BY FIRST AID BEAUTY #33 in Face Primer

Meet Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer, a superfood-powered, oil-free priming moisturizer that brightens, moisturizes, and smooths, while visibly blurring pores and imperfections.

Makeup meets skincare with this two-in-one moisturizer and makeup-gripping primer. Formulated with superfood ingredients that are rich in vital proteins, electrolytes, and minerals and infused with a natural coconut scent, this priming moisturizer hydrates and smooths skin as light-reflecting micro-pearls impart a subtle, dewy luminosity. The result is beautiful, healthy-looking skin when worn alone and long-lasting makeup when used as a prep step.

Buy on Sephora
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this as a sample and am blown away. It's light, absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. Even my faves tend to be too heavy for my t-zone. It does have a light scent, which would normally annoy me because of my allergies, but it's pleasant and doesn't appear to trigger them. This just might become my daytime and under makeup moisturizer from now on.

ETA: Sadly, had to dock it a star as it's not holding up well in damp, humid weather. And it's leaving my skin feeling a bit more tacky than it did the first few times. Going really light helps some though, and a little goes a long way.

ETA2: Not sure what's up here, but the full size I purchased isn't acting like the sample I loved. My skin ends up tacky instead of soft and smooth. Really disappointed. You'd think the full size would act the same as the sample they sent, and I'm not sure what was different in circumstances that made it work before. I'll probably continue to use it under makeup, but as a standalone, it's not working for me after all.

ETA3: Finally figured some of this out. One, I have to go REALLY light on the product, which doesn't bother me since that means it will last longer. But it doesn't hold up well in humidity, thus the problems noted above. I still like it, but it's not the perfect fit for Georgia. I'll have to start hunting for something that can stand up to our humidity.
Magdalena c.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought a kit with a few products from this brand and this was one of them, I had been using it alone and it is hydrating but I decided to use it as a primer since the bottle says I can use it alone or with makeup and after a few hrs maybe 3hrs my face was gray! And I do mean GRAY, I’ve never had that happen before, I didn’t do anything different in my make up routine other than this, it was horrible! I’m glad it didn’t happen until I was already home, I will finish the product and use it just on it’s on but I don’t think I will repurchase again.
Tanya M.
Campbell, CA
First I’d like to say this stuff smells amazing lol
I received this product in my Sephora Play Box and got really excited that it was a moisturizer and primer in one! I have dry skin, so anything that says moisturizing I am all for! This product works great! And I have noticed a difference in the way my makeup looks after 6+ hours with this primer. My new favorite primer, I have already went out and bought the full size product!
Braili T.
Hubbard , OR
I absolutely love this primer. I have super oily skin, and I went through dozens of different silicone based primers looking for one that wouldn't leave me feeling greasy or totally trash my makeup halfway through the day. I tried the too faced hangover primer, but it made me break out and I really didn't care for the smell. I had a foil packet of this stuff, and I was shocked by how great my skin looked after using it. Foundation applies beautifully over this primer, it smells nice, and doesn't break me out at all. It actually controls the oil on my face better than any primer I've used, and my foundation stays beautiful all day. I bought the full size, and I am very pleased with my purchase. This is great for sensitive, oily, dry, and combination skin!
Kris J.
Clear Lake
Beauty Junkie Expert
Of all my primer reviews, this one is my saddest.  I received a sample of this in my Sephora Play box.  I love all things coconut, so I was excited to try this.  It feels amazing, made my skin look radiant, and really worked great in combination with my Born this Way foundation.  HOWEVER, I gave me terrible acne breakouts.  I have combination skin that leans more towards dry but I occasionally get acne on my chin.  This primer gave me 8 painful, oily pimples within 2 days of using it.  I loved it so much I was hoping something else was causing it, so I skipped using it for 2 weeks.  Tried it again, and the same thing happened.  It took me weeks to get my acne healed down.
Valerie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a full size of this in the Sephora Skin Wonderland box and think its a great moisturizer. It is super calming and my skin feels moisturized and plump and fresh. Not only that, but I've noticed a slight shimmer to the cream that makes my skin glow - not like glitter though, just a glow! The only thing I don't like from this product is the "priming" effect it's supposed to have. Maybe as a priming moisturizer before an actual primer, but by itself... I noticed my makeup was sliding off quicker than it normally does throughout the day. I would highly recommend as a moisturizer, but don't expect a primer.
Nicki P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of my favorite primers for summer. It’s very light and smells great. It’s moisturizing enough but does not make my face oily in the summer which is one of my biggest issues. Use to use another primer very similar to this one & I can say I am in love with this primer for the summer.
Mari T.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this everyday. It smells amazing and makes my skin feel great. I originally purchased it thinking it was similar to the Becca Backlight Priming Filter but I think they are different, or at least I use both differently. This one I use it all over my face and it gives me a dewy and pretty complexion.
Jasmine M.
Burlington, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was very let down by this moisturizer. I'm a big fan of the moisturizing and healing powers of coconut oil, but this product had a weird finish. It left a ..... weird film on my face. When i went to touch my face, to feel it, it rubbed off. It looked like pencil eraser dust, on a much smaller scale. I thought maybe I didn't do a good job removing all the makeup residue the night before so i SCRUBBED my face the next night & tried again. Still, the same thing happened. Gave this 1 star for how smooth the moisturizer looks & feels as you apply it. I used a painter style brush to apply.
Myra H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tend to have dry skin during fall/winter/early spring where I live so thought that this would be a great product because it would hydrate and prime my skin, helping me knock a step out of my morning routine. I like it enough as a moisturizer and have no real feelings towards it as a primer, although I have to make sure I don't use too much or the makeup sits over it strangely (this is with any foundation I've used). I noticed that it adds a bit of radiance to the skin so I like using it on days when I don't wear foundation so that my skin looks smooth and bright.
Sonia C.
Long Beach, CA
I have sensitive skin and I'm prone to breakouts - does this clog your skin or make you breakout?
Pinkyy J.
Patterson, CA
First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer just looking for opinions or thoughts on this product, had it recommended for my dry skin, thanks
gracie f.
Hacienda Hts, CA
Would you recommend this primer or the Too Faced Hangover?
Megan W.
Scottsdale, AZ
Can this be used as a moisturizer then another hydrating primer over?
Stephanie S.