BY FIRST AID BEAUTY #26 in Oil Control & Mattifying Products

Description:

A gel moisturizer that provides oily or acne-prone skin with the perfect balance of hydration and oil control. This non-comedogenic formulation has a unique water-break texture that delivers refreshing lightweight moisture, while instantly disappearing.The gel moisturizer is formulated with ingredients to both hydrate and control oil. It includes the natural oil-fighters FMLT SeboCure, a proprietary blend to help diminish sebum—reducing greasy skin and discouraging future blemishes from forming. Zinc PCA and Lecithin also help decrease surface sebum and reduce the appearance of pores for a more refined-looking complexion. Antioxidant-rich Salicornia Herbacea helps boost skin’s hydration levels, while Ceramide 3 helps protect the skin’s barrier, giving skin a more plump and youthful-looking appeara

Aqua (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-10, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Phytosterols , Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ceramide NP, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract, Niacinamide, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Lecithin, Caprylyl Methicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Azelaic Acid, Pyridoxine HCI, Zinc PCA, Polysilicone-11, Polysorbate 80, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.

• Do I rinse this off??? Please tell me how to use this. SOS 3 Answers
  • Do I put this gel on before my moisturiser or after? 2 Answers
  • I've read that this actually causes more oil and isn't Ma...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Carolann C.
Lizella, GA
At first I didn't like this. When I purchased it, I had intended to use it as a mattifing primer. By lunchtime, my skin was an oil slick! My skin is usually oily and this product as a mattifier just doesn't work for me. It is, however, one of my holy grail moisturizers at night! A little goes a long way and it leaves my skin hydrated but not weighed down or greasy. I love that it contains Niacinamide and azelaic acid, great ingredients for those combatting acne. I'd give this 5 stars if it was advertised differently than a mattifier.
Leila✨ A.
st.louis
I got this as a sample and I fell in love with it. It works really well as a primer before you put makeup on. It’s super light weight. Honestly I didn’t think that I would like this. But it is great. I need to buy the full size!!
Ashley D.
Des Moines, IA
I really love this moisturizer after I wash my face in the morning before I start my makeup! It really keeps my oily skin in check throughout the day which is so helpful especially in the summer time! However, there is a drugstore alternative that works just as well for a fraction of the price! I would recommend trying the  Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Oil-Free Moisturizer with Aloe Vera & Bamboo  because it works the same and is way cheaper!
Lisa W.
I use this as a moisturizer before I start applying my makeup.  I like how it's moisturizing despite the fact that it's a mattifying gel it doesn't leave your skin feeling dry or stiff.  It dries onto your skin fairly quickly so you can start applying other face product like primers, foundations, etc.
Elizabeth B.
newark
I LOVE this moisturizer! I use it with the red clay cleanser from FAB and it’s an awesome duo if you have combination skin like I do! Gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture while still keeping the excessive oils at bay!
Alex W.
This product promised a lot for oily skin but it helped only temporaly and is not good for the summer time. it felt like it melted off of my face. Would not repurchase.
Nikki S.
Aiea, HI
Until I tried this product, I was searching for years for a mattifying moisturizer - let me rephrase... a GOOD mattifying moisturizer.

Tried this upon recommendation from a Sephora employee. It’s super light weight, moisturizes well and dries instantly. It feels like I’m not wearing any product. I can wear both my powder and liquid foundation on it, and it goes on smoothly. Also - a little bit of product goes a very long way! It hasn't caused to breakout and it definitely keeps my oil at bay throughout the day! Looooove! First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Oilfree Mattifying Gel 2 Oz
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA
I really love this as a moisturizer! When I first got a small sample, I thought this was supposed to be a mattifying primer (as the name suggests) that would mattify my skin instantly. Nope. That's not what it does. So if you're hoping for something to make you look matte before you apply makeup, you're going to be disappointed. This is a moisturizer for oily skin. It hydrates my skin and helps control oil throughout the day. It does not immediately mattify my skin, but it keeps my skin looking balanced all day and prevents my T-zone from becoming an oil slick. I'm definitely purchasing the full size.
Erin M.
Rockville, MD
This stuff truly is a holy grail for everyone with combo to oily skin! This is the only moisturizer I have ever bought more then once and that's something big coming from a beauty junkie like me!

Because of its gel texture it's perfect for oily/combo skin types, it doesn't make you extra oily and doesn't dry out the normal to dry parts of your skin, but instead gives you the hydration that you NEED.

As an added bonus, it can also be used as a makeup Primer! I love products that can multitask so this is a staple for me.
Rachel D.
I really like this product, it worked well with my acne prone, oily skin. However, it's very pricey which is a major downfall for me. The packaging is hygienic, but I had to cut open the tube when I couldn't squeeze the product out anymore - and it's a good thing I did because there was a ton left in there! Unfortunately, this meant I had to keep this in a baggie and hope it didn't get super contaminated or dry out.
Briar C.
Long Grove, IA
Do I rinse this off??? Please tell me how to use this. SOS
Gardenia M.
Fort Wayne, IN
Do I put this gel on before my moisturiser or after?
Tayah F.
Federal Way, WA
Ive been looking for a good lotion, cream, or gel for my oily skin, my pores need some serious help and I need something that won't be heavy
Carly C.
Is this worth the price? I have oily, acne prone skin and have heard that gel products are really good for your skin, but I don't know if I can bring myself to spend $30 on a moisturizer. Does it actually minimize pores and oil?
Josephine P.
Charleston, WV
Ive been wanted a product that controls my oil but doesnt dry me out and that is suitable for sensitive skin and worth the money does this product to all these things ?