BY FIRST ALERT

The #1 Safety Brand Carbon Monoxide Alarm - Battery Powered, Includes Alarm Silence Why should I choose this alarm?  This alarm provides protection from carbon monoxide, the #1 cause of accidental poisoning death in the US. Battery Operated Mute Button Mutes unwanted alarms. Also tests alarm function with same button EZ Access Battery Door Front-open compartment allows easy battery change without dismounting alarm Low Battery Signal Mute Quiets low battery signal for up to 8 hours Electrochemical Sensor Most accurate technology available for detecting carbon monoxide End of Life Timer Audible notice when it is time to replace alarm Requires 2AA Batteries, included. ; see more...

• "Great product, really loud when tested." in 2 reviews
  • "The alarm is loud when it goes off so it could wake a sleeping bear and the batteries last a long time." in 2 reviews
  • "One in our dining room, one in the master bedroom and one in the basement." in 1 review
  • "Cute design." in 1 review
  • "But hey, that's a good thing!" in 1 review
Jennifer K.
Decorator Expert Level 1
Living in an at home daycare, we have these all over my house. They are pretty small and do not take up much room, however, they are their to save my life & I love them for that! I've never had an issue with Carbon monoxide in my house, but I know if I did, this device would save my family & my life as well as the little ones when they are here! Everyone needs one of these in their home.
Danielle S.
Decorator Expert Level 1
I got mine at Lowe's on sale and have on 3 of my homes levels. My only con is that I prefer have alarms that can be plugged in and have battery back up. I also prefer natural gas/carbon monoxide alarms.
Sherry B.
The only reason I didn't give this a higher rating is because I have this exact product inside the landing of my basement staircase and it didn't detect the carbon monoxide that apparently had been leaking into my basement! I have a large, old home and I know that my basement is VERY drafty but our boiler (that was leaking) isn't far from our basement stair well... I feel that the product should've worked to alert us. Luckily I had the gas shut off because it was warm and the gas wasn't needed. Regardless,this detector didn't alert us.
K M.
We have three of these in our home. One in our dining room, one in the master bedroom and one in the basement. When we test them, they are very loud which is reassuring. It helps give us a peace of mind for our home and family.
Jessica Y.
Beeps loud but takes ore than 4 minuets to detected carbon monoxide due to the sensor not always being on and it has to be more the 400 parts before it will even alarm
Kim T.
Works as far as I know? I'm not sure if it's effective or not as far as the Co2 detection, since it's never gone off. However, the few times it's beeped it's been SUPER loud, (ie when battery is dying). So far ok.
Lindsey G.
Big Lake, MN
Great product. I know it's meant to be loud and wake you up from all levels of the house if something does happen but holy hannah, it sure is loud! in other words, definitely does what it says it does.
Anna P.
La Porte City, IA
Cute design. I like that it runs on AA batteries, which I always have, verses 9volt batteries that I don't. Appears to be functioning correctly, but luckily I've never had it go off. (No CO problems!)
Cher G.
Yerington, NV
Love First Alert as a company and this battery operated CO detector is awesome! The house I'm in had several gas fireplaces installed, and there was a CO issue due to an incorrect plumbing issue on one fireplace, so the peace of mind that this allows is amazing!
Kelly D.
Columbia, Mo
I have 2 of these and they work great! The alarm is loud when it goes off so it could wake a sleeping bear and the batteries last a long time. Definitely thinking about investing in more.
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
I only have one in my house should you have more?
Amanda E.
Tampa, FL
Decorator Expert Level 2
Amanda E.
Tampa, FL
Decorator Expert Level 2
Scarlett H.
Decorator Expert Level 3
Do these go on sale often?