First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm

by First Alert

The #1 Safety Brand Carbon Monoxide Alarm - Battery Powered, Includes Alarm Silence Why should I choose this alarm?  This alarm provides protection from carbon monoxide, the #1 cause of accidental poisoning death in the US. Battery Operated Mute Button Mutes unwanted alarms. Also tests alarm function with same button EZ Access Battery Door Front-open compartment allows easy battery change without dismounting alarm Low Battery Signal Mute Quiets low battery signal for up to 8 hours Electrochemical Sensor Most accurate technology available for detecting carbon monoxide End of Life Timer Audible notice when it is time to replace alarm Requires 2AA Batteries, included. ;

How does it work?
Do they go on sale ?
Do these go on sale often?
Start your review of First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“The alarm is loud when it goes off so it could wake a sleeping bear and the batteries last a long time.” in reviews
“Great product, really loud when tested.” in reviews
“But hey, that's a good thing!” in reviews
“One in our dining room, one in the master bedroom and one in the basement.” in reviews
“Cute design.” in reviews
Hemet, CA
Purchased at: Target
A carbon monoxide sensor is a must in homes and offices. After all there is no smell so no one is going to realize that there is a problem until people are sick or worse! These have self checks to make sure they are still working and test throughout the year. I change my batteries in it and my smoke alarms everytime we have daylight savings time. Then there's never any doubt about battery life running out.
Carnegie, PA
Decorator Expert Level 1
I got mine at Lowe's on sale and have on 3 of my homes levels. My only con is that I prefer have alarms that can be plugged in and have battery back up. I also prefer natural gas/carbon monoxide alarms.
These are affordable, discreet, and gives me peace of mind that I am protecting my family. The alert is really loud if texted, and I like that there is battery backup in case we lose power. I purchased off of Amazon for about $20, and it should last for a very long time.
Philadelphia, PA
Decorator Expert Level 3
I got a 3pk of these Alarms from Smiley360 & couldn't be happier. They've definitely helped me sleep better at night, knowing my family is safe. They each come with their own 9V battery (included), easy to read instructions & a wall mount (optional). They're super simple to install. I set up one on each floor of my house and didn't need the hubby's help at all, GO ME! There's a test button right on the front. The alarm is very loud, which ensures that you'll hear it, no matter what room of the house you're in! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that every homeowner/parent has at least one in their home, especially if you have kids in the household. *** Carbon Monoxide is known as the silent killer- you cant see it, you cant smell it & you cant taste it either! Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is the LEADING CAUSE of ACCIDENTAL DEATHS in THE UNITED STATES ! So PLEASE, Go pick yourself up a First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm ; you WON'T be sorry!
The only reason I didn't give this a higher rating is because I have this exact product inside the landing of my basement staircase and it didn't detect the carbon monoxide that apparently had been leaking into my basement! I have a large, old home and I know that my basement is VERY drafty but our boiler (that was leaking) isn't far from our basement stair well... I feel that the product should've worked to alert us. Luckily I had the gas shut off because it was warm and the gas wasn't needed. Regardless,this detector didn't alert us.
Living in an at home daycare, we have these all over my house. They are pretty small and do not take up much room, however, they are their to save my life & I love them for that! I've never had an issue with Carbon monoxide in my house, but I know if I did, this device would save my family & my life as well as the little ones when they are here! Everyone needs one of these in their home.
Philadelphia , PA
When I moved I wanted one of these because I was living alone and you never know when something can happen. This is a very trusted brand and I stand behind it! I like that it is had sensors too with the volume that can go up so you can hear it through out the house
Beeps loud but takes ore than 4 minuets to detected carbon monoxide due to the sensor not always being on and it has to be more the 400 parts before it will even alarm
We have three of these in our home. One in our dining room, one in the master bedroom and one in the basement. When we test them, they are very loud which is reassuring. It helps give us a peace of mind for our home and family.
Decorator Expert Level 4
Works as far as I know? I'm not sure if it's effective or not as far as the Co2 detection, since it's never gone off. However, the few times it's beeped it's been SUPER loud, (ie when battery is dying). So far ok.