BY FIRST AID BEAUTY

A multifunctional, oil-controlling gel hydrator that instantly mattifies skin and visibly reduces the appearance of pores for a smooth complexion. Formulated with natural oil-fighters, this unique formula includes a blend of wild yam root extract, licorice root extract, and azelaic acid to dramatically diminish sebum production reducing greasy skin and discouraging future blemishes from forming. Antioxidant-rich salicornia herbacea boosts skin's hydration levels, giving skin a plump and youthful appearance, while ceramide 3 protects skin's barrier function, locking in vital moisture for healthy-looking, supple skin. Zinc PCA along with lecithin decreases surface sebum and reduces the number and appearance of pores for an immediate matte and refined complexion. With its unique water break, this formula delivers a refreshing and sensorial experience to the face while disappearing into the skin without a trace. Designed for daily use, this latest addition to the Skin Rescue collection gives oily or acne-prone skin the perfect balance of hydration and oil control for an all-day, shine-free complexion. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates All products are allergy-tested, free of artificial fragrances, dermatologist recommended, and safe for even the most sensitive skin. see more...

• Do I rinse this off??? Please tell me how to use this. SOS 3 Answers
  • Do I put this gel on before my moisturiser or after? 1 Answers
  • I've read that this actually causes more oil and isn't Mattifying...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Ashley D.
Coralville, IA
I really love this moisturizer after I wash my face in the morning before I start my makeup! It really keeps my oily skin in check throughout the day which is so helpful especially in the summer time! However, there is a drugstore alternative that works just as well for a fraction of the price! I would recommend trying the  Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Oil-Free Moisturizer with Aloe Vera & Bamboo  because it works the same and is way cheaper!
Bryanna C.
Clio
I love first aid beauty and especially their acne prone line. Their mattifying gel is so moisturizing but doeant cause breakouts if I had to choose one moisturizer it would be this one hands down. The price range is a bit high but it takes a long time to go through the whole thing. I would recommend for any skin type.
Elizabeth B.
newark
I LOVE this moisturizer! I use it with the red clay cleanser from FAB and it’s an awesome duo if you have combination skin like I do! Gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture while still keeping the excessive oils at bay!
Cara S.
Absolutely love this product! I use it every day with and without makeup on top. It helps keep my oily face matte daily. It is a little pricey but a little goes a long way, I definitely recommend to my oily gals
Lisa W.
I use this as a moisturizer before I start applying my makeup.  I like how it's moisturizing despite the fact that it's a mattifying gel it doesn't leave your skin feeling dry or stiff.  It dries onto your skin fairly quickly so you can start applying other face product like primers, foundations, etc.
Alex W.
This product promised a lot for oily skin but it helped only temporaly and is not good for the summer time. it felt like it melted off of my face. Would not repurchase.
Jorge R.
Santa Rosa, NM
Perfect if you don't want too look like a grease ball after you moisturize than this is for you, it looks as of you didn't even put any thunk on your skin. And it minimizes the looks of poors who doesn't like that?
Josephine P.
Charleston, WV
I have oily skin and i like to fill my pores
So I got this product the texture is like a gel type silicone after you apply it it feels soft and non greasy you can wear it with or without make up.
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA
I really love this as a moisturizer! When I first got a small sample, I thought this was supposed to be a mattifying primer (as the name suggests) that would mattify my skin instantly. Nope. That's not what it does. So if you're hoping for something to make you look matte before you apply makeup, you're going to be disappointed. This is a moisturizer for oily skin. It hydrates my skin and helps control oil throughout the day. It does not immediately mattify my skin, but it keeps my skin looking balanced all day and prevents my T-zone from becoming an oil slick. I'm definitely purchasing the full size.
Erin M.
Rockville, MD
This stuff truly is a holy grail for everyone with combo to oily skin! This is the only moisturizer I have ever bought more then once and that's something big coming from a beauty junkie like me!

Because of its gel texture it's perfect for oily/combo skin types, it doesn't make you extra oily and doesn't dry out the normal to dry parts of your skin, but instead gives you the hydration that you NEED.

As an added bonus, it can also be used as a makeup Primer! I love products that can multitask so this is a staple for me.
Briar C.
Long Grove, IA
Do I rinse this off??? Please tell me how to use this. SOS
Carly C.
Is this worth the price? I have oily, acne prone skin and have heard that gel products are really good for your skin, but I don't know if I can bring myself to spend $30 on a moisturizer. Does it actually minimize pores and oil?
Tayah F.
Federal Way, WA
Ive been looking for a good lotion, cream, or gel for my oily skin, my pores need some serious help and I need something that won't be heavy
Josephine P.
Charleston, WV
Ive been wanted a product that controls my oil but doesnt dry me out and that is suitable for sensitive skin and worth the money does this product to all these things ?
Kimberly L.
Athens, GA
I've read that this actually causes more oil and isn't Mattifying. I love the cleanser but would like some insight before purchasing this gel. Does this actually help with oil prevention?