Final Fantasy XIII-2 Video Game uploaded by April W.

BY FINAL FANTASY XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Video Game
  • "The story line has an astounding depth that really pulls you in and makes you come back repeatedly just to hear all of the twists and turns." in 12 reviews
  • "The fantasy element was there, the battle system was too controlled and The music was mediocre, not like former years where I bought soundtracks due to the beauty of the melody's." in 8 reviews
  • "There are a Number of side quests to play, and multiple endings." in 5 reviews
Charlene L.
West Covina, CA
I'll start off on why I like this game first, and what it could improve on next. THE GOOD: First off, as always, Square Enix has absolutely stunning graphics. That's the main reason I love most of their games-their beautiful artwork got me into art. That aside, I also feel that Square Enix listened to the complaints against FFXIII (the first one) and made sure to do something about those complaints in this game. Confusing story line from FFXIII has been fixed! It's much easier to understand what is going on in this game. Plot holes? It's okay, everything makes sense when you pop in a paradox! However, the main problem of having a linear storyline is what has really been fixed. You can advance the story whenever you want, but it doesn't restrict you from going back in time and revisiting older maps, which you can replay for different outcomes. Due to this feature, while some may complain that this game is a lot shorter than the first FFXIII, it is actually much, much longer because of all the extra content replaying a map gives you. Personally, I am a roamer and I enjoy the "what-ifs" when you're faced with a choice. I will be forever haunted by the other choices I could have taken once I'm stuck with one. This game cures that curiosity, and I love it for that. Also, the level up system is simply beautiful. I love it. If any of you out there are long time FF fans, then you would recognize the level up system from FFX. I enjoyed this a lot because leveling up actually became a part of your gameplay strategy. You have to think about how you want to level up each thing, which stats you want to max out on which character. Something else that I kind of like is the monster system. You can capture monsters and use them in battle! It's not very helpful in the beginning because the monsters are generally pretty weak at first. However, later on you can capture stronger monsters that help a lot! They also do elaborate a little on the older characters in the first game, such as Vanille and Fang's past, Hope's future, etc. Last of all: BEAUTIFUL MUSIC. I literally cried when they played Serah's theme. NOW MOVING ONTO THE BAD: It's corny. I mean really, really corny. You don't want to be playing this with your friends because it will just be too corny. I don't know what it is with FFXIII and the corniness... Okay, corniness aside, I was also pretty pissed off to find out that I spent money to buy this game, and to unlock Lightning's story, I had to spend MORE money on it. The storyline was also kind of random. It just didn't flow out of the first game. They already had a happy ending at the end of the first game, and I feel like they just decided to kill that happy ending to make another game. What's worse is that this game also has a cliffhanger ending. It's almost forcing you to buy Lightning's Return or to watch the cutscenes of Lightning's Return to find out what happens. They literally wrote "To be continued". I was quite pissed off. Square Enix was in a deep financial pickle, but the money grubbing in this was a little too much. Also, while the cover art features Lightning, the actual storyline has little to do with Lightning at all, aside from finding her. You see Lightning once in the beginning but after that, it's basically all just Serah and Noel, so I feel that the cover art is somewhat misleading. In the actual game, while there is more content to explore, I feel that the items are really a little lacking. There are simply not enough items, and the items are pretty linear: you are forced to wait until the advancement in the story to upgrade your items, and you don't get a ton of choices in them.
Camille O.
Perris, CA
My all time favorite x-box game (and my favorite final fantasy game). This game has breathtaking cinematics and graphics. Also, this game got me addicted (in a good way) and I played everyday for long hours wanting to see what will happen next. And when I finished it, it left me a bittersweet feeling.
Ashley L.
Davenport, IA
This was the one game that I have actually played the game plus mode and started it over. It was fun changing outfits for different abilities instead of summoning creatures. The story line was great and took up from where final fantasy 10 left off. It filled in a lot of the games story line and questions from final fantasy ten. Although said to be more for the female gamers, this game was a love story with the great elements and game play of the final fantasy story line such as chocaboos and Cid.
Samantha H.
Guntown, MS
Final Fantasy XIII-2: Happy Go Lucky Fun Time Time Traveling Adventures! That ends with a punch right to the feelings. Harsh.

The Final Fantasy XIII trilogy gets a lot of hate, which is mostly unfounded. Sure, the first one was a linear hallway simulator that required you to read a whole database to follow the story but it at least gave you interesting characters to enjoy, minus Snow. Ugh, Snow.

The second game gives you tons of areas and timelines to explore. The battle system is only slightly changed from XIII but is just as easy to figure out and use. Final Fantasy as a whole tends to favor simpler combat mechanics because they're more focused on telling the story.

Noel is a worthwhile addition to the characters, even with his weird fixation on Yuel. Caius Ballad is a challenging villain and a fun boss even if he can be summed up with "MAKING BAD DECISIONS". Yuel adds nothing but confusion and is probably the weakest addition. She has great hair, but is only around to be cryptic and die over and over.
Alexa B.
Yakima, WA
And that is exactly what I mean. The original and this sequel are horrible and take the spirit out of Final Fantasy. I have always been a huge Final Fantasy fan. I played through 13- bought it FIRST DAY and after I realized it was horrible. I played the demo for this and have watched lets plays and it is not much better at all. If Final Fantasy continues like this they will not be able to live up to their name. I know these games have fans too, but they have a lot of fans who were let down as well myself included. The battle system sucks, the story sucks, the characters are not likeable to me and I just do not like these games. All others aside Every other Final Fantasy is AWESOME!!! and not like this one.

I give Final Fantasy XIII-2 a 1/10.

Gameplay 1/10
Graphics 10/10
Sound/Music 5/10
Replay Value 1/10
Taki V.
Austin, TX
Gamer Expert Level 3
Lol, accidentally placed this is Questions....okay, so anyway....I love the FF 13 series~! Honestly, I hated this game, 13-2, when I first started it because I though they were just making the 13 story very confusing. They should have just ended it with 13. However, 13-2 is a much more enjoyable game to play. I loved 13, but it was very one linear and not a lot of extra quests other than the extra battling of higher level monsters. 13-2 gave so much more, but I don't think a lot of people gave it a chance because they disliked 13. Play this game~! It's very enjoyable to play~!!
Traci L.
Philadelphia, PA
I played an older FF game, but I don't even remember it much. I had FFXIII and FFXIII-2. I enjoyed them both simply because the game was extremely beautiful and the soundtracks were excellent. I think those were the only factors keeping me sucked in now that I think about it. Sometimes I was confused but other times I understood my objectives clearly and I got quite far in both of these games. I actually wish I still had them. I think everyone would be able to play this game if they know how to hold a controller. I love adjusting the roles for the characters and unlocking abilities. That's my type of thing. If that's your type of thing - maybe you'll like this game and all the beauty it has to offer. Square Enix does a great job making things beautiful.
Savannah S.
Tucson, AZ
The only thing I can think of when I play this game is how much of a let down from the original series this is! I loved all the games from I-X but this one takes the cake on being awful. The storytelling is poor and I hardly knew what was going on until I read the giant blocks of text between cutscenes, which happen every 10 minutes of gameplay. Not only is this game highly non-immersive, but it doesn't take the necessary key notes of usual FF games. In my 5 hours of gameplay I was not entertained nor was I willing to replay any of it to get what I missed.
April W.
Omg. I love this game! Is it ok to have a crush on a non fiction character? Noel or Snow! I can't pick! Is Sera ever going to be back with snow!! Not only is this a great continuation of FF13, which that game was amazing may I add, but it is full of time travel adventures. Not as good as FF13 but looking forward to finishing this and heading in to game three!! Beautiful scenery. I just love Square Enix games.
Jamie S.
Summerville, SC
You have a bit more control over where your characters go in this game, with lots of optional timelines to explore. Beautiful graphics, music, gameplay, etc. My one gripe is.. where's the ending? Square jumped on the bandwagon of "Pay to unlock extra content!" and what the purchaser is left with is a pretty lousy doomsday ending that supposedly will be "fixed" in a future update. I was beyond annoyed that something that really shouldn't be considered optional or a bonus is both postponed with no date in sight, and must be paid for. I doubt I will play it again in the future for this reason, even though I am a huge fan of the series.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Which final fantasy has been your favorite throughout the years?
Brittany B.
Fond Du Lac, WI
How do you feel about the combat system in this game?
Jorezza E.
Which is your most favforite female and male characters in ff?
Inyoung L.
What do you think about the new "Lightning" game SE is going to release? Me? : FFXIII-3?! I want FFX HD already!
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Which final fantasy has been your favorite throughout the years?