BY FIRST AID BEAUTY #40 in Face Primer

Meet Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer, a superfood-powered, oil-free priming moisturizer that brightens, moisturizes, and smooths, while visibly blurring pores and imperfections.

Makeup meets skincare with this two-in-one moisturizer and makeup-gripping primer. Formulated with superfood ingredients that are rich in vital proteins, electrolytes, and minerals and infused with a natural coconut scent, this priming moisturizer hydrates and smooths skin as light-reflecting micro-pearls impart a subtle, dewy luminosity. The result is beautiful, healthy-looking skin when worn alone and long-lasting makeup when used as a prep step.

Buy on Sephora
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
I received this as a sample and am blown away. It's light, absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. Even my faves tend to be too heavy for my t-zone. It does have a light scent, which would normally annoy me because of my allergies, but it's pleasant and doesn't appear to trigger them. This just might become my daytime and under makeup moisturizer from now on.

ETA: Sadly, had to dock it a star as it's not holding up well in damp, humid weather. And it's leaving my skin feeling a bit more tacky than it did the first few times. Going really light helps some though, and a little goes a long way.

ETA2: Not sure what's up here, but the full size I purchased isn't acting like the sample I loved. My skin ends up tacky instead of soft and smooth. Really disappointed. You'd think the full size would act the same as the sample they sent, and I'm not sure what was different in circumstances that made it work before. I'll probably continue to use it under makeup, but as a standalone, it's not working for me after all.

ETA3: Finally figured some of this out. One, I have to go REALLY light on the product, which doesn't bother me since that means it will last longer. But it doesn't hold up well in humidity, thus the problems noted above. I still like it, but it's not the perfect fit for Georgia. I'll have to start hunting for something that can stand up to our humidity.
Gwen S.
Columbus

I
really like this primer. It goes on smooth and easily. My face looks
way less cakey when applying this before my foundation and powder. It
doesn't hide my pores or keep my foundation from showing my pores, but
definitely keeps the cakey-ness from happening. So it allows for a natural
look.

There
is a light tint (not pure white cream) to this primer when you look at
it, but it does not really show on my fair/light skin at all. This lets
my foundation have a more true to color effect. It definitely makes my
face feel softer and less dry. works effectively as both a primer and a
moisturizer, but you still need to use sunscreen separately with it.
Tara H.
This was nothing special for me. I was looking for something moisturizing to use under my TF Born This Way, and Sephora had this as a 100 point perk. It is a pearly color which gives a little bit of luminosity to the face. It also smells great! I just hated how this felt on my skin. It didn’t feel moisturizing at all; rather, it felt as if it was actually sucking the life out of my skin. It also did nothing for my pores and didn’t seem to prolong the wear of my foundation. Maybe there is an ingredient in there that just doesn’t agree with my skin. If you have dry/normal skin I would definitely get a sample of this before buying!
Magdalena c.
I bought a kit with a few products from this brand and this was one of them, I had been using it alone and it is hydrating but I decided to use it as a primer since the bottle says I can use it alone or with makeup and after a few hrs maybe 3hrs my face was gray! And I do mean GRAY, I’ve never had that happen before, I didn’t do anything different in my make up routine other than this, it was horrible! I’m glad it didn’t happen until I was already home, I will finish the product and use it just on it’s on but I don’t think I will repurchase again.
Ryan H.
Lebanon, NJ
I thought this primer would make my skin super oily because it’s supposed to be moisturizing and I have combo skin. My skin was looking dull and dry from the winter weather so I decided to try the sample I gave. Not only did it look good without any foundation over it but it actually looked and felt pretty good under makeup. I did get slightly oily so I probably wouldn’t use this in the summer but it looked super naturally glowy so I will continue to use it this time of year. Plus it smells great!
Braili T.
Hubbard, OR
I absolutely love this primer. I have super oily skin, and I went through dozens of different silicone based primers looking for one that wouldn't leave me feeling greasy or totally trash my makeup halfway through the day. I tried the too faced hangover primer, but it made me break out and I really didn't care for the smell. I had a foil packet of this stuff, and I was shocked by how great my skin looked after using it. Foundation applies beautifully over this primer, it smells nice, and doesn't break me out at all. It actually controls the oil on my face better than any primer I've used, and my foundation stays beautiful all day. I bought the full size, and I am very pleased with my purchase. This is great for sensitive, oily, dry, and combination skin!
Berlynn Y.
Denison, TX
Hellllo current #GiftCrush!!
I got the mini little trial size in a Sephora bag that had tons of great skincare buys and this quickly became my favorite of the bunch. The smells fruity and sweet but not too strong. It glides on the skin and instantly hydrates. It primes my cheeks for makeup that always seems to smudge and fade. This is such an amazing product for someone that always has issues catering to her sensitive, eczema-prone skin and I've already put the full sized tube on my holiday wishlist.
Erin W.
I really like this primer however to me it works more as a moisturizer. I love how it gives my skin a bit of radiance and it feels so good when you apply it. My skin drinks it right up. It gives a nice amount of hydration. It claims to blur pores which I don’t think it does at all. I don’t think it really helped my makeup stay on longer. I’m torn because I like it but I don’t think it’s that great of a primer. Like I said, it’s a great moisturizer moreso a primer.
Brooke B.
Chatham, VA
You know when you see a product for the first time and instantly you KNOW you need it in your collection? That was this product for me.

After the two year wait, all i can say is- it’s WORTH it.

I have pretty big pores, my face sometimes looks a little more red than anything else, and i tend to love the no foundation look lately. THIS was created for me.

First of all the product isn’t sticky, tacky, or feels like i put melted frosting on my face which is always a plus. It’s like taking a few seconds of your time to give your skin a little TLC rather that’s the only thing in your makeup routine or step 1 of 100.

It’s lightweight, evens my skin tone, and doesn’t smell weird or have a smell you’ll notice throughout the day.

10/10 id recommend to anyone who would listen. It will be a repurchase for sure.
Anissa D.
Mcallen, TX
Omg, love love love. I struggle with pores and finding a good moisturizer and primer that helps with the smoothness and less visible pores. The coconut oil held so much too, the finish product is smooth and glowing. Even can wear it alone and the face is glowing. Worth the money for sure since it brings out a smooth glowing face! First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
Sonia C.
Long Beach, CA
I have sensitive skin and I'm prone to breakouts - does this clog your skin or make you breakout?
Pinkyy J.
Los banos, CA
First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer just looking for opinions or thoughts on this product, had it recommended for my dry skin, thanks
gracie f.
Hacienda Hts, CA
Would you recommend this primer or the Too Faced Hangover?
Katie S.
Does this actually prime your skin? Or is it just more of a moisturizer?
Stephanie S.