BY FIRST AID BEAUTY #51 in Facial Cleansers

This foaming gel cleanser removes excess oils, unclogs pores, and purifies the skin with a powerful combination of red clay, rosemary leaf oil, and botanical antioxidants. By drawing out the skin s toxins, this clay cleanser controls outbreaks and reduces sebum production for a more balanced complexion. Pores will instantly appear smaller, and the complexion will feel deeply cleansed. Perfect for anyone with problem-prone, combination, or oily skin or as a deep treatment cleanse for normal skin, this foaming gel cleanser removes makeup, dirt, and grime. Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay see more...

• Has anyone tried this? Is it any good? #fab #firstaidbeauty #exfo...4 Answers
  • Where can you purchase this cleanser at?7 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jennifer A.
Lake Forest, CA
I added this to my skincare routine after reading reviews about it's pore minimizing abilities. I have clear skin - except for the occasional painful pimple that occurs around that time of month, but I always want to minimize the appearance of pores and clear out any clogged pores on my nose. I have found this cleanser to be the only product so far to help with this. It doesn't abolish congested pores for good or shrink pores - I dot think that's possible - but it does minimize them the best. This is not like a typical cleanser I use, it's a gel (not thick like a clay mask) and doesn't lather up, but it does deep clean the skin without making my oily/comibnation skin feel stripped. The one downside of this product it that I have to use it continually (I use it as my nighttime face wash) because the first week of use my skin breaks out - I think it's purging, bringing stuff up to the surface. But for the results, I will happily continue to use this product in my routine.
Erica S.
Recieved sample size in my most recent Sephora Play box. Absolutely addicted to it now. I do have oilier skin but in the summer my face looks & feels like a grease factory within minutes of washing it no matter what products I use, until this cleanser with red clay. It seriously dries up all the excess oil and keeps my face feeling and looking smooth and oil free All DAY* I've never used a product that worked so well for oil ever. It is gel like but a little sticky and it doesn't really work up a lather or anything like that but boy does it work. The tiniest bit goes a long way. I can cleanse my whole face and neck evenly with a pea size amount. One thing I wouldn't do is use it alone as a full face cleanser to like remove makeup and such. It is too gentle for that. I will either combine it with my daily face cleaners or cleanse with my face products first then use that 2nd. Either way I already ordered the full size because the results are unimaginable.
Vicky Q.
Brooklyn, NY
I have combination skin, more towards the oily side and I'm not really acne prone except once in a while, I would get the enormous disasters on my T zone. However, I do have large pores.

For the longest time, I've been trying to find something to help minimize my pores. My friend recommended this product to me and I decided to add to my skincare routine. I would use this as a morning cleanser daily and I found that it tightens my skin, not really minimizing my pores which is my biggest concern. I also found that it dries out my skin and leaves dry patches around my nose and smile lines so I stopped using it as a morning cleanser. I do still use it at least once a week when I'm feeling a bit more oily or when I'm starting to break out.

Would I repurchase? Maybe, if I don't find anything better.
However, I do recommend this to people who have oily skin.
Angela L.
Saint Louis, MO
First of all, the whole red clay thing is kind of silly - yes, there's clay, which is good for getting rid of oil, but there's nothing special or useful about the iron oxides that make this product red (or the mica that makes it shimmery. Why you need something you're just going to wash off to be shimmery, I will never know). I have combo-oily skin that tends to be oilier in the summer, but using this twice a day every day was still too drying for me - I ended up with some flaking on my nose. I'm currently using it to wash my scalp/hair, actually, and it works well for that since my scalp gets really oily and I'm trying to not wash my hair so often (once every 2-3 days right now)
Liz V.
Long Beach, CA
I've been using this product for awhile now, and started using it when my skin wasn't doing so well (super oily no matter what I did and breakouts/clogged pores) I have noticed somewhat of improvement. Although it hasn't cleared my skin completely, I have noticed a reduction in clogged and congested pores. I have also noticed my skin is slightly less oily (not completely but not as bad as before) overall I like this product and will continue to search for something to pair with it (probably will try pairing it with the first aid red clay mask)
Claire G.
I got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora and I actually really like it. It feels good I my face but I wish it would have a bit more description on how long to have it on and stuff. Not only that but this product is supposed to clean out your pores or something and I just don't see that happening. I've been using this one a day for a week now and leaving it on for 3-5 minutes. Makes my skin feel tight and clean though so that's a major part in why I like it. New spring favorite I guess since it isn't so bad.
Erica Q.
This cleanser has a clay like smell but it is not strong at all. The cleanser is red and it lathers up real well. I apply it to my dampened face and wash my face as usually then I rinse. After use my skin feels refreshed and clean. I have not experienced any irritation or sensitivity with it. Also I've been using both Am and Pm for better results. It does remove makeup and surface oil on my face. I also notice when I have a small blemish it goes away faster when I use this wash plus it doest dry my skin out.
Shanay H.
I received this as a sample from I believe Ipsy bag. I have just had it and didn't try it for awhile. I recently went on a mini vacation and threw this inside my travel bag... Omg. I'm in love. This is truly a deep cleanser. It has cleaned my face and I see improvements with just the small sample. It is a thick gel like consistency. You use it like you would any other cleanser. ( wet face, apply, lather, rinse) it's not too harsh on my sensitive skin.. Over all I would recommend this to anyone.
Brigée M.
Saint Bernard, LA
I received the sample size of this product in my Play! By Sephora box. I have combo to dry skin, and I felt that this dried my face out TOO much. I'm more on the dry side which is why this didn't work out for me. It smells nice and is a red gel like texture that turns into a nice lather. I would say that this is much more suited for oily to very oily skin. It did not cause any irritation or acne as far as I can tell. UPDATE: this product caused a few breakouts and worsened some current acne.
Jeannette O.
I'm not sure how committed I feel to this product but I liked it just enough I suppose. It's a gel cleanser with a slight shimmer from the red clay. Clay tends to be wonderfully detoxifying for your skin. Something that I always need! I My skin didn't feel incredibly different. It lathers up nicely and I find it useful with my Clarisonic Mia or Foreo Luna. If you want something that gives you a deeper clean feeling with clay, I would go for the Glamglow Cleanser in the white tube.
Lisa M.
St Augustine , FL
Where can you purchase this cleanser at?
Jessica D.
Does this remove excess oil without drying out the skin?
Sabrina D.
Montgomery, IL
Stephanie O.
Elizabethtown, PA
Is this good for acne? Or acne scars?