by Fifty Shades of Grey
Ask a Question
Cathy J.
Cathy J.
Wentzville, MO

For those of you who think these books were poorly written I would like to know why? I've seen that comment a lot but no one ever says what is so poor about it.
Vanessa R.
Vanessa R.
Aug. 19, 2013, 10:59 p.m.
The characters were not very descriptive and neither were the scenes. It was like "he went to the ice cream stand" most authors describe the smells, the appearance of the ice cream stand, the way the character (who we are supposed to believe is "so hot"') walk, his talk, his outfit. This book did none of the above, and the sex scenes were like this as well. Its hard to connect with an audience without descriptions. The plot was non existent, emotions and actions were not explained, just done. It was very hard to be pulled into the fantasy, which isn't that the reason we loved twilight in the first place? Reading in the first place? This book was based on Edward and Bella. But It was obvious Stephanie Meyer didn't write this book.
Nomi R.
Nomi R.
Aug. 18, 2013, 9:21 a.m.
It was too common of a story-line and was predictable. Only two of the characters were very interesting and only because they were involved in the explicit scenes. I found myself wanting to skim through the rest of the book.
Kate S.
Kate S.
Aug. 13, 2013, 7:27 p.m.
The author said the same words over and over again and it was so boring, she didn't describe the scenes very well for ex., instead of writing " he was jaded and hiss eyelids felt havier and havier so he slowly fell asleep" the author wrote "he was tired and went to bed". that's very bed writing for a book even a 3rd greader could of done better
Niki R.
Niki R.
Aug. 10, 2013, 8:59 p.m.
I agree that the writing wasn't excellent. Also annoyed by the overuse of certain phrases. I did like the books, but didn't love them. Third book seemed a little rushed.
Kelli H.
Kelli H.
Aug. 8, 2013, 9:33 p.m.
To me, the writing felt very juvenile, like it was written by a teenager or for a teenager, not adults (and with the kind of subject matter of it, I think it should be written better). I felt like I was reading a book that was meant for someone much younger than I am just based on the writing style. It made it kind of awkward to read for me.
Lauren V.
Lauren V.
Aug. 3, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
I thought that is was poorly written and here is why: The author uses the same words and phrases over and over again. The same scene happens over and over again. The vocabulary and sentence structure is horrible. Grammer can be lacking at points as well. SO even though I will admit to reading all of them, I do not think that it was well written.

Join Now