BY FIRST SIGNAL #5 in Pregnancy Tests

First Signal One-Step Pregnancy Test: Easy-to-read results Positive results as soon as one minute Use any time of day No mixing, no measuring Built-in self check lets you know the test was done correctly Contents: one test cassette with dropper and one instruction insert see more...

• I don't know if you all see the faint line, but my son is...5 Answers
  • What's the lowest hcg levels this brand can read? 3 Answers
  • So can someone please tell me, do you have to pee in a c...2 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I really hate these pregnancy tests. I used them to find out I was pregnant with my last baby because they were cheap and available and I could buy a bunch to be sure but they were messy and mostly defective.
These are a dollar yes, but you better buy at least 7 to 10 if you want to know for sure. A lot of these just outright don't work and are defective. The other ones don't show the lines properly so you can't be sure and about 2 out of 10 work and you always want to take 2 to 3 tests to be sure.
Its also pretty gross and can be messy having to pee in a cup you provide (should probably get rid of that unless you want to drink out of it later. Yuck.) And then use their included dropper to suck some from the cup and then put a few droplets as directed into the small open area that looks like a small circle and wait the directed amount of time.
They can work if you buy enough but its a hassle. It's nice to have a cheap option but its a dirty process and its not fast and easy at all but I suppose if you need to know right then and can't get to the doctor right that minute or afford a 17 dollar pregnancy test (which probably means you should have been more careful.) Than this is a good option for you.
Amanda O.
La Verkin, UT
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have used these for every one of my pregnancies. They show up right at the time of my missed period, and they are only .88 at Walmart! They may not predict “6 days earlier” like some tests but they are cheap, so in my opinion they are still worth it.
Teesha S.
Lafayette
I didn't think I was going to like these tests but I took four of them last year on my hubby's birthday and then on my birthday which was the next day and they said I was pregnant. They were effective they just didn't look like they would be, and I would recommend these to others who are on a tight budget like we were and still are
Brittany W.
ANACORTES, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
With all 3 of my pregnancies, I was trying to get pregnant and I couldn't fathom spending $9-$20 for some name brand pregnancy test when I intended to buy a bunch of them so I could keep seeing if I was pregnant yet. My friend worked at a DV shelter and told me that these tests are the same ones planned parenthood uses so I took what she said and have been talking ladies out of the expensive ones ever since. Only downfall is you can't (or aren't supposed to) just pee on it. You have to pee in a cup and use the dropper to put a couple drops onto the test. Good price and I found out at 8 weeks I was pregnant with my oldest, 6 weeks with my twins, and 5 weeks with my son.
Jessica P.
I bought 3 of these test and they came up all positive. So I scheduled an appt with my doctor and took a test there. I was told it was negative. So I went to Walgreens on the way home and bought a different type of test and that also came up negative. So I don't know if the brand is not working or if it's to early to tell with the other ones. Monday I'm going in to get blood work done to see my levels are high. Is anyone else having issues with this brand too?
Sadie P.
Denver, CO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Despite being so inexpensive this is a great product. It told us we were pregnant with our baby due next month even before the more expensive pregnancy tests. It works well and shows results fast. The only downside is it doesn't come with a cup or anything but considering its so cheap that isn't a big issue.
Mariel G.
San Antonio, TX
I have never been pregnant but I am married and paranoid, so I may have used these in a pinch lol. They are less than a dollar at Walmart so I have bought them just for peace of mind before. I've never had a problem with any of them. Yes, it's slightly more work than the average pregnancy test, but oh my gosh you save so much money.
Jill S.
Windsor, CO
I've gotta say, the 88 cents I paid for these tests (yes plural) was well worth it. I bought multiple brands of pregnancy tests when I was first testing with my last pregnancy and while some of the more expensive brands showed negatives, this one showed a super faint, but visible, positive. Very simple and user friendly and well worth the cost. I did hate having to use another cup and then the little dropped but hey for less than $1 can I really complain?
Natasha S.
Chambersburg
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I took a good many of these all within a few weeks. They seem like they worked well and even gave me a correct reading. They are a bit messy with having to pee in a cup etc.
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
I used this test like this when I found out I was pregnant. They are just $1 and I bought mine at the Dollar General Store. You can probably buy these at any store though. Although they are very cheap, they are also very accurate. They are also easy to use. I highly recommend them!
I am a day late with my period... is it too early to test for pregnancy? I tested this morning when I woke up and it shows 2 lines... 1 in C and 1 T ... could that be that I am pregnant?
Im confused.... I took this test lastnight it came back negative. So i threw it the box my bf looked at it a hour later and it was a very faint postive
Tarnecia S.
Decatur, GA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I don't know if you all see the faint line, but my son is the one who saw it sitting on my dresser. I took another test and had two lines on that one.
Brandie M.
Wynne, AR
What's the lowest hcg levels this brand can read?
I took this test and this came back a couple minutes after the allotted 10...I took 4 faint positive clear blues, have PCOS and am 4 days late from my cycle being kind of normal...I now have some light pink/brown spotting as well...I've experienced a lot of miscarriage...what do you all think?