BY FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA #10 in Face Primer

Give it to me quick:

A shine-stopping, pore-diffusing primer that smooths the way for better foundation application and longer wear with an instant retouch effect.

Tell me more: Nothing is sexier than touch-worthy skin: Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer is the first step to getting there. Paired with Pro Filt'r Foundation, this oil-free primer smooths away the look of pores, visibly evens skin tone and texture, and instantly absorbs shine without feeling dry or chalky. That means smoother foundation application and longer makeup wear.

Unlike a basic mattifying primer, Pro Filt’r’s cushiony, touch-me-now texture mattifies skin with the lightest-possible feel, for a full-on sensorial experience. And the universal invisipink formula? It’s not just pretty—it creates a filter-like blurring effect and melts instantly into all skin tones without a trace. Pro Filt’r works all day to help makeup last longer, feeling lightweight and comfortable, so you don’t have to worry about your skin—and you’ll be ready for anything.

Fenty Beauty is 100% cruelty free.

Ingredients: AQUA/WATER/EAU, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, GLYCERIN, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, NYLON-12, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TALC, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BENZOIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CORAL POWDER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, XANTHAN GUM, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492).

• Primer good for dry skin? Is it thick and moisturizing?2 Answers
  • I want this soooooooobad1 Answers
  • Im hoping to get my hands on some of rhiannas products soon!1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i love this primer! it really smoothes out the skin creating a perfect base for your foundation. i love how it mattifies your skin without appearing dry or flaky like some mattifying products." in 203 reviews
  • "this primer is moisturizing. it has a slight scent but nothing too crazy. it’s good for normal to oily skin. it has a natural finish and easy to apply. i usually use two pumps for my face." in 51 reviews
Xiomara M.
I absolutely love this product! I have combo skin (gets dryer in the winter). It does a really good job with moisturizing and is a great primer. I am only half way into the bottle and I got it around November of last year, I only do my makeup about 2-3 times a week and use 2 pumps for my whole face. If you’re looking into getting a high end primer I think this is a good one. My makeup lasts all day, as long as I don’t touch my face which you should never do regardless if you’re wearing makeup or not. I wear glass and I can say from experience that no primer will keep makeup from coming off around the nose area, I suggest keeping a makeup compact and blotting paper in your purse and just retouch that area. All in all I think this is an amazing primer and I honestly really like it and will repurchase it when the bottle is empty.

* another thing I’d like to add is, your makeup will only look as good depending on what you do it prior, skin care and exfoliating your face is a MUST. Trust me when I say my skin has never looked this good since I started a good skin care routine. Wash, exfoliate, and MOISTURIZE!! And I promise your skin will start looking better and your makeup will be more flawless :)

Side note- I have taken the top off to see if it’s easily removable, and that’s when I made note to repurchasing whenever I run out :)
Rebecca B.
Hollis, NY
I have been using this primer ever since the product became available in Sephora a few months ago and I really do enjoy it. It is definitely one of the more moisturizing primers out there that do not leave you feeling oily at all, but just perfectly hydrated, which is exactly how I love my skin to feel before applying any foundation. However, I do not notice any blurring of pores or anything like that.
Another thing that I don't like is that you never really feel that the primer has absorbed into your skin. It sometimes feels as if it's still super slippery on the surface, which makes me hesitant sometimes, but I solved these problems by mixing this primer with a different primer.
It has been lasting me such a long time and I know it's only $2 cheaper than the  FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation  which puts it on the pricier side, but for me personally, the hydration, packaging, and amount of product is what makes it worth it for me.  FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer
Yadira M.
Kennewick, WA
I love this primer a lot, one of my favorites. It those what it claims to do, is so gentle on the skin, a creamy formula, reduces pores when you applied under you regular foundation. Makes you foundation to stay on place for a longer time, I have a combination skin and it doesn’t make my T zone oily. It does have a kind of strong smell “coconut” but in a good way. The packaging is stunning it looks fancy, it’s a glassy container and it has a pomp which is better so you don’t open the whole thing and get germs, so the way it conserves better. You don’t need a lot of product with a lil bit your good to go. Definitely going to repurchased, the only thing is that is kind of expensive but is worth it. I do recommend a lot.
Jazz P.
Tampa, FL
I have oily and acne prone skin, and also live in the humid climate of Florida. I love the texture of this primer. I appreciate that it has more of a lotion feel, rather than a silicone texture. It does slightly help smooth out my pores and texture areas. For me, it works best with the FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation. I regularly also wear it with my Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation, but I noticed it’ll make my nose more oily throughout the day; when I don’t use the primer with my UD foundation, the foundation does not break up on my nose. Also, I’ve noticed the primer sometimes causes tiny breakouts on my forehead (I’ve worn it alone). Overall, the primer is great for a smooth, refreshed look. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to those who don’t have super oily skin.
Rodneya R.
Zanesville , OH
I really like this primer! I have combination skin and it does a pretty good job of keeping me matte. My skin definitely feels moisturized with it. I sometimes have to blot and powder my face, but that's usually after wearing it for hours. I also find that it lasts longer when I wear the Fenty Beauty foundation with it.

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. Sometimes it's hard to get it out and now that I'm at the bottom I can't get any product out. I also can't figure out how to remove the top to get to the rest of the product.

I would definitely recommend it, but they do need to work on the packaging.

Melissa A.
Pennington , NJ
I have been using it for about a week now and its probably the best smoothing primer I have ever tired (and believe me I’ve tired a lot). Like I’ve mentioned I have some texture on my nose and cheeks that absolutely drives me crazy! I have tried other primers that claim to do the same things and usually they just end up making my skin look dry and cause my makeup to ball up and look cakey. But this primer doesn’t do either of these things! I think it has a lot to do with its creamy texture. A lot of smoothing primers can feel like straight silicone (aka the Smashbox photo finish primer) while there is nothing wrong with that feel it tends to not play well with others. But this primer has this very creamy almost moisturizer like texture which helps it to smooth out the skin but not completely dry it out. I would definitely recommend this primer to any one looking for something to even out their skin before makeup application! So far it seems to work really well in my dry areas as well as the areas of my skin that get oily.
Kenia R.
Eugene, OR
I use this primer everyday, it is the perfect combination of lightweight and blurring! It is soft to the touch and works great for my oily skin. It doesn’t add any shine or excess oils to my skin. It isn’t the most pore filling primer that I have used but I definitely gives you that smoothing look. To make it all better it comes in a pump, which is one of my favorite things about this product. I totally plan on repurchasing this once I run out!
Amanda G.
Lakewood, CA
WOW! I got a sample from Sephora recently of this primer. I have dry acne prone skin with scarring and uneven texture. I wear makeup everyday for long hours. I use Hourglass mineral veil primer (with the hourglass vanish foundation stick). I wanted a primer that was a little tackier and more hydrating. I like the veil primer for smoothing  and it also calms my redness but it does make my makeup slip I hate to admit it. This Fenty primer is so good. It kept my face in place, kept my makeup smooth and plumped my acne scars. I will be buying the full size. So far a few days of wear and no breakouts, something I always worry about.
krystal V.
Perris, CA
Let's talk about some primer realness. First, let me tell you that my skin ranges from combo to oily, so I am very meticulous about what products I put on my face because I don't want my skin breaking out or getting even oilier but I don't want too much of a matte finish either because then I feel like my face looks powdery and dull. So when I saw it was labeled "soft matte" it caught my attention. And as true as the label states, it is! After applying the primer on my face I can instantly visibly see the size of my pores reduce and my face looks "filtered" aka, the texture of my skin looks like it's been refined and blurred out. It feels smooth on my skin but not siliconey either, which I like because often times primers that have silicone break up my makeup. So it was love at first sight, love at first touch, but the real question is...would this love relationship LAST? Well, I can happily say that after trying the primer multiple times in long periods of the day, it's a go-to for me now. My makeup looks flawless all day without it showing any signs of oil seeping through, and looks like I have just finished applying my makeup even after it's been a long day. It looks so flattering too because it provides the perfect in between from matte to glowing/dewy skin. Truly perfection. Thank you Rhi
Amista B.
New Lexington, OH
First and most importantly, if you’re looking for a super mattefying primer this is it. If you’re very oily it’ll be great and if you’re dry it’ll be terrible. I am what I’d call normal with a tendency to run on the dry side in winter. This primer applies really well and the bottle is quite large. It has a light pink color but dries transparent. My main complaint is the scent... it’s horribly perfumey smelling. Like someone sprayed a few different old lady perfumes all at once. If the scent faded after applying I’d be okay with that but it doesn’t. I continue to smell it all day. I do not like it at all.
Safeena V.
Coquitlam, BC
Is this primer good for combo skin?
arii A.
Watsonville, CA
Good for como skin?
Kayla U.
Lansing, IL
I'm dying to try the fenty beauty line. Are the products any good ?
Alexis O.
Everybody & their mom is losing their mind over this foundation, is it worth the hype???
Ashley K.
Does this primer fill in your pores ?