BY FISHER-PRICE

Ages 9-36 months Who’s ready to wiggle and dance?  The Dance & Play Puppy comes to life with baby-friendly motions, lively songs, irresistible wiggles and plenty of interactive learning fun! Two modes of play help baby learn through songs, phrases, movement and games. Puppy guides baby through motions to foster language development and how to follow directions. And there are plenty of surprises to delight baby—like ears that move up and down! Interactive learning •    Two modes of play help baby learn through motion & music, or just wiggle, sing & have fun! Easy-to-follow motions •    Puppy guides baby through motions, fostering language development & understanding how to follow directions Blows kisses & says I love you! •    Playing with a cheerful friend is a great way to introduce social skills see more...

• Do you think this toy really teaches children ? 3 Answers
Desiree U.
My son loves this toy and he sings along with it. Price wise, it was average, not too cheap and not too expensive. It's great for a gift to a child around the ages of 2-5, maybe more on the four year old border. I would recommend this toy for anyone with a child that likes singing.
Whitney R.
Benson, NC
My son received this as a gift last christmas. I have not been impressed. The mechanical sounds of the puppy moving are so loud that you can barely hear what the dog is saying unless it's on the loud setting. Also, anytime the dog falls over it stops singing or talking and says "uh oh." I mean what toddler isn't going to knock a talking puppy over? Please don't waste your money on this toy
Christina V.
Wappingers Falls, NY
My daughter loves interacting with this toy, but it leaves a lot to be desired for me. It's difficult to turn off (even touching its foot on the off button doesn't always work) and it keeps going on and on when no one interacts with it for a couple minutes. It's loud and even its lowest setting isn't too low. But alas, my daughter loves it, as I hear most children do.
Holly B.
Elko New Mrkt , MN
We just received this for my daughters first birthday. I loved the baby version so thought this one would be great too. My daughter seems to like it - she will dance along with him and clap her hands. The only thing I don't really like about it is that the mechanical parts that make him move are so loud it is almost hard to hear what the dog is singing.
Alisha W.
Pueblo, CO
My son could play with this thing for hours. It's cute for the first 30 minutes but after that I'm about to go insane. My wonderful M-I-L thinks it's funny to give my son loud battery operated toys. This one was so loud she accidentally bought us two. haha But really - He loves it, it keeps him from getting cranky, and it helps him learn.
Cassie R.
Bremerton, WA
My son loves his Puppy! He thinks that it is hilarious every time he falls down and says "Oopsies!" Sometimes I catch him playing with him in the dark instead of asleep in his bed! The only thing is that after less than a year, at night we have to make sure it is shut off, otherwise it will talk periodically for no apparen't reason.
Jennifer B.
Chelmsford, MA
My son received this for Christmas when he was 4 months old. He loved it then and still loves it now at 10 months. When he first got it he would sit in his Boppy and laugh now he gets up and dances along with it! I am not huge on noisy baby toys but this one really doesn't bother me.
She B.
Gaithersburg, MD
My son loves hugging his little puppy. I just wish that the voice/music is a little bit clear. If i didn't know what the puppy is saying i don't think i can guess what his saying. My son still like to play with it and i just sing the song with the puppy so my son can understand it :)
Starley C.
If you get one that will actually sing the songs it is a neat learning toy. We have had two that stop singing and just goes "uh oh" and giggles as if it is upside down. The gears are very loud on ours that it was difficult to hear the songs, when they played.
Sarah E.
Abingdon, MD
I had this puppy and the leapfrog Scout as well, and both my son and I preferred Scout. For some reason this puppy got on my nerves a little. Good thing is this puppy can be gender neutral, Scout was geared more towards boys with a Violet version for girls.
Desiree U.
Do you think this toy really teaches children ?