleep quicker & easier since its a night light & music player in 1! Once she got old enough she started pushing the belly herself to go to sleep or would push it in the middle of the night if she needed soothing to get back to sleep! The battery pack is easily accessible & removable so that you can throw the cover in the wash!!
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
We bought this for my son when he was a newborn. We didn't use it much with him (he was a good sleeper right from the start and usually just fell asleep with a white noise machine). However when I had my daughter a year later, we used this a lot to help put her to bed since she had difficulty getting to sleep at night. The seahorse has a soft lullaby and light on the tummy that is comforting but not distracting. I only wish the light and music would stay on a bit longer (my daughter sometimes would take forever to get to sleep and we'd have to press the tummy a couple times to keep the music going) but otherwise it's perfect. When I first bought this they only had the original blue seahorse, but it's nice that they now have a pink option as well. This is an adorable soother for newborns that works great.
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
My two year old son loves his Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse, especially on nights when he is fighting his sleep. He has had this since he was a newborn, and has used it almost every night to fall asleep since he was born.

The push button belly is easy for children to press down on, which is great for when you are teaching your child to fall asleep on their own (if that is an issue in your house). The songs it plays are very soothing, and are just the right length to put your child to sleep.

This is a great item for any and all children!
heather l.
heather l.
Someone gifted this to my first born for Christmas one year and ive used it for all three of my kids and they loved it! So in total ive had it for about 7 years and ive never changed the batterys and they are still going strong! I would deffenitly recommend this because it so cute and gives older babies that are afraid of the dark a little night light!
Courtney P.
Courtney P.
My mother in law got this for my preemie son who never really went to sleep with any noise machines or didn't care for any soother toys but he seemed to enjoy this one. We would lay it with him when we would put him down and instead of crying the melodies actually seemed to catch his attention. We had to replace batteries a few times 😊
Saira P.
Saira P.
Weston, FL
My brother-in-law bought this for my 1st daughter & it is a GREAT gift for a new baby. Perfect "first toy" for a crib - our baby loved the soft light & relaxing music. She would look at the little seahorse face & play with the little flippers. Nice for baby to find a friend in the crib & give parents a few extra minutes to sleep!!
Carlina F.
Carlina F.
Hoboken, NJ
My parents got this for our little guy and we kept it in his crib for the first few months to help him sleep. I'm not sure it helped him but it was soothing and relaxing to me and provided a nice low amount of light to help see. It's inexpensive enough to give it a try and see if it helps your babe!
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
I loved this glow toy so much. We used it for my son from the ages of 2 months to about 1 1/2 years old. It was super affordable and did just the same as a really expensive night light. He loved it he would stare at the light on the belly while slowly fading himself to sleep.
Heather B.
Heather B.
Hillsborough, NJ
Used this with all three of my babies.... Gives off just the right amount of gentle light and plays music for a decent amount of time - enough for them to fall asleep. Never understood why the pink is more expensive than the blue though!
Amy D.
Amy D.
Columbia City, IN
We have one of these..we don't use it anymore since the youngest is now a toddler..but will soon be getting it out again!! anyways I love this thing it is the perfect night light and makes soothing sounds that help drown out other noise!
Jordan C.
Jordan C.
Marshfield, MO
I've owned this sucker for three years and have yet to replace the battery. Is everyone else having the same luck?
Leika W.
Leika W.
Moreno Valley, CA
Does your child actually fall asleep to it? Or is it more of a distraction? My son is 8 months old now. I'm wondering which one it'll be for him...
beth W.
beth W.
Winchestr Ctr, CT
Does the light distract your baby have you found or does it actually soothe them?
Dianna H.
Dianna H.
Would you recommend this to a 2-month old? I don't buy him toys but I would love to start buying him some.
Jess K.
Jess K.
Campton, KY
Any one else have their batteries burn up? I saw the recall for them and refused to change the batteries in mine when it wore down. I also saw that they had fixed the problem but I didn't want to chance it.