Feral Interactive The Movies: Superstar Edition (Mac Games)

Lights! Camera! Action! The movies superstar edition brings together all of the great gameplay from the bafta-award winning game the movies, and the wealth of explosive extra sets and scenery provided by the stunts & effects expansion pack. This special edition also includes an exclusive soundtrack of the composer dan pemberton's fantastic music for the movies, which mimics a wide range of styles - from silent movie piano ditties to soaring, john williams-esque orchestral pieces - as he traces a century of cinema. see more...

Brandon B.
Clarkston, MI
Oh boy, how this game takes me back! The Movies is set up like your typical Tycoon game, and the point is to have the hottest movie studio in tinsel town! This is achieved by having the best actors, the best script writers and, obviously, the best movies. Of course, you need some bells and whistles to go about this whole movie-making thing, and the game offers an abundance of them! There's a vast wardrobe for you to dress your stars in, and a plethora of different sets to buy, each of them having their own focus (For example, the wild west saloon is, by design an action set, while the basement is a horror one) but not being limited (Example- you can use your saloon set for a comedy if you wanted to). This is the delux edition, of course, which means you get the expansion- Stunts and Effects. I got Stunts and Effects as I was starting to get bored of the regular game, and it added hours upon hours of happy gamer time! As the name would suggest, it adds stunt men and various special effects (both CGI and practical). The only real issue I have is keeping your stars happy. Yes, you have to keep morale up among your actors and directors, and I often find that they can be a bit... moody. Other than that, though, this game is a bunch of fun, and I would suggest it to any movie buff or tycoon game fans!
patricia m.
Never played this game but play one similar to this on PlayStation 3 it was a trivia movie one also but i would.play this one too
Yusbreili G.
I first encountered The Movies at the Apple Developer conference a few years ago. I just sat down at the computer to look at it for a minute and next thing I knew it was several hours later and I had missed most of the sessions I had wanted to go to. It was then I decided that I probably needed to buy the game.

My favorite types of games are sim and tycoon games and this one has elements from both categories. Even after hours of playing I didn't even know about the movie making aspect of the game. When I did discover it, I played with it a bit and found it rather fun and pretty easy to use, but still not what interested me in the game. The tycoon aspect isn't very difficult, but it isn't super easy and you can't slack off if you want to rise to the top of the movie making business. The sim aspect is also not too difficult, but adds some fun variability to the tycoon side. If your actors like their co-stars, they will do a better job. You also have take good care of your actors by giving them their own trailers and gardens. The happier they are, the better they act.

All in all, I feel like this game had just the right amount of difficulty and I like that it eventually ends. I like gaming, but don't have tons of time for it, so I like games I can finish in one day. And I really like games that I finish and then want to play again! I have beat this game at least three times and still want to go back and play more!