Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY FENTY BEAUTY #3 in Liquid Foundation

A soft matte, longwear foundation with buildable, medium to full coverage, in a boundary-breaking range of 40 shades.

Finally — the ultimate photo filter in foundation form. Born in 40 boundary-breaking shades, Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation gives skin an instantly smooth, pore-diffused, shine-free finish that easily builds to medium to full coverage. The oil-free formula is made with climate-adaptive technology that's resistant to sweat and humidity, and won't clog pores so that wherever you are, it's going to work on your skin. Best of all, this longwearing, light-as-air texture is undetectable on skin so you always look like you.

• Obsessive research to create the perfect range of shades for all
  • Exclusive insights from the world’s top makeup artists
  • Extensively tested for real life, on real women

We figured out that it takes the right balance of tone andtexture to make foundation work on every skin type. We obsessed over custom pigment levels to capture your truest tones with a soft matte finish that’s just right—not too matte and not too shiny. The result? A comfortable longwear formula that lets skin look like skin. Made for all women to love.

Shade-Finding Tips:

• Always shake before use to activate.
  • Pro Filt’r’s rich pigments need a moment to dry down to their truest color, so when you're testing shades, remember to let the formula dry completely to find your perfect match.
  • Deciding between two shades? Try the lighter shade.

Rihanna’s go-to shade? 340. She also wears 330, 360, or 370, depending on the time of year.

Fenty Beauty is 100% cruelty free.

AQUA/WATER/EAU, DIMETHICONE, TALC, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYPROPYLENE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, METHICONE, BENZOIC ACID, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SILICA, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-4, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, PAULLINIA CUPANA SEED EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SORBIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• 💕Let’s increase our scores ... Write your name one letter...42 Answers
  • I’m looking for a new foundation that won’t appear cakey ...19 Answers
  • Comparison to what other foundation?4 Answers
Selena R.
ep
Review for: 240 more...
I am in the shade 240. This is the first “high end” foundation I’ve ever owed and what really made me want to buy this product was the fact that they have 40 shades! I’m a person who always has trouble finding her shade simply because I’m not good at picking my foundation shade. 😂

So I went into Sephora and got color matched by a employee and I think she did pretty good! It was a huge eye opener for me because I was always choosing darker shades for my skin tone. Anyways, I came back home and the next day I applied the foundation the next day and I think I had high expectations that weren’t met with the foundation BUT I don’t hate it. I really do still like it and I still use it every time I put on makeup but I was expecting flawless skin but the coverage is pretty good. I noticed with a brush it had more full coverage than with a beauty sponge. What I didn’t like was how by my nose it would crease and I was expecting that wouldn’t happen but maybe that’s just my skin type in that area because not many foundations can cover my nose and not crease within a few minutes. I was impressed by how long I wore this foundation and it didn’t move. I think that if you have dry skin that maybe this foundation won’t be the best for you because it is VERY matte. I would say that if you buy this foundation be careful because it does dry pretty quickly! This was my first fenty beauty product and I plan on purchasing more! I believe I’ll purchase the primer next because I did hear how the primer and the foundation work well together.

UPDATE: I just noticed it leaves flashback 😩 I am really sad about that because i was hoping it was perfect for me!

Pros:
good coverage
great color match
lasts a long time
good for oily skin

Cons:
Creased in nose area
FLASHBACK :(
Dana S.
Review for: 230 more...
This is my first Influenster review.  I would appreciate any feedback to help  better my review in the future.  To begin, I wear a full coverage foundation.  My skin problems include large pores, redness due to my skin care routine, spider veins near my nose, and sun spots.  I usually rotate between 3 other foundations and decided after reading many reviews to give the FENTY PRO FILT'R color 230 a try. I will list the other foundations and colors I wear below for color reference.

First, the packaging is lovely.  I love the feel of the cold frosted glass in my hand.  The bottle has a pump that pumps out a pea size of fluid with each pump. Shake that baby up very well to mix the formula before pumping out 2 drops for HALF your facial application.  I say half because the formula dries into a very matte finish VERY quick.  I work with a mask brush I received from a Glam Glo kit to spread the foundation on my face working from my nose out towards my ears then my forehead and spreading the rest onto my chin.  I then use a damp beauty blender to stipple the foundation into my skin not to over stipple the pores near my nose.  I find if I go over and over the area near my nose I take the foundation off and have to go back in and do another application to the area.  I would like to add that I did not use a primer or setting spray before applying because I wanted to see the staying power and application prior to using any other products.

The first thing I notice is the pleasant smell of the product.  It has a very soft baby powder smell. Not strong, just very natural and pleasant. I find some foundations stink of chemicals, this does not.  After applying to one half of my face, I pumped one more pump out and applied to the to the other half of my face.  The finish is matte, almost like I did not need powder to set it.  It dried to a powder like finish on my skin.  It did not feel heavy or cakey.  I did note that the foundation did cake around my upper lip, but a quick rub of the damp beauty blender, blended the line out very nicely.  I then set with a setting powder.

So the read question and test.....staying power.  Fenominal!  Depending on my diet and how much fat I eat I tend to get very oily in my T zone which requires a tissue soak mid to early day.  I found by lunch the oil showed through only a little.  Mid day, took a tissue and absorbed the oil that did show through and once more before going home.  The foundation did not smudge a bit by the end of my 9 hour day.  I put the foundation to the test and wore straight for 1 week with minimal break out.  I have a period when my skin gets used to a beauty product where it will react.  I only had a few tiny pimples on my forhead that dried up very quick after treating with Anti-Bac acne solution.  The slight breakout could have been from the primer I used as well which was a new product.

Overall, this is my new favorite foundation.  The color was perfect, the staying power was strong.  The foundation did not oxidize much throughout the day to darken.  I would say if you really are on the fence about which shade to choose, go one shade lighter to allow for oxidization. You will not be sorry you tried the FENTY Pro Filt'R foundation!  I was so pleased I went onto Sephora to see what other products I may like, I am now eyeing up her blush and bronzer pallet.

Other foundations and colors:

Palladio rice powder: natural

Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
Review for: 300 more...
Right when this product was released, I knew I had to purchase it and try for myself. Rihanna did a beautiful job designing the bottle. Sleek, stylish, and very fashion-forward. Best part? It already comes with a pump! Not only that but the initial release came out with 40 shades so you know there are shades for practically everyone. The foundation itself is indeed very “soft matte” as the name implies. For me, it applies best with a beauty sponge. High coverage while still looking close to skin. Unfortunately, it goes downhill from here. This foundation wears horribly on me! Most foundations look better on me after an hour or two of wear, but this product seems to separate from my skin and accentuate the texture of my face. It transfers so, so bad. I thought maybe the culprit could be my primer or skincare... but after switching around products, it just seems that the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation doesn’t work for me. The initial application is great but it breaks down horribly on my face which breaks my heart. It’s a shame as I fully support Riri, the brand, and its inclusiveness. Darn. For reference, I am MAC NC40 and wear shade 300, combination skin type.
Sejay C.
Glendale
Review for: 160 more...
Hey guys. This is my first makeup review! This should be fun. Let me start off by saying I am a big fan of Fenty Beauty as a whole, and I had high expectations of this brand considering Rihanna. Nuff said! I started a youtube channel with my first video being a review of the products Fenty first launched. I went into Sephora the day Fenty launched when I bought this foundation, so I've been using it on and off for the past 9 months now. I've had a lot of time to experience it, and come to a real conclusion about it. I've worn it during the winter, out in the sun, and indoors at work for 9 hours.

My skin is combination, and gets pretty oily throughout the day mainly in the Tzone. I have a few occasional break outs, but nothing crazy. I have redness mainly around my nose. This foundation dried almost instantly when applying, so you have to be quick with the application. I find that the liquid soaks into my brushes, so I pump it out on my hand first before tapping into it with my brush. When it goes on at first my skin looks flawless, and airbrushed. It looks natural, and I'm in love with it. However I have worn it during 9 hour work days, and I find that it doesn't stay that way throughout the day depending on how I prime my skin. I moisturize every day twice a day, and I exfoliate 2-3 times a week.

I have tried this foundation without primer, and it starts to split up on my skin a bit throughout the day. It isn't noticeable unless you look at my skin up close. If does not stay on the area of my face around my nose, even if I set it with transculent powder. I eventually bought the Fenty primer marketed with this foundation, but it did nothing to hold the foundation to my face. On a side note though it is beautifully moisturizing and glowy, so I find that it makes the foundation look even better on my skin than before. It did not help my situation though with the foundation moving around my nose. I have discovered that the benefit porefessional primer helps this foundation to stay on my skin without moving, so with that it performs to it's full potential.

The shade range is incredible! The first time I bought this foundation I bought one shade too light, but on my second try I nailed it. I would recommend getting a sample first and wearing it out in natural daylight before purchasing your shade. I am 160, which is about the closest I have ever gotten to my true skin tone in comparison to foundations I've worn over the years. I'll probably be buying my summer shade soon once I get tanner.

As far as coverage I personally don't think it has the thickest coverage, but it is buildable. With the right brush you can work it out to be as full coverage as you need, or you can sheer it out really nicely with a beauty blender. I must also mention the foundation brush that Fenty has. I don't like it at all. I find that the foundation applies streaky with most brushes I have used, but a dense flat topped brush works the best with it. I always apply it first with my favorite foundation brush, then blend it even more with a damp beauty blender. I hope this review helps someone out today, and thank you for reading!
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
Review for: 110, 120 more...
There is a trick to this foundation, and once you’ve got it, you will never want to wear another one again!! I originally was matched to the wrong shade at Sephora - I was told that the color would oxidize, and was given a shade lighter than what I would have purchased myself. (I am very pale and was given shade 110, the second lightest.) However, it did not oxidize on me at all, and ended up being WAY too light. So I returned it and bought 120 - a perfect match. If you are looking into this foundation, make sure you allow for time to test it out. Maybe the lighter shades don’t oxidize as badly. Once you have the correct shade, find your perfect combination of products. I am VERY oily, so I paired this foundation with BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™ and set it with COVER FX Perfect Setting Powder. The foundation itself dries down to an almost powder finish, appears matte but is not flat or unnatural. If you have normal or dry skin, I would suggest a moisturizing primer OR mixing your favorite serum into the foundation itself. It’s medium to full coverage, and I find that it looks best when applied with a damp sponge. Work quickly because it does dry fast! I was very impressed with how long it lasted on my face. It stays through 8+ hour active shifts at work, and I wore it outside on a hot Texas day at the pool and it DID NOT MELT off my face at all. This was the real bonus for me! I would recommend at least trying this if you have oily skin and desperately want a long lasting foundation that does not melt off your face with long wear, and gives your skin a natural appearance. You just have to find what works with your skin type. I feel like Fenty has the best selection of shades regardless of your skin tone and undertones.
Dana L.
Review for: 140 more...
Buckle up for the long review: I have sensitive combination skin that progressively gets noticeably oily/flaky in areas throughout the day. I also touch my face & sneeze A LOT (thanks allergies) during the day so I’m always deep into the tissues & feel like I’m just rubbing off my makeup. My skin has annoyingly yellow undertones in some areas and then random pink undertoned areas that all never seem to match right with drug store/other brand foundations/B.B. & C.C. Creams etc. And last but not least I have some trouble acne spots that can be difficult to cover...I’m talking like it’s either angry red or has been dying slowly and it doing that awkward will it scab over or is it just going to do this weird skin flake thing (GROSS! Amirite?!).

I’ve heard/read/seen all the hype about this foundation. Lemme tell you I was skeptical. So I went to Sephora and they hooked me up with a sample after matching me. Naturally my shade (140) was out but I had my sample and I went on my way. I’ve been using this for 2 weeks now and I have some feelings.

I f******* love this foundation. It is a blessing. IT ACTUALLY MATCHES MY SKINTONE FLAWLESSLY. Ok? I don’t even need to blend it down my neck it is THAT perfect. It doesn’t make me look orange and I am so grateful for that. My one complaint is that it dries quickly but it legit dries to an almost powdery finish and it is a beautiful sight. I “contour” (idk how to contour but I have a kit and I try my hardest) with a powder so it works great with this. My blush and highlight are also powder and lemme tell you...after 9 hours of working & commuting I get home and it’s allllll still right where I put it on in the morning. The stay power is incredible. What about my progressive oily spots? They don’t exist anymore...those shine spots don’t gradually appear throughout the day...my skin stays looking like a beautiful matte piece of art. Also those troubled acne areas? They’re covered, they stay covered, & the weird flaky ones are less noticeable for sure.

I first apply the Fenty primer, then I apply my 140 with a foundation brush, and thennnn I buff/blend it in with my beauty blender. I don’t have to use setting spray or powder with this it just stays and slays. Since we’re all beautiful & unique here’s my advice:: head to Sephora, get a few swatches on your cheek/neck (wherever they put it on you to match it) & walk around for a bit because it does oxidize & slighty change color. ((When I first applied it completely my initial thought was “NO NO NO THIS IS NOT IT” but then it transformed.)) Then check which swatch you think looks best & get yourself a sample to make sure you like it! A little bit goes a loooong way. My sample lasted over a week but halfway through I went on the fenty website and ordered it. I highly highly recommend giving this a shot!
Christina F.
FRESNO, CA
I was using Clinique beyond perfection and it was good but it was not my unicorn..... so of course I continued to look. On Sephora this foundation had good reviews so I decided to take the leap after two plus years of using Clinique. My face is difficult and doesn't do well with many foundations. With Clinique it separated from my chin and nose, not horribly but enough to notice by about 2pm. Once I purchased this I began second guessing and watching the YouTube videos with everyone complaining. So I panicked and almost returned it immediately...... I'm so glad I didn't! This stuff is amazing on my skin. It looks good and lasts.... and when I say last I mean yesterday I applied at 6am......I had taught all day, then ran around at our school carnival in 95 degree heat and at 7pm western I got home it basically looked as if I just applied it. The picture is at the end of the day and the only flaw is my nose.... and the fact that I was exhausted lol. For me this might just be my unicorn! FYI....I didn't use any filter or touch ups..... my makeup by 7pm is usually greasy and separating this is simply amazing for me.
Victoria r.
Review for: 240 more...
So I got this foundation (I'm shade 120) and oh my gosh. People. It looks like I have just healthy skin. I have slightly combo to normal-ish skin. I have acne scars; texture & my acne is caused from thousands of blackheads that pop up and seem to never really go away. So I don't get badly greasy or oily throughout the day. My skin just kinda stays normal. One thing I tend to have problems with is when foundation clings to my dry patches and breaks apart. So at the end of the day the only thing that's left is my concealer. So I look crazy without foundation on (because it just disappears) but I have concealer under my eyes. So I look terrible after 6 hours. But this stuff STICKS. It doesn't disappear. At the end of wearing this for 16 hours, it looks like I've just applied it. It doesn't break apart on my dry spots. It doesn't slide off when I'm sweating in my slightly oily T-Zone. It just stays there forever. It dries down to my prefect shade and it's so pretty when it's matte but it still has a glow. And this foundation is actually my freaking color. I have cool undertones but they aren't a strong pink/red. So I struggle with finding my shade in absolutely any foundation. I was using Estée Lauder's double wear in the lightest shade they offered: cool bone. I looked like I didn't know how to do my makeup at all because that stuff was sooo orange/red on me. I had to mix in so many different things to get it to even look ok. And even then I still looked like a first time 7th grade girl trying a too dark foundation for the first time. The worst thing about my skin is how insanely huge my pores on my cheeks are. This foundation is literally God's way of telling the beauty world he appreciates all our dedication, so here, take a break and be mesmerized by an amazing foundation from one of my best creations; Rihanna. My pores are gone. They don't accent them. They don't make them stand out a mile away. This foundation: 10/10. Buy it. It's amazing and you won't regret it! Less
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
Review for: 140 more...
I'm looking for something a little more lightweight than my estée-lauder-double-wear-stay-in-place-foundation but something that will stay all day and not transfer, like my hg DW. I think the fenty smells a bit odd, like baby doll plastic body parts or something.. alot of people love it but it reminds me of something weird and the smell stays all day. But that aside, the coverage is what I am looking for. Covers up my uneven discoloration, and still let's my freckles peek through. The consistency is quite runny and I do have to use quite a bit of product to cover my face. I am not quite sure this is my exact color, maybe I'll get a sample of 150 or 190, something neutral, because even though I have a very yellow undertone, this is quite yellow, and oxidised slightly orange? Idk in pictures it's seriously undetectable but outside in natural light, in person, I feel like my forehead looks a bit orangey. I love the light feel to it, but throughout the day it clings to dry areas pretty bad, like on my chin, where no other foundations have ever clung to before. And settled into fine lines on the tip of my nose. Idk maybe I was extra dehydrated... Because having fine lines on the tip of my nose is crazy.. lol I'm only 26. But it didn't cake in my nose crease, or settle in my smile line which was nice. Definatley didn't transfer and lasted the whole day! I'm to keep testing it out. The second time I used it I put a different primer (not the fenty) on my tzone.. my go to smashbox and it didn't make my nose wrinkle.. but still clung to drier areas pretty bad. Not sure if its what I'm looking for but definitely close!
jordan r.
Whiteman Afb, MO
Review for: 210 more...
This is a beautiful foundation, I do have to give it that! Very long lasting and the shade range is so amazing! It sets well on the skin and is really my skin color! Matches great!

It applies well with both a beauty blender and a brush I have used both. I do think I like the beauty blender better though.

The coverage is great and really sinks into the skin nicely.

My only problem is, is that I have dry skin. So with that and this being a matte foundation, if I don’t use a hydrating primer and good moisturizer before I apply this, it doesn’t look right on my skin. The first time using it I didn’t do that and I got so upset cause I wanted to like this foundation. Once I played with it more I now found what works for me and my skin. I use a hydrating and glowing primer or moisturizer underneath and that does the trick. It still sets matte on me but doesn’t make me look even more dry.

It lasts me all day and I have gotten so many compliments using this foundation.

What I do love is that it drys to natural looking that you really don’t even need to set it! All I set sometimes is my under eye concealer!

I would so get this product again!

Dominika Q.
💕Let’s increase our scores ... Write your name one letter at a time in the answer below. I will like them all..💕 Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationM.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick
Beth-Ann S.
How does this foundation work for dry skin? I'm worried it may dry me out.
Tianna G.
Burnaby, BC
I’m looking for a new foundation that won’t appear cakey especially in the sun. If not this one, can y’all tag your favs?
Paola M.
Antioch, TN
AMAZING COLORS! for what kind of skin is this recommended?
Allie M.
Reno
Does this product oxidize? I feel like the lighter colors always come up orange in some foundations.

Sephora