BY PIXAR #15 in Movies

Fans of Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo are sure to enjoy the whole story of a brave clown fish who leaves his home in Australia's Great Barrier Reef to rescue his captured son from a dentist's fish tank. Readers will also love the eight-page insert featuring full-color stills from the hit movie "From the Trade Paperback edition. see more...

Finding Nemo
  • "It is a great movie teaches about safety and friendship it is a definite must see if you havent already!" in 29 reviews
  • "This movie is so great, it shows people you can come up from a tragedy by sticking together and just keep swimming." in 21 reviews
  • "Very cute movie, but with a great message about accepting people that are different from you, and that just because you may have a disability, doesnt mean you can't do anything." in 17 reviews
  • "I can never get tired of this movie, I hope they come out with more from this movie, as long as the story line is great." in 13 reviews
  • "This is one of my favorite movies, I was hoping for a sequel that would lead to Nemos mom & most of his brothers and sisters actually being alive just very far away!" in 12 reviews
Abby H.
Hopatcong
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie is so cute. It has meaning to it as well. The characters in it are really great and they entertain you the entire movie. I enjoyed the entire movie and can’t think of a favorite scene. It is a movie that will be watches by many for years to come.
Alyssa S.
Chicago
Aww I’ve seen Finding Nemo about a million times- not an exaggeration. By far my favorite Pixar movie. I get emotional every time and it always makes me laugh. Such a feel good movie. The characters are perfectly animated and really come to life.
Michelle H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Pixar has some great movies but this one has to be at the top of the list. It is such a wholesome movies, and it does a great job of bringing a wave of different emotions. The plot evolves around a clown fish (Marlin) trying to find his only son (Nemo) after a tragic accident. It shows his journey, as well as Nemo's. I'll spare the details for you to watch. The graphics are pretty good considering the movie came out in 2003, and the voice actors were perfect for each role.
t s.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Finding Nemo has to be one of Disney’s best movies! The animations are incredible to really capture a motion picture movie under water. The storyline is so sad but it has a happy ending. The some of the characters are really funny. Definitely recommend watching this movie
Rosie R.
San Gabriel , CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Another great Pixar movie. Great story telling. I love dory! She’s my favorite character. Another great movie me and my kids enjoy watching together. Would definitely recommend this really cute heartwarming movie.
Stefani G.
My kids loves finding nemo! They learned the importance of family and they love the colors,m of the ocean and the different type of dishes under the sea! Very fun movie to watch with the family!
Olivia W.
Claremont, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Pixar can never do wrong. This movie was so cool for me as a kid, and as an adult I still love the story. It’s funny for all ages but with a meaningful message you’ll really love and value
Nikole S.
Beautiful movie showing the connection of a parent to a kid and vice versus. And Dory’s happy and hopefully attitude is amazing! The krill are a really cute addition as well. I like this movie and so does my daughter. It is a must watch.
Shazi L.
Brooklyn, NY
I'm twenty-three years old and and this movie came out when I was ten, in the fifth grade. To this day, I still say this is my favorite movie. I watched it at least sixteen times the year it came out, and I've rewatched it countless times since then. It is one of the most hilarious Pixar movies to date, full of lovable characters and oh-so-quotable scenes! The movie progresses so naturally, but each checkpoint that Marlin and Dory come across really keeps you wondering what's going to happen next! Dory is a frustrating character to deal with, but she's funny enough that you could never dislike her, and though Marlin's uptight, his concern for his son and his eventual character development really makes you understand and appreciate him. The Tank Gang that Nemo becomes a part of is filled with unique fish, and there's not a single part of this movie that's boring or drags on. To me, this movie is perfect and I'll be rewatching it until I'm old and gray! Sharkbait, hoo ha ha!
Lauren R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
"Finding Nemo" is the fifth film released by Pixar, and it is certainly one of their best. It tells the story of a clownfish named Marlin, voiced by Albert Brooks, who suffered a great loss when his wife and most of his soon-to-be hatched children were eaten by a barracuda. Pretty terrifying, right? These tragic beginnings would kind of become a tradition for Pixar and are now par for the course by parent company Disney, which has an affinity towards killing off one or both parent figures at some point within most of its films. Marlin's only remaining child is named Nemo, voiced by Alexander Gould, who was left with an underdeveloped fin as result of the attack. This experience makes Marlin an overprotective father, never wanting to let Nemo out of his sights for more than a few seconds. This is perhaps the most dominant theme of the movie, knowing when to let your kids go so they can explore the world for themselves. If Marlin had ever cut Nemo some slack, Nemo wouldn't have acted in defiance of his father. This defiance ultimately gets him taken by a scuba diver. After Nemo is taken, Marlin sets off after the diver's boat, but loses it in the chase. He then meets the only fish able to help him, a Blue Tang named Dory, voiced by Ellen Degeneres, who unfortunately suffers from short term memory loss. Together, the anxious Marlin and the relaxed but forgetful Dory must explore the vast and deep ocean to find little Nemo against all odds big and small.

As we mentioned above, "Finding Nemo" is one of the best movies under the Pixar banner. It is such a touching, fun, sweet film, a wonderful adventure filled with excitement and peril. It is also extremely funny, filled with humor both adults and kids will smile about long after the movie has ended. Perhaps the funniest parts of the film come when Nemo is placed in a fish tank in a dentist's office after being captured. Scared and thinking he's alone, he quickly realizes where he is, surrounded by a magnificent, lively cast of characters who have been in the tank for far too long. His tank mates are voiced by the likes of Brad Garrett, Willem Dafoe, Allison Janney, Austin Pendleton, Stephen Root, Vicki Lewis, and Joe Ranft. Some of the movie's most amusing moments come from this oddball group found within the fish tank as they constantly plan their escape. They also work together to help with Nemo's morale and lift his swindling spirits as he adjusts to life in a tank. Much of the rest of the humor comes from Dory and her condition. As forgetful as she is, she always seems to know what to say, and we see and hear Ellen Degeneres' irresistible charm shine through Dory brilliantly. Albert Brooks is a great comedian in his own right. The dry wit in his delivery is perfect for an overprotective parent type. Though he mostly functions as a straight man here, we admire Marlin's resolve to find his son in the face of great adversity, even when he's scared and doesn't know where he's going.

We absolutely love this movie. We find ourselves completely enthralled by the story each time we watch it. The animation is still some of the best Pixar has ever produced, containing bright, flashy colors, vast oceanic landscapes, and iconic, interesting creatures. It's fun and exciting, mixes happiness with many emotional lessons about life, parenthood, and friendship, and combines the many hazards of life and the sea with the emotions of self-exploration and letting go. "Finding Nemo" is everything you want a movie to be. We love this just as much today as we did 13 years ago when we saw it in the theater when it was first released.
Asha R.
Tampa, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Was finding Nemo better than the dory movie?
Dominique R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
How many people still watch this movie in 2016? :)
Summer H.
Who is your favorite character?
Maddisen S.
Des Moines , IA
Who is your favorite character and why?
Ashley P.
Evans City, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Who is the voice of dory?