BY FISHER-PRICE

Learn Through Play. Birth - 24 Months. Sensory. Security & Happiness. Features: Colorful projection of 8 scenes from 4 stories. 2 modes: music & projection, or just music. Songs with vocals + instrumental music. Soft night light. Turn pages to change story. Power/volume control. Up to 20 minutes of music! see more...

Penelope C.
Kingwood, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This soother is fantastic or useless, depending on expectations for use.

My daughter was a terrible napper from 3-4 months, but this soother instantly turned tears into silence and wide-eyed wonder until it lulled her to sleep. I did not use it consistently, as I wanted to create a sleep routine that was not dependent on the soother, but the soother was the only way Daddy and baby'sitters could get her to sleep during this time period.

The music changes with each page as it connects to stay in place. The first melody is sung and then hummed, and instrumental lullabies follow for about 20 minutes. The sung melody matches the pictures on the storybook/projector. There are only two images that cycle back and forth for each page, but that is plenty! My daughter is now 9 months and we rarely use it, but she is still entertained by it! The power button is a large orange push-button, so it is easy for a baby to push it on his/her own.

The nightlight is a large button on top, easy to access when fumbling in the dark! It's also super cute in the shape of a teddy bear with a gentle glow (doesn't light up too much). The nightlight turns off on its own after a few moments, too!

Annnd if your kiddo wakes up in the middle of a nap, you can turn the soother on via remote control so you don't have to go in and get baby further worked up.

Well constructed
Pages are soft and easy for baby to manipulate
Pages stay in place with a hidden magnet
Aesthetically pleasing, especially in our nursery with a white crib
There is a remote control!
Handy nightlight!
Variety of melodies/pictures
Appropriate volume
Option to use music only with no projection
Projected pictures are cute and colorful, and appear clearly on the ceiling

Cons:
Remote control has to be visible to the soother's "eye", so you have to operate it through a cracked door so the device can receive the signal.

If I could change this to be THE PERFECT soother, I would:
1) Make the remote usable without direct connection (usable through a door, for example)
2) Add a white noise option that could run continuously or on a timer

Overall, it's a great toy, even if it's not used for soothing. It can be used anywhere, not just in the crib. It's great for self-soothing older babies, too, as they can turn the pages and operate the power button on their own.
Katy M.
I love this. My son used his for such a long time. It really helps you teach your baby what bedtime is when they are a newborn. My son has slept all through the night since he was a week old. I think it is because this got him so relaxed. I even liked it haha
anita c.
Elk Grove, CA
This is a lifesaver as my baby was soo fussy, this was the best distraction. We had to wait until it got dark outside before we used it but baby loved it! Definitely would buy this for a friend's shower gift!
Esther B.
I liked it a lot but it distracted my kids and wouldn't go to sleep lol they would start crying for me to turn it on again and again. I regret buying it, but hey! Every kid is different
Phyllis W.
We used this with my first born all the time! Worked like a charm and it's a great nightlight. Only issue I had was I kept having to change the batteries more often than I wanted. I would use energizer or Duracell batteries-not generic ones.
Jasmin R.
Wasco, CA
This is okay it does light up but not that much i wish it did ! But i still have to use the lamp which. Sucks . But its good for a little show for the baby lol
Ashley B.
My son loved it! It works amazing. The sounds helped to make him sleep better at night and the projector gave him something to fall asleep looking at
Elizabeth M.
Raymore, MO
This is a very cute toy and baby loves to watch it. Durable to baby hitting or kicking it. Helps calm and soothe a fussy baby at bed time.
Jackie P.
Salina, KS
Awesome product. It really saved me a lot when we transitioned our son to his crib. it was perfect to distract him and calm him down.
Lauren B.
Greeneville, TN
These things are great! I'm an adult and not only do they put babies to sleep they also do awesome with putting me to sleep!